“Pleasantonly surprised - Excellent business hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
los angeles
“Pleasantonly surprised - Excellent business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

I was in town recently for a business trip. Typically when i travel to pleasanton I stay at the Marriott or the Hilton. I had heard the Sheraton was recently renovated so I wanted to see how it was plus the price was right. I was very impressed with the hotel, especially the service. Everyone at the hotel was extremely pleasant and seemed to really care about how my stay was. The front desk had an excellent recommendation for a restaurant in downtown Pleasanton that was spot on.

The rooms were excellent - updated look and feel, flat screen TV, clean, decent size. I cannot complain. The hotel is located directly off the freeway and was easy to find. It is located across from a major mall which was helpful since I needed to get a tie that I forgot (Nordstroms).

I would highly recommend this hotel and will continue to stay here when I come to town.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank toucan90266

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2008

I'm writing this review from the hotel room. We booked a corner room with a pull out couch. I made the reservation directly to the hotel website since I don't want to chance myself with getting a noisy side of the property. They pre-booked a room as I requested. The room is on the 2nd floor, though it's a non-smoking room we still can smell the evidence of the used-to-be-a-smoke room (yucky smell!).
We have a poolside room. Quiet and perfect. A/C works fine. Bed is comfortable enough to sleep. Only 4 pillows provided. No extra pillows or blankets in the closet. A working friedge. The room itself looks tired with cottage cheese ceiling but ok. The arrangement of the funiture is awkward. Had to move the pull out couch -yup, it was a heavy one- to be able to pull out the bed.
The shower not that great. The showerhead volume is just mediocre, even worse when the room next door is using the bathroom at the same time. Toiletries are standard. Location is right across the mall, though I took the kids there by driving. The parking lot is too big and dangerous to cross with little ones.
We left our room @10am and got back @3.30pm only to find that our room has NOT been cleaned yet. Not a good thing. Called the front desk and offered to clean it right away - doesn't work well with 2 cranky kids who need to nap.
(Let's see whether they clean it after kids woke up)
Internet costs $9.95 plus tax and it has the weirdest cut off time. No matter when you made your first access, you will get cut off @3pm. Better to login @3.15pm on 12/1 and will expire on 12/2 @3.pm. But, if you login before 3pm on 12/1 they'll charge you for full price and cut off the same day @3pm.
I wish they had same arrangement as other brand hotels that we've stayed at. 24 hours internet access.
Parking lot is ample. Good thing. I knew they have shuttle, but can't comment on it. BART is about 2 blocks, but can't review it.
The staffs are friendly.
Will we stay again at this hotel? I doubt it. I will try another hotel that also located across from the mall.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — tired room, shower, smelly room, late housekeeping, awkward room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IndoGal

Travellers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Sonora, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

My friend and I and our two kids stayed here to keep the expense low when we went into San Francisco. Which turned out to be the right decision. I booked the room through expedia and only came to about $95.00, which was less than what the hotel cost, but I would pay the price they charged because the service was great.

All of us took the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) which was only $10.50 to take us into the city and then we transferred to a MUNI. It was a great experience, the hotel was only about 5 minutes from the BART station. Also the hotel was right across the street from a giant mall. Many restaurants and shopping. I was very impressed with this hotel. As soon as we arrived the receptionist was very polite and check in was easy. I had a major headache upon arrival and the receptionist gave me ibuprofen free from the gift shop. And everytime we called down to front desk they called me by Ms Andrea and were extremely helpful and polite. I will definitely stay here again. Great location, beautiful area, and wonderful customer service. I felt very safe and was very impressed.

• Liked — Access to San Francisco was so easy!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
DOSMPleasanton, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2008
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments! We appreciate your time and business! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2008

Stay: May 15 - May 16, 2008

Room: Deluxe Room

Upgrade: Room Upgrade

Comments: We stayed here during our relocation up the coast and the hotel was nice. The room was spacious, the layout was different with the TV to the left of the bed rather than at the foot, but it created more usable space. The rooms were nicely appointed and the Club Lounge is nice, but be aware that most restaurants anywhere nearby (including anything that delivers) closes by 10:00. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating, gave us a room upgrade and tried to help us find some food open late. Nice little stop right off the freeway.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank AdrianVanzulli
Ventura
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel on business and chose it because it is literally next door to where I was going. When I first pulled up I was less than impressed with the outside of the hotel and thought that I may have sacrificed qualify for convenience. I was wrong. The hotel is nice enough on the inside but immediately you see a sign that says "excuse our mess while we remodel" so any thoughts I may have had were immediately dismissed understanding that they were in the throws of an upgrade. I was greeted by a very nice man who was quite helpful. I asked if there were any complimentary upgrades available and he quickly said he could check me into a club level room. The room was on the 6th floor and allows access to the Club room which offers free cocktails, snacks and breakfast in the morning. I had had a long day in airports and was pleased to walk into my BEAUTIFUL room and realize I was 2 doors down from a glass of complimentary wine! I got my wine and cheese, took a shower and ordered a wonderful cheeseburger from room service! Nice, quick service! My only complaint of this hotel is the noise. My room faced the freeway and even though they offer earplugs on your pillow when you get there, they really don't help. I didn't get a great night sleep due to the noise but usually I am being pulled out of bed up by an unhappy 8 month old, so hey, pick your battles!

• Liked — The friendly service
  • Disliked — The Freeway Noise!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Visalia, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2008

Stayed 1 night at the Sheraton Pleasanton while on a business trip. The room itself was nice and the staff was pleasant, very friendly & helpful. Everything was great except for the freeway noise. It was VERY loud and I got little sleep. Not good for someone going to a business meeting. I would probably not stay here again due to the road noise. If, for some reason, I had to stay here again I would ask for a room away from the freeway and/or take some earplugs.

P.S. My boss had the same complaint and told me not to put us there again.

• Liked — Close to restaurants
  • Disliked — Too much noise from the freeway! Very difficult to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Gdude7
DOSMPleasanton, Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2008
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments! We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us, however, we truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Please know that we use all feedback to improve our service and overall hotel quality. Although the noise levels were not to your standards, we will work to resolve this issue with other options to you and other travelers in the future. We appreciate your time and business!
Las Vegas, nv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2007

I am a SPG Platinum. We stay at this hotel in late November 07. We had a delux corner room on club floor. Room is very spacious, clean and comfortable. Even though our room was on the freeway side, we were not bothered by the freeway noise. We had breakfirst on the downstair restaurant in the am with very good service. Food was decent. We had a very good stay. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank SPGplatinum1
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments! We appreciate your time, feedback and business! We hope to see you again in the near future!