“The Best you will find ANYWHERE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt House Pleasanton

Hyatt House Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Portage, Wisconsin
“The Best you will find ANYWHERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

My daughter booked with the Hyatt House via Hotels.com. I was travelling to California to visit my dying sister and was, naturally, quite distraught. Hotels.com had booked the room when actually the Hyatt was fully booked. Management at the Hyatt assured my daughter that they would either offer me a room upon a cancellation or assist me in getting a room elsewhere once I arrived. When I arrived, I was warmly greeted as the staff knew the purpose of my visit. I did receive a room and what a beautiful place it was. The kitchenette has full-sized appliances, granite countertops, plus a microwave, toaster and coffee maker with coffee. The bathroom has a lovely shower with glass doors and ceramic tile. The beds were comfortable with down (or down alternative) comforters and pillows of various "cushiness". Everything looked new. The room was exceptionally quiet. HOWEVER, the best part of this hotel is the customer service. Every night there was a message from the front desk asking if the room had been made up to my expectations and was there anything more they could do for me. I found the breakfast selections to be varied and very good. I never was able to attend the social hours in the early evening, but how nice is that? I saw the menu for the daily selections and it was unbelievable. It would be a nice way to end a day. I hope I can visit the Hyatt again on a less stressful and sad occasion. These people make you feel like family. Check them out. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are more easily accessed as there are no elevators. Not a big deal unless you are...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sharon g
, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you so much for your review. It means so much to us that we were able to help you in a time of need and that your stay with us was as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances. I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again in the future in happier times. Please fee free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should ever need anything and if you ever come to visit the area again. Thanks again for the kind words!

Marlene Fahrenkrog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Oakland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I hosted my daughter's slumber party at the Hyatt House. We rented the 2 bedroom trio suite. The room was perfect. The first bedroom had a king sized bed. The second two double beds and the living room area had a pull out couch. The room also had a dining area and a fulll kitchen with place settings for 6. It was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were nicely appointed with all of the comforts of home. There was a nice pool at the hotel with a hot tub. A full (though not particularly tasty) breakfast was served in the main dining area. There was also a dvd player which allowed us to bring rented movies.

One caution, the rooms were outside access with no stairs. We were on the second floor which wasn't too bad but a little challenging for grandma. All in all, a really nice experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia F
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Thank you so much for your great review of our property. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that your daughter's slumber party was a success. We recently completed a full rooms renovation and I'm so happy that you enjoyed the brand new accomodations. If you stay with us in the future - be sure to request a ground floor room when making your reservation and we will do our best to accomodate you. I'm sorry that you did not fully enjoy our complimentary full HOT breakfast buffet. We usually get very good reviews on this as we offer something for everyone. We will be adding an omelet station in the near future so hopefully you will be able to come back and try it out again. Thank you again for your review and for your feedback as it's the only way we can improve upon our service and amenities. Please feel free to contact me at 925-730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Carson City, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotel description included inside access rooms and express check-in/out. Our room was lovely but on the 3rd floor, no elevator, outside access. There was no express check-in or out. I was told there were 6 suites with inside access (out of over 100). When I checked in, the couple next to me at the desk (with a baby) had paid for their room on Hotels.com but did not have a credit card for incidentals. The clerk and the manager refused to allow these people to stay without a credit card and would not accept $150 in cash as a deposit for incidentals. It was Saturday evening, so the banks were closed. I was outraged at this policy and empathised with this poor couple who were never told ahead of time of the credit card policy. Not sure if they found a place to stay. The desk clerk offered to have hotels.com refund the room rate but what kind of policy is it that you can pay for a room, offer to leave a deposit of $150 and be denied that room?
Other hotels have nice rooms, pools and hot tubs and, hopefully, better advertising and room policies.

Room Tip: Be prepared to climb stairs and have outside access.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Traveler46_12
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I apologize that it was not what you expected. Many of our Guests enjoy our exterior property as it provides a resort like feel - especially in the courtyard and pool area. I understand that stairs can provide a challenge to some so that is why we make sure to try to accomodate any special requests we may have for 1st or 2nd floor rooms. I also understand that you had a little bit of a wait while you were checking in due to a large group we had that just happened to be checking in at the same time and I do apologize for that inconvenience. We do not offer express check in at kiosks as we like to get to know our Guests and make sure that we are meeting everyone's needs individually. If you would like an express check out, we are happy to prepare your bill for you and have it ready for your to pick up at the front desk. Just give us a call a few minutes before you are ready to check out to let us know. We cannot provide a bill under your door due to being an exterior property and having weather stripping on all doors which blocks us from placing anything under them. As far as our policy to require a credit card at check in, it is listed on all of the pages we are on including Hotels.com and we do require this from all of our Guests. We did end up making an exception for the couple you are referring to but you must have left the desk before this was resolved. Thank you again for your feedback and it is our hope that you will choose Hyatt house Pleasanton again during your next stay. If you should need anything else or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at 925-730-0070 ext. 505. Thanks so much! - Marlene Fahrenkrog, General Manager
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

we usually stay here a couple times a year and i've got to say that their remodel was top notch. took the tub out and replaced it with an awesome shower enclosure. granite kitchen counters and new appliances. new carpet and furniture. great job Hyatt. you made our weekend!!!! Thank You!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank central_valley-sb-ad
Thank you so much for your response. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are receiving really great feedback from all of our Guests and it is great to know that a repeat Guest, such as yourself, appreciates the upgrades. Please look for more great changes coming at the end of this year into early next year when we remodel our lobby and public space. Thanks again for your positive feedback and please let me know if you should need anything or have any additonal questions or concerns. I can be reached at 925-730-0070 ext 505.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel is awesome! You can find good deals on their website. I had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom for a long weekend. My family agreed it was like a full size apartment - with housekeeping every day. 3 TV's - bedrooms and living room. The beds and pillow are comfortable. The other furniture is a little dated, but still fine. The kitchen has all the basics you need, and the grocery store is 4 blocks away. It's quiet at night, there is some noise from the walking of neighbors upstairs. Get a top story if that bothers you. The hotel is 3 stories high with no elevator. The breakfast is hot and has a variety - it's not the highest quality but you can find something to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dustyelisa
Thank you so much for your response. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this year. We have just completed a full rooms renovation in April so you will have to come back sometime to enjoy the newly updated rooms - I think you will be very impressed. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in any way - I can be reached at 925-730-0070 ext. 505. Thanks again for your feedback!

Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have to give the place five stars if only because of the staff. I walked in at the last minute after a long travel day and they were able to accommodate me entirely. No question about it; if I am back again this is where I am staying.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel and our service. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in town and I'm so happy that you experienced it during your stay with us. We have also just completed a full rooms renovation in April of this year and will begin a fulll lobby and public space renovation in December/January. I hope that your travels will bring you back to the Pleasanton area so that you may enjoy these upgrades. Thank you again and please feel free to contact me directly at 925-730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Spent six nights here over Christmas, 2011...a great choice. Spacious, well-furnished, well-equipped, king-bedded suites with large living room and full kitchen, and two large flat-screen tv's. Suite was cleaned daily even over the holiday. Excellent buffet breakfast each morning with lots of newspapers for everyone. Friendly and very competent staff...minor plumbing problem fixed on Christmas Eve! Located in a quiet neighbourhood, but near the expressways.

All rooms are currently being renovated in sections with completion in May, 2012. Will always stay here when we come from Canada to visit our family in Pleasanton, CA.

Room Tip: Three storey buildings with no elevator...request ground floor room if you don't want to climb...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ldt43
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Residence Inn Pleasanton
Residence Inn Pleasanton
#5 of 14 in Pleasanton
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!