“updated suites with comfy beds”

Hyatt House Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 December 2012

These suites are fantastic. I was on a business trip with my husband and baby and needed the extra space so I went with these suites. We were upgraded to a two bedroom and I couldn't have been happier. The beds were soft and comfortable. The bedrooms were a good size, both with their own bathrooms. I stayed here for one week, and we had convenient magnets to hang on the door to ask if you wanted the room freshened up, or if you wanted the maid to not visit at all. We liked this a lot, because the baby was sleeping often and we didn't want her disturbed. The location was great and within walking distance to restaurants. The breakfast buffet had hot food, including scrambled eggs and homefries. I enjoyed getting breakfast there each day, since it was part of our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank givemeahug
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Hi there...Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I'm so glad that it was an enjoyable time for you and your family. If you do get a chance to return in the new year - you will see some changes beginning April 1st! We are renovating our lobby/public space and will be adding an HBar as well as some outdoor soft seating with a firepit! I hope that your travels bring you back to Pleasanton so that you can enjoy our new amenities we will be offering. Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Marlene

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Nice is really the best word for this place. We had a beautiful suite overlooking the courtyard, nice hot breakfast every morning. The hot tub was wonderful. We made use of the BBQ one evening to do some steaks, the whole experience was really Nice.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is best
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BJ T
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful courtyard! We will be renovating the lobby in January and are adding some outdoor upgrades as well. We will be putting in another gazebo with soft seating as well as a fire pit for our Guests to enjoy. I hope that you will make it back to enjoy the new look and feel of our lobby and outdoor space next spring. Thanks again for the feedback on your stay and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed just one night, but was very happy with accomodations. Location is accessible to many places in the immediate area: shopping mall, restaurants and grocery, parks. Everyone at the front desk was helpful and professional. 2 BDR unit suited our needs and we took advantage of full kitchen for dinner. Originally reserved Trio unit but only one available was on 2nd floor towards back lot. With kids, I preferred easy access to pool, so got the 2 King beds facing courtyard. Patio tables outside pool area was nice place for lunch. The hot/cold breakfast menu was decent, but the eggs were awful and pancakes a bit rubbery. There were other items that were fine and the kitchen staff was accomodating to replenishing coffee thermoses and dishes. Had a good stay here and would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your accomodations with us and that our location was convenient for you as well. I do apologize that the breakfast was not to your liking and I wanted to let you know that we will be upgrading this in the new year. We are adding a cooked to order omelette station that we are sure our Guests will enjoy. I hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us in 2013 to enjoy our newly renovated lobby as well as our new addition of the omelette station.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Unit was a good size with separate bedroom and full kitchen. Pool was just the right temperature, bed was comfortable, bathroom and kitchen nice. Only there for 1 night but would be a great spot for a longer stay. Breakfast was ok. Quiet area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will be able to return in the new year as we will be renovating our breakfast area and adding an omelet station to our complimentary breakfast buffet for all of our Guests. We will also be adding Hyatt's signature HBar and will offer small plates and drinks 7 days a week. Thank you again for your review and please let me know if you should need anything in the future. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Had a recent weekend stay for a kids sporting event. At the last minute the staff went above and beyond to be accomodating for our group and wanted to send a note to thank them for it.

For my room specifically, we had one facing outside the courtyard and it was very quiet. Someone commenented that it must be empty because there was so little noise but I pointed out the parking lot is packed and at checkin I overheard on the phone they said they were sold out for the night! Pool a bit small but well heated and very well kept along with the rest of the common area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will be back again during future events in our area. We will be renovating our public space and outdoor area and will be adding things like a gazebo with soft seating and a separate fire pit area with additional seating as well. We are also adding Hyatt's signature HBar and will offer small plates and drinks 7 days a week. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back as our Guest soon! If you should need anything please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I am a big Hyatt fan. Check my profile. I stay at a lot of Hyatt properties as a family and as a business person. This Hyatt House left me with mixed feelings. We had a very quiet room in the back half of the property. We never heard another patron. We never heard a vehicle on the street. Our room had been modernized. The new Phillips HD TVs made watching the Olympics a bonus. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen had enough hardware to eat in your room, but not prepare a meal in your room. However, the ice maker didn't work in the refrigerator (three batches of ice in three days). The shower hardware was malfunctioning. The shower doors were unbalanced and rolled open leaving you standing in puddles and mopping up. The balcony had full ash trays for all three days with no one smoking around us (aka they had been there a long while). The front door was bowed in and the weather striping removed so you could see under the door. The weekend breakfasts were of low quality, cafeteria food. I picked oatmeal packets and tea to avoid the powered eggs and nitrate riddled sausage patties. At this time, I could go 50/50 for staying here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the back right side for maximum quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites as well as the tranquility of our property and I do apologize that your total experience was not enjoyable. Our goal is to always exceed our Guests expectations and unfortnately, in your case, we did not. I have spoken with our Maintenance Department regarding the ice maker, shower hardware, and weather stripping in your suite and all issues have been resolved. We have Maintenance on property every day so in the future - if you do decide to try us again - please let us know immediately if there is anything wrong in your suite. We do our best to be proactive and catch these types of things with our preventative maintenance program, however, sometimes things get missed and I apologize again for that. Our new shower doors are a bit tricky and do leak if they are not closed correctly. We have checked the doors in the suite you were in and they are working fine and it must have been that they just weren't closed correctly. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. We usually receive very good feedback on this as we offer something for everyone. We will be adding a made to order omelet station in the new year so I hope that you will come back to try it out. As far as the ashtrays outside of your suite - I do apologize for this. We are a completely nonsmoking facility so our Guests are not allowed to smoke in the suites, however, they can outside of the rooms and that is why we provide ashtrays on the landings for Guests to use. We typically empty them daily and I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping staff so as to assure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback as it is the only way we can improve upon our service. Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything or if you should have any additional comments or questions.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

A very pleasant stay in their renovated/upgraded facilities again. Breakfast was very good on most days, front desk personnel nice and eager to help but house keeping needed improvement. Had 2 days with no service at all out of the 4 days of our stay. We do like this hotel and facilities, but may look at others in the future due to house keeping deficiencies during our past stays. Miscommunications and lack of supervision may be the problem, things which can be easily and quickly corrected by the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!