“Best stay in my entire life!”

Hyatt House Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madera, California
“Best stay in my entire life!”
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

I stay many places but this by far was the best stay for my family. It had so much room for my kids to play. Full kitchen, living room area and separate bedroom. We only stayed for one night and we were sad to have to leave but it was more of a business trip. I slept with my twins in the pull sofa bed and it was really comfy. I have sleept on some sofa beds that were pure misery but nit this time. My hubby and 7 yr sleept in the king bed were comfy also. Closets were big, everything was clean. I am very picky on cleanliness. I hate rooms that are falling apart and it felt brand new to me. Well kept hyatt definitely. Breakfast was good, better than average. Don't expect gourmet but expect variety and better than MCdonalds crap and its free. I do hours of research on hotels, look over reviews etc and this was by far the best.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank kimmirae
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Hi there...Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I'm so glad that you and your family truly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for posting some nice photos of the suite you were in. I'm so glad you enjoyed the new sofa bed as well as the new Hyatt Grand Bed that were recently put in the suites too!

I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again as we will be undergoing a full public space/lobby renovation that should be complete by April of this year. Please fee free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Marlene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stopped here for a night on our way. The front desk staff was very friendly. The suite was very spacious and well decorated. Well equipped kitchen though we didnt get to use it. One of the more comfortable beds i have slept in. This property is designed for longer term guests and felt suited for the purpose. Good hot breakfast in the morning. Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us - even if it was for only one night. We are definitely equipped to host longer term Guests, however, we have many people that stay with us for just one or two nights because they enjoy the extra space they get vs. a standard hotel room. I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the future and check out the new public space and lobby area that will be newly renovated in the spring!

Thank you again for your feedback and please contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I got a comfortable room on the first floor. The property is great, very clean and a very quiet neighbourhood. The breakfast included with the room is better than most other hotels that I've stayed in.

Very significantly I find that the hotel staff retention seems to be great. I recognized a couple of faces from staying there a year ago... and they're all very friendly and helpful.

The only thing that disappointed me this year: no bath tub in my room... I was told the room was renovated, didn't expect no-tub! Were they taken out? No idea.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and recognized some friendly faces. We have a wonderful staff here and many of them have been with us for several years now! I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed that you did not receive a bathtub in your suite. We took them out of the One Bedroom Suites during the renovation based on Guest feedback we received that people prefer a shower vs a tub. We do, however, still have tubs in our Trio Suites so if you would like to guarantee that you have a tub in your suite during your next visit, you may reserve a Trio Suite for this.

Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Monterey, California
Reviewed 6 January 2013

At check in, we were having a problem because they needed to charge a $200.00 deposit for the incidentals and the cost of the room on the credit card. It was over $300.00 and it had to be on one card and they wouldn't let me pay cash, which I had, unfortunately after the holidays I didn't have one card that had enough room for that charge. The lady at the desk was not being very nice or helpful with the situation. I made reservations with the hotel and they never said anything about this elevated deposit. I ended up having to put on a debit card which will take a few weeks to get credited back. This was the first time staying at this type of Hyatt, the suites are a nice value thats for sure! They are all to the exterior and there are no elevators, she put us on the 3rd floor, however one trip up the stairs and we went back down to the desk, and asked for the first floor. She did do that for us.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you do not want to walk the stairs, make sure and request first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there...Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our suites and the extra space and value you received. I apologize that we were not able to put you on a bottom floor and would recommend that if you do stay with us again, that you request a first floor when making your reservation and we will do our best to accomodate your request. I understand your concern with the amount of deposit we require at check in, however, this is our standard policy for all weekend Guests.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again soon and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2012

These suites are fantastic. I was on a business trip with my husband and baby and needed the extra space so I went with these suites. We were upgraded to a two bedroom and I couldn't have been happier. The beds were soft and comfortable. The bedrooms were a good size, both with their own bathrooms. I stayed here for one week, and we had convenient magnets to hang on the door to ask if you wanted the room freshened up, or if you wanted the maid to not visit at all. We liked this a lot, because the baby was sleeping often and we didn't want her disturbed. The location was great and within walking distance to restaurants. The breakfast buffet had hot food, including scrambled eggs and homefries. I enjoyed getting breakfast there each day, since it was part of our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank givemeahug
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Hi there...Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us. I'm so glad that it was an enjoyable time for you and your family. If you do get a chance to return in the new year - you will see some changes beginning April 1st! We are renovating our lobby/public space and will be adding an HBar as well as some outdoor soft seating with a firepit! I hope that your travels bring you back to Pleasanton so that you can enjoy our new amenities we will be offering. Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Nice is really the best word for this place. We had a beautiful suite overlooking the courtyard, nice hot breakfast every morning. The hot tub was wonderful. We made use of the BBQ one evening to do some steaks, the whole experience was really Nice.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is best
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BJ T
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful courtyard! We will be renovating the lobby in January and are adding some outdoor upgrades as well. We will be putting in another gazebo with soft seating as well as a fire pit for our Guests to enjoy. I hope that you will make it back to enjoy the new look and feel of our lobby and outdoor space next spring. Thanks again for the feedback on your stay and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything in the future.

Marlene Fahrenkrog
SF Bay area
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed just one night, but was very happy with accomodations. Location is accessible to many places in the immediate area: shopping mall, restaurants and grocery, parks. Everyone at the front desk was helpful and professional. 2 BDR unit suited our needs and we took advantage of full kitchen for dinner. Originally reserved Trio unit but only one available was on 2nd floor towards back lot. With kids, I preferred easy access to pool, so got the 2 King beds facing courtyard. Patio tables outside pool area was nice place for lunch. The hot/cold breakfast menu was decent, but the eggs were awful and pancakes a bit rubbery. There were other items that were fine and the kitchen staff was accomodating to replenishing coffee thermoses and dishes. Had a good stay here and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Marlene F, General Manager at Hyatt House Pleasanton, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your accomodations with us and that our location was convenient for you as well. I do apologize that the breakfast was not to your liking and I wanted to let you know that we will be upgrading this in the new year. We are adding a cooked to order omelette station that we are sure our Guests will enjoy. I hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us in 2013 to enjoy our newly renovated lobby as well as our new addition of the omelette station.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Marlene Fahrenkrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
#3 of 14 in Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt House Pleasanton? Share your experiences!