The Rose Hotel
Hyatt House Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
Motel 6 Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdowntown pleasantonturn down servicefrench pressmain streetboutique hotelfresh fruitlarge showercontinental breakfastspiral staircasehotel experiencescovered parkingromantic weekendwine countryevery amenitymini barbeautiful hotelrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed at The Rose Hotel for several days while in Pleasanton. We were there to look for an apartment for my daughter who will be starting a job in June in the Pleasanton area. We arrived very late but were greeted warmly with a speedy check-in and a quick reminder about their breakfast served in the lobby in the morning.
Our room was a double and it was huge! The beds were very comfortable: not too hard and not too soft. The linens on the beds felt wonderful after a long flight from the east coast. The bathroom is also huge and well appointed with nice toiletries, towels, and a hair dryer.
The next morning we helped ourselves to a spectacular breakfast buffet that featured fresh fruit, pastries, smoked, chilled salmon, assorted breakfast cereals and yogurts, and also juices, teas, and coffees. It was delicious and the eating area was very pleasant with some tables and chairs, as well as some couches and chairs set up around the lobby.
When we returned from apartment hunting in the late afternoon, the same area that had been used as breakfast was now set up as a bar and we had a few drinks and really enjoyed learning more about the area from the bartender.
The Rose Hotel is a very small, nice hotel situated right in downtown Pleasanton. There are many shops, boutiques, and interesting restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay there again, especially when I return to visit my daughter after she has moved!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Rose several times and it is a beautiful hotel. In November 2010, we had planned another stay and I changed our reservations, which caused me to forget our actual arrival date. I called to cancel our reservation thinking I was two days before the check-in room date. I was wrong and made the cancelation call one day before our arrival date. While I take full responsibility, I was very surprised that the Management at the Rose hotel did not offer to work with us as to being charged the penalty of one night stay, which was $282.82. Management’s remark over the phone was “it’s a business and the policy in 48 hours cancellation”. Ok, I get it and I understand the written policy, but I do not under the Rose business practices. I have traveled the world and have stay at many Hotels more than once. Repeat customers are the core to any business. We were repeat customers at the Rose and had planned to stay at this property when visiting family in Pleasanton. I was frustrated with the Rose management for not taking into account that we are repeat customers. It appears the Rose Hotel is only interested in profits and not customer service. Since nothing was offered to help us with the one night penalty charge and of the rude behavior of Rose’s Management, we will never stay at this property again and will not recommend this property to business associates, friends and family. We will stay at another Hotel in Pleasanton where the management respects repeat customers and understands the fundamentals in basic business practices where it’s extremely important to retain satisfied repeat customers.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Allen5000
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We've stayed at the Rose several times but each time I can only think, it's the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in. The hotel and rooms are immaculately clean and well organized. It seems the management has been making lists of what a traveler might need, because it's all right there, from the fruit bowls in the hall, free for the taking to the Swiss chocolate on the pillow at night, the slippers by the bed to the free wifi (I so hate paying extra for wifi when I stay in a nice hotel). Breakfast is fresh and healthy. The coffee is exceptional. Free attached indoor parking. The staff are all extremely friendly. We always look forward to staying at The Rose.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We love this hotel! Our first stay was five or six years ago and we have been coming back at least twice a year ever since for our "getaway weekends". Why do we return? Let me count the ways......sumptuous rooms, wonderful beds with high-end linens, mattresses and pillows.. chocolates..spiral notebooks...bottled water...fresh flowers...thick towels...jacuzzi tubs...large marble bathrooms with large showers and great shower heads.....large pours at the bar...fresh fruits/bagels/lox for breakfasts..attentive staff and last but not least, a wonderful General Manager who really knows how to treat her guests!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margie313
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I am an SPG member and looked at the two hotels in the area to stay. The were less than stellar so we decided to look for more of a quaint b & b type.

This hotel exceeded expectations. Now, mind you, we stayed in the biggest suite in the hotel at over $500 per night but they gave us a bit of a break because we just walked in.

I dont think I have ever felt more luxurious. The suite was three rooms, the breakfast was excellent, there was a french press coffee maker in the room and the soaking bath tub was luxurious as well. The door opened with an actual key.

It was grand and they have rooms at around the mid 200s that are just as luxurious. Great place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family