“mc2 "one of the best hotels we have stayed in"”
Review of The Rose Hotel

The Rose Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in these hotel for a night to attend the Vigonians affair. We were so impressed with the rooms and the amenities especially the cookies, coffe and tea, and chocolates all over the lobby. Breakfast was also wonderful.
Even my husband who was very skeptical of the reviews he read was impressed.
We will definitely stay longer next time around.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Glad that you enjoyed the lobby treats!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Lovely hotel caked in marble and luxurious décor. I stayed for 2 nightspot business.

Pro's
- Large rooms
- Superb bathrooms
- Continental breakfast included
- Good parking
- well located in town

Con's
-Bar and food options could be a bit better

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Maybe in the Bay Area...

Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a cool little town. We really enjoyed staying here, we were a little bit skeptical about the prices but the reviews on the web were very positive so we decided to give it a shot. The atmosphere is great and the staff is extremely friendly. Downtown Pleasanton is a really cool little town, filled with shops and some nice restaurants. I wish we could of stayed there a few more nights so I could try some of the other places out, but overall we had a great time on our trip. We went wine tasting in Livermore and spent our nights usually walking downtown. If you are ever in Northern California this place is certainly worth checking out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

A concise summary of the Pleasanton experience. Thank you. Tom Walker, Mgr. M&S

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stepping into The Rose is like stepping back in time. From their beautiful antiques, to their fine wood staircase and antique rugs, no attention detail has been spared. It’s warm and welcoming. The staff is kind, cheerful and helpful. The rooms are large, comfortable and first class. The hotel is right downtown with plenty of free parking, and walking-close to many restaurants. We’ve traveled all over the world and stayed at many beautiful hotels, but this one is at the top of the list for it’s welcoming warmth and elegance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsg9064
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for the kind words...they pretty well sum up what The Rose Hotel is all about. Tom Walker, Mrg.S&M

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As I drove my now frail mom back from her doctor appointment, in a small quiet voice she says "The Rose." And I said "yes, what?" She said you know, the place we stayed, and then she smiled. I then remembered the year before, making the decision to use a ridiculous amount of airline miles, to get adjoining rooms, and bring my mom along on my trip. I was riding in the Cinderella Classic. I remember thinking 'this place better be good.' When mom got to her room she said, "wow, this is great," and it was. Owned by the famous Steve Madden of football, and his sons, no attention to detail was left behind. The decor, the linens, the hand made rugs, it was all top notch. So with the very short amount of time my mom has left on this earth, I know in her final hour, she will be in her room at The Rose Hotel. It was worth every airline mile I will ever get. I love you so much mom, and I am going to miss you.

Room Tip: Top floor, corner, adding rooms - as good as it gets.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kim S
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for sharing the moment. It adds a whole new dimension to the meaning of hospitality. Please return for next year's ride.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have a small business in downtown Pleasanton and we share clients with the Rose Hotel. I have never actually STAYED in a room here but have been in the rooms several times and have been given excellent specials for VIP clients, newlyweds and dear friends. The management at the Rose is accommodating and the service is top notch. The staff behind the desk once told me that "if it is legal and a client wants it, we'll find a way to get it"! That's pretty great service. Downtown Pleasanton is a charming destination and the Rose Hotel is by far the nicest hotel in town.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views down Main Street but all rooms are nicely appointed. There are restau...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChicoStateMom
tom w, Director of Sales at The Rose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks for the observations...the downtown Pleasanton location is popular with both leisure and business travelers...Our staff appreciates your comment on their level of service. Tom Walker

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My sister and I spent the night at the Rose Hotel in Pleasanton as part of a “sisters’ weekend away” that we combined with going to the (twice a year) Pleasanton Antique Fair on Sunday, which started right on the corner near the hotel. (I could see it from my window in the morning!) We did the “on the town” evening out package, which included a $50 local restaurant gift certificate (we ate at Nonni’s but there were several other choices), and a bottle of champagne chilled and waiting for us in the room. The room (we had two queen beds) was quite large, very light due to recessed lighting in the ceiling, HUGE bathroom with large shower and lovely Jacuzzi tub. The hotel’s location is perfect for shopping and dining in the charming downtown Pleasanton area.

The breakfast is served downstairs and included hardboiled eggs, lots of fruit (kiwi, berries, pineapple, etc.), pastries, yogurt, oatmeal, juice, sliced meats and cheese, bagels, etc. The only problem we experienced was not enough seating for breakfast at the time we ate (9:30 am) – all the tables, sofas, chairs, everything – was full. We didn’t really want to eat in our room (though were offered a tray, so that is one option) and there’s no outdoor eating area. We started upstairs and then found one table with two chairs on the balcony overlooking the front of the hotel, which was perfect once we moved the ash tray and stogie. ;-)

There’s no pool or hot tub or outdoor garden area, but the interiors are charming, the staff very helpful, and everything about our stay was perfect, once we solved the where-to-eat-breakfast problem. I should mention that I paid more than I usually pay for a hotel stay, but it was a birthday present for my sister and I really wanted the walkable location to the antique fair. If I had the budget for it, I’d stay at this hotel again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hope your idea for a "Sisters weekend away" catches on...sounds like a good time. Sorry about the shortage of table space but your ingenuity saved the day! Regards, Tom Walker