“Suprising to find such excellent food on this little main street”
Review of Forno Vecchio

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring St
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I must have passed this place 100 times and never really even noticed it. Then I heard about it and decided to give it a try. The environment instantly makes you feel like you are dinning in the old country. The service is excellent and they treat you like they truly appreciate your business. The bruschetta appetizer really was enough for my meal and the salmon panino is completely addictive.

This is now the go to place in Pleasanton. If you want a great house wine at a great price this is the place. Buying the bottle definitely will not break the bank.

2  Thank MM395

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were visiting our Daughter and son in Law in Pleasanton and they took us here for dinner. The restaurant is on Main Street and is very easy to find. There is parking about 200 feet away in one of the many parking lots in downtown Pleasanton.

They brought us homemade bread and Olive Oil with herbs for dipping. The bread was delicious and the Olive Oil dip was very good. Three of us had wine and we were served a generous portion in the Balloon style glasses. Mine was the House white and was reasonably priced ($4.50), my Daughter and Son in Law had name Cabernet($7.00) and they pronounced it very good and reasonably priced for the amount you were poured.

The food itself and the service was very good, freshly made and served hot. There are so many times when they try and bring everything out at the same time, some are hot and the others are lukewarm. I had the Lasagna and it was delicious, a little different than I am used too, as it had each end of the Lasagna noodles sticking out each end. Not only that, but they were burned from the oven and I thought they would taste that way. I was pleasantly surprised and the taste, as they did not offend, but instead had a nut like flavor. The rest was excellent and well balanced with just enough meat and delicious cheeses.

I asked everyone else how there's was and got three answers of very good to excellent. My Wife had the Chicken Alfredo and pronounced it very good. Daughter had the Fettucine Bolognese and was very pleased with the preparation and taste. Son in Law had the Chicken Parmigiana and third vote was given the thumbs up for taste and preparation.

So to wrap up, if you are in the Pleasanton area and want a good Italian Food experience, give Forno Vecchio a try.

2  Thank William_Beagen
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had not tried Forno Vecchio since they opened and heard mixed reviews. Our meal was just that-Mixed. Tried three different salads, all good. Husband had rack of lamb, the lamb very nicely prepared but the side dish was overcooked to the point he didn't eat it. Friend had philo wrapped salmon, very good. My eggplant parm was just ok and looked liked something out of a freezer box-Kind of boring. HOWEVER, our server was terrific-Augustin-and the corkage fee is very reasonable. We brought wine just purchased at the Wine Steward across the street and only were charged 10- to cork two bottles. Very nice. We saw friends who called it their favorite restaurant downtown. Maybe we better try again, this time I'll order something different.

1  Thank ChicoStateMom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Admittedly, my standards for Italian restaurants are high so I'm always reluctant to try new ones. Forno Vecchio didn't disappoint. Compared to other eateries on poplular Main St. in Pleasanton, this was incredibly reasonable -- especially the wine list! I also liked that the tables aren't crowded next to each other. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. I had the gnocchi and they were tasty and light. Friends had the halibut (perfectly cooked) and the lasagna (very good as well). We did all the courses -- soups, salads, desserts -- and they were all excellent. I would have liked to see a few more pasta choices on the menu, but very happy with the overall menu and dining experience. We'll be going back!

1  Thank cmd94583
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We've walked past Forno Vecchio a number of times and wanted to stop by for a meal (the menu looked interesting). We finally made it there for dinner on a Friday night, we were all very pleased with our meals (we had the Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto, Fettucini Bolognese and Filo Wrapped Salmon). Service was prompt and attentive and our dessert (milk chocolate pot de creme) was awesome. We didn't make reservations so I would suggest making reservations, especially on the weekends - the restaurant was full when we got there so had to sit at the bar, not a big deal, but call ahead if you don't like sitting at bars.

1  Thank aperio