“Nice place to eat after a shopping trip”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #42 of 283 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This PF Chang's is in Stoneridge mall and gets quite crowded during weekends. Be prepared to wait.

If you're familiar with PF Chang's, there's not a lot to say. Your usual cosmo/Americanized version of Chinese food with decent ambiance and good service. The food quality is usually consistent, although our last dinner left us a tad dissatisfied.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I dropped in mid-afternoon to pick up something to-go but hadn't ordered ahead of time. The woman up front took my order, but then someone else entered it into the computer -- and he asked me 2 of the same questions that the first woman had already asked, and I'd answered (brown rice or white rice? soup or salad?). A minor annoyance but should not have happened.

The side salad looked like it came from a bag at Costco and was about 1/2 cup of lettuce. The shrimp/walnut/melon was pretty good, though, so I'll give them 3 stars instead of 2.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

As a visitor from Australia, this was my first introduction to the PF Chang's experience. I must say, I was so impressed by the quick friendly service and the fresh and tasty food that I took my husband back two days later. The manager, finding out that I was a first-time diner, came over to welcome me, asked me to participate in a survey about the restaurant and gave me a $10 voucher for my next visit. It is clear that they do care about ensuring an enjoyable experience for their diners.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This used to be one of my favorite places to eat. But they have changed the whole menu and even items of old have different ingredients and taste. The one we went to today at Stoneridge mall in Pleasanton, Ca had terrible service. Indifferent and rude manager. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I just recently found out that I can't have gluten, so I am very new to eating gluten-free. This is especially difficult when travelling, since many restaurants do not offer much in the way of gluten-free options.
I was very pleased to see that P.F. Chang's had a half-page of gluten-free options inside their regular menu. The servers were great about it as well. As soon as we ordered anything GF, they made sure we knew the soy sauce on the table had gluten and they brought GF soy sauce out in different colored containers. The GF meals are served on different plates, so it is easy to tell which dishes are GF.
Since many of their dishes are naturally GF, and some only need minor changes, such as substituting GF soy sauce, the GF meals taste just like their regular counterparts.
There were appetizers, soup, entrees, and even dessert on the GF menu.

Oh - my picky-eater son also liked the kids' fried rice which comes without the veggies in it.

Overall, we were very pleased. We even went back a second time during our week-long visit to the area. I will be visiting the location near my house more often now that I know that I can get a nice variety of GF options.