“Cajun style seafood comes to Pleasanton!”
Review of Voodoo Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Voodoo Kitchen
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Our family has eaten dinner twice at Voodoo Kitchen and enjoyed it both times. We are not very experienced with Cajun/Creole cuisine, but we love seafood and spice. The first time I had the Shrimp Po-boy and was surprised how light the batter was and how much flavor there was to the shrimp. Their homemade tartar sauce complimented it perfectly. One college age son had the Po-boy and like it as well, so much that he was mad that on our next visit we didn't call him to join us (oops). The other college age son had the BBQ Shrimp in their 'Voodoo Sauce'...sweet, mildly spicy, very intriguing sauce. My quest is to figure out exactly what is in it! Their Voodoo fries definitely had a kick.
On my second visit I had the Shrimp Boil, ordered spicy and shamelessly dived right in. I could have withstood it a bit hotter, then again I put hot sauce of everything. I recommend it with a side of their Creole Mashed Potatoes, it went great together. My husband had their The only thing we could have wished for was dessert,it was one of those places where we would have definitely stayed to try. maybe some key lime pie or other creole desserts to be added in the future?
Both times we dined the service was helpful, friendly and the food arrived quick. A good new addition for Pleasanton.