“You want more SALT with that?”
Review of Buckhorn Grill

Buckhorn Grill
Ranked #47 of 283 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This review is based on "take out" orders, not in the restaurant. I have no idea about the service or the cleanliness of the restaurant since I have not been in the restaurant. My wife went there 3 times to get take-out orders to bring home.

I had two different dishes from there during three meals over the last month and all were very salty. On this third and last try, I asked the wife never to go there again. Clearly the first two times was not accidental over-salting. The tri-tip steak was so salty I could only eat about half of it and gave the remainder to the dog. Last night my stomach was hurting as a result and I sure needed to drink a lot of water during the night as I woke up.

The cook obviously doesn't care much about lowering your blood pressure and dips everything in far too much salt for my liking.

When I came here to post a review, I was actually surprised to see some decent reviews. This is not the place for me.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We ordered a Roadhouse salad and a Roadhouse tri tip sandwich and split it...the salad was HUGE!!! Piled high with goodness...I liked the honey balsamic dressing very much.

The sandwich meat was very good, a B+ on tenderness. Not filet mignon type tender... but very good....very little fat.

We both thought the portions were very generous...the entree size salad and the 6 ounce sandwich were $19.60 with tax...and we forgot to order the fries, but they were not needed!

I didn't care for the ordering at the counter and going back to get the food, but it is that kind of restaurant...not a fast food, but I noticed a lot of business people were there. It is that kind of place...quick after shopping or quick during lunch.

The food is good...and worth the trip. The other food I saw when I looked at other orders looked delicious...and again huge!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stumbled across this place when going into the Mall. The smell was fabulous so we followed the lovely aroma in the door. My chicken and avocado salad was huge. More than enough for lunch.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I would say the food is very tasteful. The servings are a little bit small to the money and it would be nice to not have to wait as long to get the food. The portobello sandwitch was very good and the Tri Tip was good but small.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The salad is the best, try it and you will see what I mean. The flavor is great and I get the salad dressing with my Tri-tip. You can get it if you ask, even though the dressing is from a meal size salad.