“A great pizza joint!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gay 90's Pizza Co
Ranked #2 of 267 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“A great pizza joint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I've had several meals here and enjoyed every one. The staff are sensational, attentive and busy! This time I had a Franks Special pizza which was delicious and it was washed down with a Fat Tire beer - a great combo!

Look out for the ghost that frequents the building.

Visited January 2014

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good pizza, rude service. Bring a thick sweater.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've just left the Gay 90's Pizza Co a few hours ago and something must have gone terribly wrong this evening.

Being "ignorants" from Europe, we expected to be seated somewhere but our waitress insisted that we picked our seats even though the place was nearly empty, we had never been there before, we had absolutely no preferences and we had no idea that we were supposed to know the master plan for the restaurant. Not a good start.

Anyway, we chose a table close to the exit and ordered drinks and food. So far so good. They got our 2 pizza orders all right. However, my order for Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken (a la carte, not whole meal) was delivered as a bowl of fettuccine soaked in thick warm cream and garlic, no chicken, but accompanied by 2 huge lumps of garlic bread that had not been on the menu.

Having finished half of the dish I felt stuffed because of all the grease and I left the plate unfinished. When the waitress asked if I wanted the rest in a box, I politely declined and she told me to finish the plate - I told her I couldn't and she just left and demonstratively didn't remove my plate when she came back to remove the rest of our leftovers.

After we had paid, she appeared once more with a giant bowl of hot apple pie and ice cream for me. When I asked why, she replied that I had ordered a complete meal, not a la carte, and then left again. There I sat with a plate of cold, gross cream with pasta pieces floating around + a dessert that I couldn't possibly eat. So I decided just to leave the place.

None of the strange things that she served to me was on the bill, except for the grease bowl that they call Fettuccine Alfredo. So I can't complain about the bill, but the service was far out. That is really a darn shame, because the place seemed to be/could have been really cool, lots of interesting stuff decorating the room, clean toilet, a jukebox that actually worked and nice food (if you skip the pasta).

I don't know what her problem was, but as a paying customer - and I was the one who really had to convince my husband and my teenage son that we were going in there in the first place - I feel like a big fool to go there at all.

And as far as I recall, making people feel like fools is neither American spirit nor good business practice.

Ohh yes, I forgot: The AC was turned on and it definitely worked. It was too cold to let go of the jacket while eating.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank EsterGC
Tracy, California
“1st time visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

ordered the medium combo style, came out hot and tasty, we love to explore pizza joints and would say this is one of the better ones in the Tri Valley area.

Visited August 2013
Pleasanton, California
“Best Pizza on Planet Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I have been going here for 50+ years. It looks just the same and the only things I've noticed changing on the menu are the prices. I give this the check mark for one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant because it is absolutely the best pizza I've ever had.

It's not fast food, so relax and read the newspapers on the wall. Some have been hanging there since before you were born. Heck, so have been there since before I was born. The place has has multiple owners but the food and ambiance are constant. Order their blue cheese dressing on your salad. They make it. Watch for the ghost.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Clint L
Modesto, California
“Heavenly Pizza and Ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Omg! The Pizza here is sooo delicious! My family and I ordered a veggie pizza with thick crust and you could add any kind of additional toppings for free! We were shocked at the size of the pizza when the waitress came to our table, it was by far the hugest pizza I have ever seen!!! My family and I couldn't stop laughing at our colossal sized pizza was lol! Their pizza bread tastes like buttery french bread, we loved it! It's a nice restaurant at the heart of downtown Pleasanton. They have a neat looking deck outside to enjoy your food while being surrounded by lovely nature :) We will definitely be coming back here again :)

• Visited May 2013