“Mangia Mangia!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We've been to Mangia Mi in Danville, CA, and were excited to see one open in downtown Pleasanton. Menu offers some unique Italian fare. The Carbonara was tasty, but the Gnocchi Gorgonzola was oversauced. There is outdoor dining, but need to add some umbrellas or greenery to make it less exposed and a bit more intimate, Their service isn't up to speed yet, our server wasn't well versed in the menu items, nor even how to pronounce them. Give them a try in a few weeks so they have a chance to get things running a bit more smoothly.

There are newer reviews for Mangia-Mi

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Mangia Mi is the newest restaurant to open in town. We were anxious to try it hoping for something different and delicious. Our party of four had different opinions about the food but all agreed that the noise is untenable. We were seated in the back room which has no sound deadening fabric or artwork on painted brick/cement walls. Stark and boring. We had to yell at each other to talk. The atmosphere in this room must be improved to get us to come back, although they just added outdoor seating which could be a much better option. Our food servers were timely, cheerful and efficient...the busboy even brought my husband a bandaid he needed! But the food was uneven...my friend ordered the pasta with clam sauce and could barely eat it...it had some strange sort of bitter acid infusion in the noodle itself and the clams were tough. My combo pizza was pretty good, but my tiny gorgonzola house salad had barely a teaspoon of whipped, flavorless gorgonzola dressing. I asked for more dressing but it didn't help. My friend also found her Caesar salad lacking in flavor. My husband asked for a twist on spaghetti and meatballs and he was very satisfied with the fresh homemade noodles and meatball flavors. One of our party had the lasagna and was happy although the ladies thought it needed some texture and tasted like American not Italian lasagna. Big negatives: ambiance and uneven menu. Pros: good waitstaff and bruschetta appetizer. This restaurant needs a lot more polishing and a better chef to be considered ready for a second visit.