“Pretty much fast food BBQ”
Review of Red Smoke Grill

Red Smoke Grill
Ranked #94 of 276 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Ok, I stopped in and read reviews cause I love good BBQ. Now great BBQ IS Franklins I'm Austin and really good ribs (almost great) is R V in Memphis. Based on that scale I have to call this Avg. at best. The Ribs are tender but a bit dry and absent flavor with No smokey tones, and the brisket is pretty much the same so "if" your in a hurry and can live with just OK, then stop in. Prices are about what you would expect but it really reminds me of a fast food experience. It's simply not real quality BBQ.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was expecting more from this restaurant based on its lofty reviews on Tripadvisor. In fact, this place appears to be more of a carry out than a sit down eatery. It is surprisingly small with a few wobbly outside tables and inside seating. My guest had the tri-tip sandwich and raved about it. I had the same and found it lacking. Plenty of meat stuffed in a oversized roll. The meat was fairly good but had a strong vinegary taste to it. Have had much better BBQ thoughout the southern states. May need to get used to this California style of cooking.
Mm

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is how small family restaurant is supposed to be. There is a lot of attention to all details. The food is great, the recopies are fine tuned and not sacrificed to make it easier for a large chain to replicate, you get all personal attention you can ask for. I don't eat red meat, but their tortilla soup is great, as well as their chicken. Actually, everything I've tried so far was great. And they serve really good take outs and family meals.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had the brisket and tri-tip combo with cole slaw and topped it all off with an incredibly moist, chewy CCC! The brisket was very tender and not dry at all. It had a great smoky flavor. The tri-tip was a little on the dry side. I like my tri-tip medium rare and this was more like well done. It also had a great taste but was overshadowed by the lack of moisture.
The cole slaw had a slight tangy taste to it which was a pleasant surprise.

The service was fast and friendly. If you want good BBQ at a reasonable price, the Red Smoke Grill is the place to go.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The friendly family behind this has a great menu down that they are stickin to. I have not made it past the tri tip & blue b/c it is always perfect and always filling. The garlic mash potatoes are perfect everytime and I always leave happy, full, and ready to come back the next day!