“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Munich, Germany
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Monster tasty cheese steak, 10" stuffed with peppers... with a side and a drink for $9.10. Just like in Philly. Recommended.

Visited July 2012

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“King of Philly is great”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have been here before & I have gone back each time I am in Pleasanton. What can I say? I like it here. The King of Philly with sweet peppers & onions is great. The onion rings are great too. The only thing that could improve this would be the addition of fresh brewed iced tea instead of the soda fountain variety.

• Visited February 2012
San Francisco, California
“Not A True Philadelphia Cheese Steak”
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I spent my college years in Philadelphia and have had a great opportunity to sample Philly's finest. I was so excited to see that there is a Cheese Steak shop in Pleasanton, as there are very few places to get a true cheese steak. They've done a good job making sure to have Tasty Kakes and Amoroso rolls, but that's about it.

My wife and I split a cheese steak and some fries. First, the cheese steak tasted fine, but they are advertising this as a "true" Philadelphia cheese steak. Everyone who has experience a true Philadelphia chesse steaks knows that the only way to order is a whiz-with (that's a cheese steak with cheese whiz and onions for those who have never been to Philly). When I asked if they had cheese whiz, they had no idea what I was talking about. I immediately knew that I wasn't in an authentic cheese steak restaurant. Still, we went along with it anyway. You can get a cheese steak with American cheese. It was ok.

The restaurant was pretty grimy and smelled like old fryer oil. Not my best cheese steak experience. If you're looking for an awesome, authentic cheese steak in the bay area, go to Jake's Steaks in San Francisco (marina area). They're legit and exactly like a true Philly steak. They even have boathouse row painted on the wall. Classic!

Sorry Cheese Steak Shop...I tried, but you need to work harder.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's like a taste of home”
Reviewed 14 February 2008

It's like a taste of home

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook