“casual and comfortable”

Ranked #49 of 269 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Berkeley, California
“casual and comfortable”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

wonderful location in old downtown. plenty of parking in the area. indoor and outdoor seating. enjoyed the Rocket Fruit Salad that was refreshing. the Egg Bacon Salad had decent sized chunks of crisp bacon. the toasted almonds were excellent in both salads. the bacon dressing is too thick so you are unable to spread it out on your salad. the included bread is excellent but does squish down very easily. the entrees that were tasted included the Salmon Fettucine that was flavorful. The Pork Chops in my opinion were too dry. the Calamari Steak was prepared well and definitely enjoyed. The Lamb Shank is a winner. Those that included seasonal vegetables had perfectly cooked veggies. The portions of the entrees were appropriate, i.e. 2 pork chops, 2 calamari steaks. would have preferred 2 lamb shanks versus the 1 served. the chicken carbonara got a thumbs up while the diner who had the Steak Diavola preferred the beef cooked more whereas I would have preferred it more rare. the restaurant enjoys plenty of natural light. the staff is efficient and the owner can be seen assisting the staff. a great place to dine here at Fontina Ristorante; I recommend it and would return.

• Visited July 2013

Pleasanton, CA
“Great selection of good food and wine”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We've gone to this restaurant since they opened years ago. The food is always good and everyone in the family can find something that becomes their favorite. The service is great, and the wine list is good and reasonably priced.

Visited January 2013
San Ramon
“Superb dining for the totally relaxed!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

LOVELY, small, intimate ristorante in Pleasanton, California (charming community) Very quiet and tranquil, excellent cuisine with a stellar wine list of variety. Right on the main drag (Main Streeet) in this quaint little town with a variety of ecletic shops, a museum, old hotel. Founded around 1849-1850? This town has retained it's love of heritage with many restaurants similar to Fontina's - but this one Italian place IS most special...Outdoor patio dining as well...

• Visited March 2013
Pleasanton, California
“Good service, good beer, but poor food”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I can only comment on the one meal I had (vegetarian linguine), but I'm afraid to say that it fell into the category of "I could do better at home"; watery vegetables and no excitement whatsoever. On the other hand, the place had a cosy feel, friendly service, and a good local beer.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Oliver C
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“The best service ever!”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We went to Fontina last night for my birthday. I must say that Allison, the waitress was the best. She did not hurry us but was attentive. We sat out on the patio which is so nice. I did feel that the inside needed something...nice artwork maybe, can't really put a pin on it. Anyway, I ordered the Salmon Fettuccine and my husband ordered the Blackberry Salmon on Polenta. My pasta was very good and I had a taste of my husband's dish and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend the Blackberry Salmon. Again I was so pleased with the service from the waitress to the fella pouring fresh water and removing the used plates. An 18% gratuity is automatically added to the bill but because the service was so good we added an additional tip. Wonderful location.

• Visited August 2012