“Nice Staff;Downhill from there....”

Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
El Dorado Hills, California
“Nice Staff;Downhill from there....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 days on business.
The Positives: All the staff were very nice and tried to please.

The Negatives:
1) Noise
The walls are very thin. You can hear every shower being taken and toilet being flushed, The refridgerators in the room are older and noisy.Make sure to turn off the ice maker or the ice dump at 0200 is sure to wake you.
2)Smoking.
The hotel has set up a smoking area right(as in next to the doors) at the front entrance. Every time I came in and out of the hotel I had to navigate a fog of cigarette smoke. For bonus points, my room on the second floor overlooked this area, so the fumes drifted upward.
3)Cleanliness
The hotel gym is filthy. Every morning, the trash was full. Empty water bottles were left on machines. Most mornings there were no towels. The machines look like they have not been cleaned in a long time. The sheets on my bed were not changed the during the week I was there.
Twice housekeeping did not replenish the shampoo, etc. On one occasion, I came back into the room and found dirty dishes in the dishwasher. A small dumpster of trash was left in the hall outside the elevators on the main floor for over 24 hours.
4)General
The first morning there was a STRONG odor of marijuana in the hall outside our meeting room.
We moved our meeting to another location.There are not any bad areas of Pleasanton, but this hotel is located in a rather sketchy spot. The people I saw walking around(and inside) the hotel were not folks I would invite over to the house. No pool. No restaurant.

Conclusion
Close to everything, they have a laundry facilty and serve a contintental "plus"breakfast. If you can great a great deal pricewise it would probably work. But it didn't impress me at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex2006_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fairfield, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I arrived at the Larkspur Landing in Pleasanton where I realized I had made my reservation for the wrong Larkspur Landing Hotel. The manager called the other Larkspur hotel and canceled my reservation with no penalty. Pleasanton was all booked up (every hotel for 30 miles). Within 45 minutes the manager (Rolando) had worked me into their hotel and got me checked in. I was well taken care of.

Room Tip: 2nd stay here and both rooms have been good
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank coryward
san jose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Let's get the negative out of the way:
Bathroom lighting too dark, shower curtain didn't help the situation cuz that's what made it darker
Refrigerator was way too loud
Some of the furniture, specifically the desk chair looked like it was fading and ripping
Internet was slow, even when you purchase the 4mb, it's still slow. Just stick with what the hotel gives you as for username and password

Overall stay was great. Staff was helpful. Location was great. I booked this hotel for a last minute getaway for the 4th, for family. And has appointments in the city the next day so it made sense to stay close. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. The rooms were large, and surprisingly quiet. You can't hear your neighbors, except for the hallway noise, which is usually a given. I used the gym, once, it did the job it needed to do: 1 treadmill, 1 bike, 1 stair stepper, 1 multi weight machine. I especially liked the hot cookies in the afternoons.

Bottom line is this hotel is great for the price. Clean, convenient and fairly new. I recommend this place if you're on a budget but don't want a "budget" hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and i stayed at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton Fri 24th August 2012 and left Sunday 26th Aug. It was really good value for money. Large rooms, great service, location close to the freeway and yet close to shops, parks and restaurants. They also had a washing machine and drying service that was no charge by memory. They also had a great small usable kitchen in our room and the breakfast was great.
We were on a trip from Australia to USA and went to Pleasanton to see the Good Guys Hot Rod show. Amazing!
Rod

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Had a great stay at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton. The room was big, clean and cozy. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. It was a very good pick on the way to SF. Good for business trips, less for family vacation though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We came into town with no reservations for a hotel. Using our cell phones, we found the Larkspur Landing and that looked like the best option in the area. Rolando checked us in and gave us a great deal! We found a deal online and he was able to match it. He went above and beyond to meet our needs for a hotel. The staff is very friendly and we had a great experience. Its conveniently located next to the freeway. If your not a morning person but love a good breakfast, do the breakfast here. You wont be disappointed. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and business friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have to say that my stay at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton has been the best experience that I have ever had at a hotel, and this is saying a lot because I'm a travel nurse so I'm in and out of a lot of hotels during the year. The staff was so considerate and nice and I'm talking from management on down. Everyone seems to really enjoy their job there, and they really make you feel at home. If you are gonna be in the Bay for any reason, this is the place you want to stay...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business