Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
  • Pool
  • Pool
Hyatt House Pleasanton(Pleasanton)
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtfront deskcookiesfeather pillowscleaning ladiesbasic needsflat panel tvseparate bedroomqueen bedsuite hotelraider gamehigh tech companiesburner stovegym roomhot itemssmall kitchenbart station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have had several unpleasant experiences in this property. (a) Housekeeping is more of a misnomer - in my stay there have been many times I have had to actually SEEK for housekeeping to be done rather than it happening by default... and even the days when it happened, many days I have seen that the same wet towels that are kept in the sofa or chair etc., are simply folded and kept back in the bathroom. this happened 3 times and I have to seek new dry ones. (b) shuttle service is very undependable. in the few times I have used it, I have almost always had issues... one time I had to wait in the hot sun for ONE hour and another time for 35 mnts and yet another time for 15 mnts and so on.....and no one even calls you to tell there is a delay etc... (c) i have had some plumbing or sanitation issues and they were not addressed when i needed it. instead I was just handled over the plunger...(d)finally I have seen few times that by the time you come down for breakfast (within published timelines) the core menu item of the day is no longer available... I did give notice to them that I am going to write a strong review in tripadvisor but no one really bothered much about it.

Room Tip: I would advise travelers to really think twice before signing up for this property
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RaviRama
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience. I am disappointed with the lack of service you experienced with us, and this is not by any means the standards that Larkspur Landing hotels are held to. In the past months, the hotel has gone under new management and ownership and these have been very positive changes for the hotel. I do hope that you would be willing to give our property another chance, and give us the opportunity to show what type of high quality service we truly strive for. Thank you for your consideration.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The rooms were not as described. An actual bed in the living room? Seriously?! No couch. No AC in the bedroom - just a noisy fan to blow air in from the living room. The AC in the living room sounds like a F-4 taking off. No fan in the bathroom.
Plus, they advertised breakfast in the morning. Hardboiled eggs and coffee isn't everyone's idea of breakfast - certainly not mine.
I won't return, that's for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jimhoerricks

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While we do have a number of various room types, and it is not acceptable that it was not clear on the room type you had reserved. We have both Studio Suites, as well as Executive Suites that have a separate bedroom area with a full living room and kitchen. I would love the opportunity to give you an experience in our Executive Suite knowing that would make you more comfortable. Regarding the breakfast items, I apologize that you were not able to experience our full continental breakfast. If you are ever in need of hotel accommodations, feel free to contact me anytime and I would be happy to take care of you. Thank you for your consideration.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Well kept, friendly hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean with all the things we needed including a fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator. The breakfast was good and the proximity to everything was fantastic. It was noisy though, walls are thin and we were right off the parking lot where a big rig was camping out and left at very early hours.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Went to spend 32 Anniversary and 1st room had air conditioner making clunking noise. Changed room and the room was dirty, chair was plethora and was peeling off. It should of been thrown is trash a long time ago. Cancelled reservation and went to another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ManzanaChulaVista
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Waited until the last moment to make a reservation (as usual) and found this gem. Ended up taking the family with me on a business trip to Pleasanton and this hotel made the stay. Even my teenage daughters loved it. I ended up switching my room once I got there to one with two beds instead of a King/Couch and they went above and beyond. This is a great place.

Room Tip: I had one on the third floor all the way at the end of the hallway, it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business