“Inconsistent”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Pleasanton, California
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We needed to stay locally overnight and chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. The staff was very nice. The outside of the hotel and the lobby were very inviting, but I felt this did not not carry over to the rooms. We had an executive suite, which had a full kitchen (probably very convenient for an extended stay). The room simply seemed a little dingy and when we went to make up the sofa bed for the children, we were directed to sheets in the closet that were simply wadded into a ball. Hard to tell if clean or not, but the staff provided new ones cheerfully. Was simply not a favorite of mine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback, we truly appreciate your taking the time. I am so sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your standards in accommodations, as we strive to ensure each guest is fully satisfied and taken care of. As you mentioned, we do truly have a fantastic and friendly staff and am sorry to hear the rooms at the property did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of researching what happened in regards to your sofa sheets, as this is by no means a standard. Each room should have a clean and folded sofa-pack in the closet and we will use your feedback to ensure this does not happen to another guest. If we can do anything to make up for your experience, I encourage you to reach me directly at anytime: lingle@larkspurhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Novato, California
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been visiting Pleasanton every weekend to see family and friends, and I was lucky to have chosen this establishment! I am consistently amazed at the level of service and the ameneties for a hotel that is generally under $100 per night. It really does look and feel more like a $150-175 per night establishment.

The staff are friendly and have gotten to know me a little since I've been coming so often to visit Pleasanton. In addition to the fully-stocked and pretty darned good free breakfast, they also have a DVD library you can rent for the stay and a very good fitness center. I have yet to try out the heated pool, but it seems very nice.

In addition, the staff are very accommodating, they have put in rooms with a view when I requested it and allowed early check-in without an issue.

I cannot recommend this location enough. Honestly, don't bother spending extra money at the "name brand" hotels in the area, this is the place you want to stay! I doubt you'll get a full-sized fridge, freezer, stove and sink to go with a wonderful room even at the Hyatt!

Give it a try, you will be as impressed as I am! This is my permanent spot in Pleasanton for sure.

Friendly staff, low cost and very nice rooms. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I would just ask for rooms on higher floors, many of the rooms have very nice views of the surroundi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We truly appreciate your taking the time to write out some of your favorite things about our hotel. Your loyalty as a repeat traveler is so greatly appreciated, and we look forward to continuing to accommodate you during your future trips to the Pleasanton area. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!
San Diego
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I didn't expect much from a hotel in Pleasanton. We picked it because of it's proximity to relatives, who we didn't really want to impose on over the Christmas holiday. It turns out, our stay at Larkspur Landing was really nice!

From the outside, the hotel looks pretty and kind of lodge-like. Inside, the lobby is very nice (and was nicely decorated for the holidays). The room was clearly on the older side, but it was sufficient. Being a suite, it was convenient to have a full sized refrigerator to put soda and water in, rather than cramming stuff into a mini-fridge.

The staff at the front desk was REALLY friendly, and greeted us happily each time we came or went. There were supposedly cookies, food, and other things down in the lobby throughout the day, but we didn't take advantage of that.

Location wise, the hotel is great. Close freeway access, good street access for getting around town, and about 2 blocks from the BART station (which makes it about 30 minutes to downtown San Francisco...that made for a nice day trip!).

We'd totally stay there again.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your making reservations and staying with us during the holidays. I am so glad to hear that our central location and access to public transporation worked out well for you during your visit. We are so lucky to have the front desk staff that we do, they truly are amazing! Please keep us in mind for future family visits, we look forward to seeing you again.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was sent here by another hotel due to overbooking (no room at the inn) - The original hotel provided a letter stating that they would pay for our rooms. We were told by the night clerk that some additional administration issues needed to be resolved, so we provided our cell phone numbers and went to a local pub to kill some time, but were never called. Went back to the property, checked in, and finally got to bed. The room was old and small, but I didn't much care at midnight.

A couple of weeks later, I was billed for the room: $228 worth. No warning, no call , no e-mail. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 2Pilgrims
Thank you for sharing your experience, and am sorry to hear that everything did not go smoothly. It is of utmost importance that we make every guest experience a perfect one!
We would love the opportunity to make it right with you, and credit back your account whatever we may owe, as well as offer a complimentary night for the additional trouble we have caused. Please feel free to contact me at anytime (925)965-1212 and it would be my pleasure to assist you.
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four (4) days and nights. My room, actually the whole facilities to be very clean, quiet, and near everything that I needed. They had good breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad to hear you had such a positive experience with us. It would be our pleasure to accomodate you again, anytime you are back in the area. Looking forward to your next visit!
Monte Nido, CA
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've enjoyed the Larkspur Landing in South San Francisco in the past. This hotel looks similar at first glance, but as you pay attention you see that this is actually just residence motel trying to look cool.

Staff was friendly enough but (complimentary) breakfast was not very good at all.

The rooms are all lit with fluorescent bulbs giving a sickly institutional feel.

Not a lot of great food choices close by.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne P
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not deliver the experience you were expecting at Larkspur Landing. All 11 of our hotels follow a very specific set of brand standards, and while each hotel does have a slightly different personal touch, I apoligyze we were not what you were expecting. We appreciate your review, and hope we can deliver a better experience if you decide to stay with us in the future.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have had several unpleasant experiences in this property. (a) Housekeeping is more of a misnomer - in my stay there have been many times I have had to actually SEEK for housekeeping to be done rather than it happening by default... and even the days when it happened, many days I have seen that the same wet towels that are kept in the sofa or chair etc., are simply folded and kept back in the bathroom. this happened 3 times and I have to seek new dry ones. (b) shuttle service is very undependable. in the few times I have used it, I have almost always had issues... one time I had to wait in the hot sun for ONE hour and another time for 35 mnts and yet another time for 15 mnts and so on.....and no one even calls you to tell there is a delay etc... (c) i have had some plumbing or sanitation issues and they were not addressed when i needed it. instead I was just handled over the plunger...(d)finally I have seen few times that by the time you come down for breakfast (within published timelines) the core menu item of the day is no longer available... I did give notice to them that I am going to write a strong review in tripadvisor but no one really bothered much about it.

Room Tip: I would advise travelers to really think twice before signing up for this property
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RaviRama
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience. I am disappointed with the lack of service you experienced with us, and this is not by any means the standards that Larkspur Landing hotels are held to. In the past months, the hotel has gone under new management and ownership and these have been very positive changes for the hotel. I do hope that you would be willing to give our property another chance, and give us the opportunity to show what type of high quality service we truly strive for. Thank you for your consideration.