“So glad we checked here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Larkspur Landing Pleasanton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
San Diego, California
“So glad we checked here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I knew we would stay in the area but did not have reservations anywhere. First checked at a hotel across the street. $200 and no breakfast. I'm traveling with teenagers, so free food is a plus! I called here, was able to get a MUCH better rate, plus a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Very spacious - a separate room for me! A DVD library for the kids, free wi-fi, cookies in the evening. Very nice, clean, friendly staff, everything I would want. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AndreaPMH
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! It is wonderful to hear you took full advantage of our great amenities, from breakfast to our complimentary DVD library! Traveling with teenagers can be demanding, and we are here to make it as seemless and comfortable as possible. We look forward to accomodating you and your family again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Corning, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days over Christmas. There were 2 rooms. The bedroom had a bed and television, while the main room contained living area, kitchen bar and kitchen complete with dishwasher and full size fridge. We chose Larkspur so that we would have an "apartment" for visiting friends over the holidays. The place is big enough to have guests visit, and the furniture is nice, the rooms are clean. The bed was comfortable. There was no outside noise to keep me awake. The price was VERY reasonable. We actually paid less than where we usually stay, and this place was as nice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katherina59
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic comments on Trip Advisor! We certainly appreciate the feedback and the kind words about our hotel. We absolutely strive to offer the best customer service, clean rooms, and relaxing atmosphere for our guests and I am so happy to hear you had that experience. We look forward to accommodating you again, on your next visit to Pleasanton.
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We needed to stay locally overnight and chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. The staff was very nice. The outside of the hotel and the lobby were very inviting, but I felt this did not not carry over to the rooms. We had an executive suite, which had a full kitchen (probably very convenient for an extended stay). The room simply seemed a little dingy and when we went to make up the sofa bed for the children, we were directed to sheets in the closet that were simply wadded into a ball. Hard to tell if clean or not, but the staff provided new ones cheerfully. Was simply not a favorite of mine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback, we truly appreciate your taking the time. I am so sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your standards in accommodations, as we strive to ensure each guest is fully satisfied and taken care of. As you mentioned, we do truly have a fantastic and friendly staff and am sorry to hear the rooms at the property did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of researching what happened in regards to your sofa sheets, as this is by no means a standard. Each room should have a clean and folded sofa-pack in the closet and we will use your feedback to ensure this does not happen to another guest. If we can do anything to make up for your experience, I encourage you to reach me directly at anytime: lingle@larkspurhotels.com
Novato, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been visiting Pleasanton every weekend to see family and friends, and I was lucky to have chosen this establishment! I am consistently amazed at the level of service and the ameneties for a hotel that is generally under $100 per night. It really does look and feel more like a $150-175 per night establishment.

The staff are friendly and have gotten to know me a little since I've been coming so often to visit Pleasanton. In addition to the fully-stocked and pretty darned good free breakfast, they also have a DVD library you can rent for the stay and a very good fitness center. I have yet to try out the heated pool, but it seems very nice.

In addition, the staff are very accommodating, they have put in rooms with a view when I requested it and allowed early check-in without an issue.

I cannot recommend this location enough. Honestly, don't bother spending extra money at the "name brand" hotels in the area, this is the place you want to stay! I doubt you'll get a full-sized fridge, freezer, stove and sink to go with a wonderful room even at the Hyatt!

Give it a try, you will be as impressed as I am! This is my permanent spot in Pleasanton for sure.

Friendly staff, low cost and very nice rooms. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I would just ask for rooms on higher floors, many of the rooms have very nice views of the surroundi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We truly appreciate your taking the time to write out some of your favorite things about our hotel. Your loyalty as a repeat traveler is so greatly appreciated, and we look forward to continuing to accommodate you during your future trips to the Pleasanton area. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I didn't expect much from a hotel in Pleasanton. We picked it because of it's proximity to relatives, who we didn't really want to impose on over the Christmas holiday. It turns out, our stay at Larkspur Landing was really nice!

From the outside, the hotel looks pretty and kind of lodge-like. Inside, the lobby is very nice (and was nicely decorated for the holidays). The room was clearly on the older side, but it was sufficient. Being a suite, it was convenient to have a full sized refrigerator to put soda and water in, rather than cramming stuff into a mini-fridge.

The staff at the front desk was REALLY friendly, and greeted us happily each time we came or went. There were supposedly cookies, food, and other things down in the lobby throughout the day, but we didn't take advantage of that.

Location wise, the hotel is great. Close freeway access, good street access for getting around town, and about 2 blocks from the BART station (which makes it about 30 minutes to downtown San Francisco...that made for a nice day trip!).

We'd totally stay there again.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your making reservations and staying with us during the holidays. I am so glad to hear that our central location and access to public transporation worked out well for you during your visit. We are so lucky to have the front desk staff that we do, they truly are amazing! Please keep us in mind for future family visits, we look forward to seeing you again.
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was sent here by another hotel due to overbooking (no room at the inn) - The original hotel provided a letter stating that they would pay for our rooms. We were told by the night clerk that some additional administration issues needed to be resolved, so we provided our cell phone numbers and went to a local pub to kill some time, but were never called. Went back to the property, checked in, and finally got to bed. The room was old and small, but I didn't much care at midnight.

A couple of weeks later, I was billed for the room: $228 worth. No warning, no call , no e-mail. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2Pilgrims
Thank you for sharing your experience, and am sorry to hear that everything did not go smoothly. It is of utmost importance that we make every guest experience a perfect one!
We would love the opportunity to make it right with you, and credit back your account whatever we may owe, as well as offer a complimentary night for the additional trouble we have caused. Please feel free to contact me at anytime (925)965-1212 and it would be my pleasure to assist you.
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four (4) days and nights. My room, actually the whole facilities to be very clean, quiet, and near everything that I needed. They had good breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad to hear you had such a positive experience with us. It would be our pleasure to accomodate you again, anytime you are back in the area. Looking forward to your next visit!