“Basic business traveler hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Have been staying here for a business project. It's pretty basic hotel, clean and comfortable. It's convenient to many East Bay companies located in San Ramon and east silicon valley. It's away from the highway so very little traffic noise which is important for business travelers.

Rooms are basic, and could benefit from some better, warmer lighting instead of bright flourescent bulbs.

Faz hotel is decent and convenient but there are lots of other options around town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I want to start this review by saying that I have always enjoyed the Sheraton brand hotels and up until this point have never had anything bad to say.

We recently sold our house and were looking for a place to stay while we finished escrow at our new house. We booked the hotel for 2 consecutive weeks because we frequent FAZ restaurant for their happy hour which is awesome I might add. First night in the 200 block we found blood on the pillows and sheets. We promptly asked for another room, but we were told they didn't have any other rooms available and they would refund our money if we wanted to check out. At that point we had no choice. My house was sold and we needed someplace to sleep for the night. The next day the manager did contact us and was nice enough to move us to another room. We stayed in that room for a week. The interior is dated, but the room was fairly clean. The problem came during check out. The room rate noted free breakfast. So every morning I would grab a bagel on my way to get to work. My wife would stay and have a full breakfast. At the end of the week one of the waiters asked me where my voucher for breakfast was? I told him that we didn't receive any vouchers. I had to go to the front desk (making me late for work) and ask them for the breakfast vouchers. They told me it was an oversight and they promptly gave me breakfast vouchers for one person. I told them I needed vouchers for 2 people. They then explained that with my room rate I only was eligible for breakfast for one, but they were going to cut me a deal and only charge $10/ day for the extra breakfast. That is the most expensive bagel ever. I paid the bill and checked out. When we showed up for the second week we met some friends at FAZ had dinner and were ready to check in around 6:30pm. The receptionist told me that I did not have reservations and that they were full and I would have to find another place to stay. She had forgotten that I made the reservation with her in the first place. She apologized and tried to find another hotel to stay in. All the hotels were full. After pleading my case and begging because we were homeless she found a way we could stay for 2 nights (Of course at a premium price), but then we were on our own. They put us in 400 block which smelled the minute we walked in the door. The rooms were dirty and the tub was clogged. They never fixed the tub even though I called multiple times in the 48 hour period. I don’t know how to explain the smell of those rooms. It is kind of like old cigarette smell with sewer. I was driving to work the last day we stayed and noticed the smell was so bad that my clothes started smelling like the room. We checked out after the second day never to return. So to summary. The hotel grounds are beautiful the pool and hot tube are very nice. The workout room adequate. The hotel rooms vary depending on what block you get. The hotel as a whole would need to be avoided if at all possible. Out of all of the Sheraton/Starwood resorts I have stayed this is the worst. There are better alternatives in the Pleasanton area.

Room Tip: Avoid the 400-500 Block rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rubhed
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

I'm so sorry to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay with us - I want to make sure that I have an opportunity to speak with you directly, and I'm hoping that you'll take a moment to give me a call at the hotel at your convenience. Our goal is to offer the best accommodations in Pleasanton, and your input will help us achieve that goal. Thank you!

Karl Wells

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Quite frankly, I was surprised by the quality of this hotel. It appears to be one of those late 70's hotels - which are often run down and showing their age. This place is nice, very nice and well kept up. The grounds with the pool, spa and other common areas is emaculate. The room quality is totally outstanding - bed, desk, chair ect. Internet service is good and free - thats a pet peeve of mine.

The service was good too. I would have given this place a perfect score except for the following:
1) The bathroom has been updated except for the tub. Instead they put in a cheapo liner. Clean, but not my favorite.
2) The bar closes too early. Not much business so they close around 9:30 or 10:00.
3) Breakfast is way overpriced. My two eggs with bacon ran a whopping 15 bucks. Which is what I would have expected in a downtown hotel or a resort - not a suburban Sheraton.

Room Tip: First Floor there is no elevator
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frank H
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Our stay started well: early check-in so we could catch the shuttle to Bart for football game. Room nice, old, but in decent shape. Staff, at check-in good. BUT, on Bart back to hotel, called and was told that no one there to drive shuttle to pick us up, & taxi to hotel not refundable! After much hassle, we did get a refund, but I was shocked that management didn't handle this better before it became a problem. So beware if you book the sports (football/baseball) package. We also did not get the b'fast the next day. Will go back to Oakland & Inn at Jack London Square next time! So much for paying big bucks.

Room Tip: no elevator-request ground floor if necessary
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raidercat1
Reviewed 16 December 2011

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and offered coffee, bottled water and very nice bath products. We rested well, enjoyed the nice garden area, and a delicious lunch. Ask for the waiter named Pablo as he is really good at helping with the fine menu choices.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank C J
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We like this place even though there are no elevators getting to the second floor in the buildlings. Yup, you gotta take the stairs. We like the second floor because we have had trouble before with noisy kids in the room above. Once so bad we had to check out the next day and not stay the next night. AND not much the management can do when you think about it. But the room was very clean, we got a good price as we belong to many clubs that get you good prices on rooms. This hotel is easy to find off the freeway, and once there it is on the road that leads directly to downtown! Also close to many restaurants which is convenient for those who don't know the area. There are microwaves and refrigerators in some of the rooms, just ask for one. The staff was very helpful...

Room Tip: Prefer second floor if you are physically able to take the stairs...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spark1
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Just ok. Stayed 2 nights for business in November. Slow service at breakfast both mornings. Would have stayed at courtyard next door but they were booked. rooms just average, old and not worth 149 per night IMO.

Room Tip: Inside room, close to pool
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business