“Find another Hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 18 March 2008

After reading several good reviews and looking at the website, I thought I had made a good decision choosing the Four Points Sheraton, despite my apprehension at paying such a high price. I booked the executive room and had to change rooms after finding out the internet service didn't work. The internet in the new room only worked when we called the help desk line. The bed was really comfortable, but everything else about the room was standard and not unlike much cheaper hotels I've stayed at. The free bottled water they advertise is one small bottle left in the room by housekeeping. They advertise a heated outdoor pool, but we were told immediately that the pool is not heated. The gym is the size of a small hotel room and isn't open until 6am. When we left, we asked for a bill separating the room charges from the extra charges and were given a hard time by the lady at the front desk because we had made things "harder" on her, despite the fact we were the only people at the desk at the time. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 December 2007

Priceline has gotten me some great deals over the past five years, and the Four Points in Pleasanton is definitely one of the best ever. $40 for a room that should go for $100-$200 on a weeknight is impossible to beat in the SF Bay Area. The hotel is located in a business park, but dining and shopping are close by. I-580 is a block away, and the BART station is within a mile, so this location is ideal no matter what the purpose of your visit. The rooms have been nicely updated, although judging from the paint splotches on the windows and furniture the job is apparently being done in a hurry. My room had some brand new items and a few older ones, but everything was in excellent condition. I had a flat screen TV, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, but no fridge or microwave (which I did not need anyway). The star of the show however was the king size bed, one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The big chains are all trying to out-do each other with their new luxury beds, but compared with Hilton, Hampton, Holiday Inn and Marriott, I have to declare Sheraton the winner in that department. That bed afforded me the best night's sleep I'd had in months. The hotel is located fairly close to the highway, but in my room at the rear of the property I did not hear a sound, either from the freeway or from my neighbors. All this luxury and only forty bucks a night, that's incredible. If you're planning an extended stay in the Bay Area consider this hotel. For the price of a single night at a big chain hotel in SF or San Jose, you could spend an entire week at the Four Points Sheraton. Check it out on Priceline or Expedia. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank heavybuddy
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Wow, I was upgraded to en Executive room which for free because of my Starwoods Preferred Guest program. I can say for just a regular hotel this one is really nice. I know some people have complained about noise and paper thin walls, and that is sadly true. That is what is keeping me from giving them a four star rating. But on to the good parts, the Executive room is really great for those of you that need some extra room so they don't feel confined to a small hotel room. This is no Residence Inn sized room, but it is larger than your average hotel room. I especially liked the free internet, I know some hotels charge around $10 just to get online. Even though it is a wired connection, the ethernet cable can go across the room with no problem. The working table is really nice since you can slide it around the room instead of being confined just to one area. The Executive room also came with a bar area complete with microwave and fridge, plus for those of you long term stayers. The bathroom is nothing to rave about, it is just your usual basic bathroom, shower tub, and sink. Overall great room and really clean.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oneaznriceboi
Reviewed 24 September 2007

This place is pretty nice considering the price - we paid $85/night and that included free Internet connections. There is a nice swimming pool.

The people at check-in were nice. Housekeeping wasn't particularly regular and there was a food tray in the hall that kept getting moved around for two days before it was finally picked up.

It is across the street from an In-and-Out burger which is always fun. It's about 10 minutes from cute downtown Pleasanton, and about 15 minutes from wine country in Livermore Valley (Concannon is fantastic).

The restaurant is ok but they seem to have a fly problem and the service is iffy.

But again, not bad for the location.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 4 September 2007

After reading the reviews previously posted, I thought I was making a good choice by booking Four Points. The room was quite comfortable, at first. Then we noticed the sliding glass door to the balcony was broken and wouldn't open. A critical light bulb was burned out. We could deal with that. However, the day after our arrival, we left our room at 7:00am. When we returned at 5:00pm, the room had not been cleaned. The three hotel employees at the front desk were totally indifferent when we asked what had happened, which leads me to believe it happens frequently. Housekeeping told us they would send someone from the "night staff" immediately (since the "day staff" had left for the day) to make up our room. We left the room, returned about 45 minutes later to find nothing had been done. My husband then went down to the end of the hall and told a housekeeper, who was cleaning an unoccupied room, to stop what she was doing and come and take care of our room immediately. When she arrived about 10 minutes later, we went back to the lobby to wait, at which time we decided to pack up and leave the premises before anything else happened. What was supposed to be a two night stay turned out to be cut down to one. A word of warning to future guests: I would suggest calling Housekeeping before leaving your room in the morning to make sure they know you would like your room made up sooner than later.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JNC1011
Reviewed 26 June 2007

The Four Points by Sheraton exceeded our expectations. We got a great deal on the hotel from naming our own price on priceline. The room we had was big and the bed (by Comfort bed) was wonderful and oh so comfortable! Also, we did not expect to have a big plasma tv inside the room! Other 4 to 5 star hotels don't even have plasma tvs! Our room had a balcony and I think each room has one. The balcony served great when you want to get some fresh air and just sit there while you drink hot coffee and read the newspapers! Even though the hotel's main lobby is currently being renovated (you check in a room steps down from the main lobby), but overall the grounds of the hotel was nice. I liked their pool and the fountains that add "touch" to the place.
I really enjoyed the rooms but the bathtub clogged up once or twice but not a biggie for us.. The free wireless internet, plasma tv, and the wonderful bed made us pleasantly happy!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank SanMiguelgrl
Reviewed 12 April 2007

I got a great deal on this hotel and stayed there last weekend. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The service was great, the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I only wish we had been able to stay another night! But I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple