“Great value, location & beds!”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Sonoma, California
“Great value, location & beds!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Room was very large, very clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Location was perfect (we were attending the Scottish Games). Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly - asked for brunch suggestions sent us to Nonis in downtown Pleasanton which was the perfect choice - couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just spent the Labor Day weekend at the Four Points by Sheraton in Pleasanton, CA. The purpose of my trip was to pick-up the next to last stay needed to maintain my Starwood Preferred Guest status for 2014. I live in the Bay Area and decided that it would be nice to pick-up that stay in the warm sunny Tri-valley over the holiday weekend. What I discovered could easily be a low key resort. The property is right in the middle of an office park, but once inside you'd never know. It has a typical motel layout, parking rings the complex, but even if you have an outside room the landscaping effectively hides the cars. Rooms on the inside of the complex overlook luxuriously landscaped grounds and a generously sized swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Most rooms have either patios or balconies with two chairs and a table making it convenient for relaxing outside of the room. The rooms themselves are large and have very comfortable beds. While the rooms are not posh, they are very nice. Bathrooms are clean and basic. Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner are in wall mounted dispensers. The shower gel makes plenty of lather. A bar of soap is provided at the sink as is a small tube of lotion. Towels are thin, but get you dry. You have to use room towels if you go to the pool.

The staff was warm and friendly. I had trouble with my TV, most of the channels were not coming in. The hotel maintenance professional was there in ten minutes to check out the situation and he had it fixed by the time I returned from dinner. We crossed paths the next day and he made it a point to call me by name and ask how the TV was working and if I was enjoying my stay. In fact, every hotel staff member I encountered asked me if I was enjoying my stay. My answer was always emphatically "yes."

The hotel has a full-service restaurant. Being from the area I already have favorite places to eat in Pleasanton and I went to those instead. The hotel is convenient to two freeways, a large high-end shopping mall and a major big box lifestyle center featuring a 20 screen cinema with stadium seating.

Room Tip: Interior rooms have beautiful views of the pool and grounds, though the pool can be noisy until 10:0...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed 18 August 2013

we stayed for two days visiting family in the area. we have stayed before and this time used Starwood's points. it was worth it. the place is clean, the bed was great and we slept great. did not use the restaurant so I cant comment on that. only thing I will mention is the front desk girl needs to speak a bit slower. maybe I am just old but I had a hard time following her. grounds were real nice and the pool area and pool was inviting.

Room Tip: don't worry about categories such as garden view rooms they are all open to some view and the pl...
Minneapolis
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here with family in early August for a wedding a few miles away. This was the choice hotel for the wedding venue so I paid under $90 per night and I felt it was a good value, The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, grounds were pretty, pool kept warmed and staff attentive. I had a ground floor room that walked out to a patio but never felt unsafe. What else do you need?

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel is located close to a busy shopping mall and major high way exits, making it a convenient starting point to explore the silicon valley and surrounding areas. The surrounding was quiet. We stayed for 4 nights and slept in each and every day (no a easy task for a light sleeper like me). The courtyard was nicely landscaped and has a swimming pool. We did not try the pool because it was chilly when we stayed. Staff was helpful and cost was reasonably. If you need a no frill, quiet and nice pad to crash, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 2 August 2013

this hotel has exceeded all expectation! I booked because I needed a room for one night reasonably close to San Jose and I had points, I expected an off the interstate hotel, no frills especially with the Four Points brand. That isn't the case at all. Each room has a balcony or patio overlooking a very pleasant garden ringed by a pond/stream. The rooms are very clean and by the looks of it, just remodeled. I had a king bed room which is probably 450sf at least. Great staff, close to all and just a stones throw from the interstate. I highly recommend this hotel if in the Pleasanton area.

Room Tip: try downtown Pleasanton, very trendy area with lots of good eats.
1 Thank AnthonyVA
Gold Hill, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is actually in two parts, the hotel and the catering provided by Faz Catering, 7-26-13 to 7-27-13.
After a two-night stay for my niece’s wedding, I can attest to others comments on some issues. And yes folks, management is very aware of most the issues they have!
Courteous and attentive staff was responsive to all issues and requests that we brought to their attention. Front office manager Phyllis Sparks, and her staff, Diana, Rachel, Shavonna, Annie and all the rest, did an excellent job dealing with us and other guests professionally.

The lobby, very clean & modern, gives a very good first impression. After the walk to our room #601 and entering the interior hall, the heat was almost as warm as the outside temperature of 82+ degrees and had a musty odor due to the lack of ventilation. Our room was clean and a comfortable 74 degrees. No fridge or microwave but we knew that going in, a single cup coffee maker, one bottle of water was the extent of morning fare in the room, request for a couple of extra bottles was quickly met and was told that any additional bottles would cost $3.00/each. Since the water from the tap is not the best for drinking or making coffee in the morning the need for drinking water is a priority. For the price paid, I’d suggest having more bottled water in the rooms and some form of water available in the lobby for guests checking in.
The grounds were nice and relatively clean, but dealing with pepper trees throughout the property can be a daunting task! Those employees who we encountered worked very hard. But it appears for the size of the grounds, the number of staff to take care of it seems awfully small. Pool & Jacuzzi were very clean and refreshing. Thanks to Dan Deuel, Aaron and Jorge for assisting us with our particular needs. All in all the stay was comfortable and the staff did a great job to accommodate.

On to the wedding and reception…
Thanks to Candace the event coordinator and her staff with Faz Catering, the event came off great. Ceremony was set in the park like area next to the pool, gazebo on a deck, chairs arraigned (THANKS APRIL!!) for guests to see the alter area clearly. Staff once again, very accommodating when the wedding started almost an hour late. Reception was held in the banquet room above Faz Restaurant. A special thanks to Enrique Tello, our bartender, who kept the Don Julio on ice, YOU ROCK!
Service and food were good, but once again the drinking water served in pitchers with ice, sent a few guests (including myself) off to find bottled water. Would suggest perhaps adding lemon slices to make it more palatable. A great time was had by all, however the only complaint was the downstairs restaurant, bar and lobby doors were locked by 10:00PM so wedding guests who went outside, that where not staying at the hotel, had no card-key to get back inside! This created a very frustrating issue for many, including the bride & groom. Perhaps clearer communication ahead of time with the staff & those attending the event may help. (or possibly providing attendees not staying at the hotel with a limited access key?)

So, would I recommend this facility for an event or a stay? Yes, however do your best to courteously approach staff with any issues you may have and you’ll probably have a pleasant visit.
CT out...

Room Tip: While the 600 block may not have ventillated inner corridors, it is much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family