“Great place to stay...”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Kingman, Arizona
“Great place to stay...”
Reviewed 2 September 2008

We stayed at the Four Points by Sheridan for 3 nights while attending the Good Guys West Coast National Street Rod Show at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds. We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The service was excellent from the housekeeping staff to the nice people at the front desk. There was always a smile or nice hello from everyone who worked there. I enjoyed the coffee set up in the lobby every morning but would have loved to have had a roll or doughnut to go along with it. There was a place to eat on the property but we are usually in a rush in the mornings and don't have time for a large sit down breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it to anyone.
This hotel is very close to the Bart station to catch the train to San Francisco. We did that Saturday.

• Liked — Cleanliness. Great staff
  • Disliked — No breakfast included with stay.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This is an older facility that has been renovated with LCD TVs and a nicely updated lobby.

Do check your room. If you don't like it, get another one. The hotel was half full, yet my first room was in an odd corner by the ice machine and maid's closet. Go figure. The beds were fine.

The exercise room is small and tired. Bring your own headphones for the few pieces of equipment equiped with TVs otherwise you can use the communal headphones zip-tied to the equipment. The interior grounds are well kept. Some kids seemed to be enjoying the pool.

The breakfast buffet was standard fare but very tasty. The dining room is nicely decoreated, but the wait-staff seemed to ignore us. After standing for a minute, we asked a passing server if we could seat ourself.... sure we could. Later, I had to walk over to the server to request the check.

Overall a mixed by just-okay experience.

• Liked — Convenient location, cheaper than the nearby Marriott Courtyard
  • Disliked — After staying there, I understand why it's cheaper than the nearby Marriott Courtyard
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I have stayed here a few times on business trips. Hotel is clean, rooms are large and service excellent. Only thing to avoid is room service meals which are really not worth trying. Fortunately there are plenty of restaurants near by.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 June 2008

While I think this hotel is pretty average - I gave it an above average rating because I got a decent rate on the hotel's website. Paid $53 a night for the weekend (but hats off to the priceline tipster for $40!).

Negative: sound - doors are thin and plumbing next door is loud. Since I'm upstairs (yes, i'm writing this from my room), i can't speak to the noises from above - i did not hear any noise from neighboring rooms other than the plumbing - which was pretty loud, i thought. Other than the chatty people in the halls, i never heard tv's or voices next door which was good.

Luckily, after reading these reviews - I knew not to accept the initial room they offered me which was next to an entrance door - even though it was a corner room - it didn't seem any nicer than the others.

Positive: great bargain, great bed and plasma tv. free internet was nice and super easy (otherwise i wouldn't be writing this from here).

Other stuff: so, i'm guessing the difference between a 3 and 4 star hotel are things I miss here, such as: real glasses & coffee mugs, a safe inside the room, a mini-frig or mini-bar, and a newspaper on the weekends.

balconies are decent but not very private, front desk staff was fine - no check-in problems and location is average.

the grounds are very nice and the fountains are a bonus here.

room service food from faz restaurant was excellent too. not cheap, but it never is.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — thin doors and loud plumbing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank SFBayMommy
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 29 March 2008

The room was very spacious and quiet. We got a corner room so our balcony wrapped around the building. The great plasma TV that was in the room was great because we were able to hook up our PS3 to it and play games all night. The internet access was great, too, and we didn't experience any problems with it. We will stay here again the next time we go up north.

• Liked — private balcony
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed 18 March 2008

After reading several good reviews and looking at the website, I thought I had made a good decision choosing the Four Points Sheraton, despite my apprehension at paying such a high price. I booked the executive room and had to change rooms after finding out the internet service didn't work. The internet in the new room only worked when we called the help desk line. The bed was really comfortable, but everything else about the room was standard and not unlike much cheaper hotels I've stayed at. The free bottled water they advertise is one small bottle left in the room by housekeeping. They advertise a heated outdoor pool, but we were told immediately that the pool is not heated. The gym is the size of a small hotel room and isn't open until 6am. When we left, we asked for a bill separating the room charges from the extra charges and were given a hard time by the lady at the front desk because we had made things "harder" on her, despite the fact we were the only people at the desk at the time. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is not worth the money.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The front desk staff during checkout
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Pleasanton hotels

Santa Rosa CA
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Priceline has gotten me some great deals over the past five years, and the Four Points in Pleasanton is definitely one of the best ever. $40 for a room that should go for $100-$200 on a weeknight is impossible to beat in the SF Bay Area. The hotel is located in a business park, but dining and shopping are close by. I-580 is a block away, and the BART station is within a mile, so this location is ideal no matter what the purpose of your visit. The rooms have been nicely updated, although judging from the paint splotches on the windows and furniture the job is apparently being done in a hurry. My room had some brand new items and a few older ones, but everything was in excellent condition. I had a flat screen TV, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, but no fridge or microwave (which I did not need anyway). The star of the show however was the king size bed, one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The big chains are all trying to out-do each other with their new luxury beds, but compared with Hilton, Hampton, Holiday Inn and Marriott, I have to declare Sheraton the winner in that department. That bed afforded me the best night's sleep I'd had in months. The hotel is located fairly close to the highway, but in my room at the rear of the property I did not hear a sound, either from the freeway or from my neighbors. All this luxury and only forty bucks a night, that's incredible. If you're planning an extended stay in the Bay Area consider this hotel. For the price of a single night at a big chain hotel in SF or San Jose, you could spend an entire week at the Four Points Sheraton. Check it out on Priceline or Expedia. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled on business