“Good location”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed in this hotel multiple times. I've had a few different minor concerns but overall this is a nice hotel. My only real problem is when the room doors close it is very loud. I am sensitive to noise and don't sleep well so sometimes it wakes me up.

The location is great. I like the setup of the hotel and the fax restaurant is usually good. The last time I stayed in April the bartender did not see me sitting over in front of the pizza oven so I had to move after a while to get her attention. Other then that all was well!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eastonrocks
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Great bedding nice facility. Very close to freeways and business park. Excellent access to downtown Pleasanton restaurants. Quite. Pool if you have time quite bar some families but not a party hotel. Just what we wanted for a business trip

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I find that there are very few properties to stay at in Pleasanton, and as an SPG member, was told this was the best. The hotel is set up "motel" style where you have to walk up steps to enter. The room, while big, was only average to low in terms of cleaniless and amenities. The breakfast was only average to below average for a sheraton. If you have to go to pleasanton, this is not the worst place to stay, but it will not be pleasant.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank texan123Austin
Tom B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear texan123Austin, I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your recent stay. I must apologize for only making your stay with us below average. That is not what we strive for and assure you we will continue working our way to a higher goal of Guest satisfaction. We do hope to see you again soon as we think we can do better.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Last time we stayed here we had a second floor room with a balcony. This time it was a ground floor disabled room with no balcony. The contrast was stark. The noise and footsteps of the occupants of the room above us disturbed our sleep. Why do people parade around their room at 4.40 in the morning?
The basics of this hotel are still good but the noise issue is a real problem on the ground floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redhand
Tom B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Disappointed, I am grateful that you took the time to tell us about your recent stay. I apologize that the noise in the room above you kept you up. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I travel to Pleasanton on business several times a year and have stayed in most of the major brand hotels in town. This was my first stay at the Four Points and I'm pretty sure it won't be my last.

While there are parts of the rooms that need some updating, they are more than adequately appointed. My bed was super comfortable -- which in the end is probably the most important thing about the room.

I loved that there was a microwave and a fridge in the room. I loved that there was free wireless. Both of those things are not common practice at the other hotels in town that I have stayed at.

What I love the best about the Four Points, though, is that it is a good distance from the Freeway -- which means street noises won't keep you up at night. It's also two blocks from a BART stop that can take you straight into San Fran. That's convienient times ten.

What I loved the least about the Four Points was the restaurant. It was overpriced, loud and the food was mediocre.

Please note: This is a two story hotel, but there are no elevators. If you have troubles with stairs, make sure you request a room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Please note: This is a two story hotel, but there are no elevators. If you have troubles with stai...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here on business for 3 nights and found the front desk folks to be very friendly and helpful. They provided us with local area attraction information and made themselves available to address any other needs we had to enjoy comfortable stay. The room was clean and the temperature just right. The bathroom was tidy and instead of having bottles of conditioner, shampoo and conditioner on the sink top they had dispenser in the shower, which was quite a nice touch and convenient. They have a restaurant onsite but the prices were a bit too steep. There are many other dining facilities around the hotel so that was no big deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 2BMagellan
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed here for just a one night stay and to start off its in a great place right off the main road with places to eat and shop etc. not that far away. Also its a great place for anyone that is on a road trip since the freeway is about a mile away and downtown Pleasanton is only a couple of miles away too.
Upon checking in both of the employees seemed to be either in a bad mood or tired or both because it seems like neither one cared about me and my party. The person who checked me in ask: "What time are you leaving tomorrow morning" which is a very strange question to ask someone. I gave him my answer and then he said oh because the checkout is 12 noon. Also when he gave me my room key all he did was point to where my room was and nothing more. When I got to the room it had to double queens which I DID NOT book! I came back down to say this and he gave me a room with a king bed which is what I originally booked. But the whole time he just seemed like he didn't care or just seemed a little drugged or something along those lines. Finding the room was kind of difficult because at the beginning of the hallways there wasn't a listing of which way you need to go to find your room number.
After dealing with the hassle the room was a good size with a balcony which is always a nice little surprise. But what was also a surprise in a bad way is that our room faced the street but not the worst view but not the best. There was a good size table for a traveling salesperson etc. The bed was a big and very comfortable. The TV had plenty of channels to choose from and also a directory to show which channels are what. Finally when checking out the person behind the counter seemed to be just in the same mood as the other two people.
Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton is a great place to stay but the service just seem to be average to below average.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dwsaturn
Tom B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear DWSaturn: I appreciate your time and the detail that you have given us about your resent stay. Thank you for the kind comments about the accommodations. I must apologize for missing the most important of all--good service-- at check in. I have reviewed this with my team and assure you we will do better in the future. In order to improve even better it would be helpful to hear more about your stay, please feel free to email me directly so that we can take further action.
Regards