“Best Starwood hotel in the area, but you get what you pay for”

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I'm actually writing this from my room at this hotel. I'm a SPG Platinum member and log over 60 days per year with Starwood. I stay at this hotel after switching 3 rooms at the Sheraton Pleasanton, near Safeway Headquarters (moldy rooms or burning smell from the heater). The price here at the Four Points is much less (most of the time under $90) and is near an In-N-Out burger. Standard rooms, clean but watch out for the mini-fridges, they can be dirty/moldy sometime.

Stay in Building 5, it's the Starwood Preferred Guest building...it's also the closest to the lobby.

No elevators to the second floor (garden-style hotel), so make sure you ask if you have a lot of stuff or need assistance.

This is the reason it doesn't get high ratings from me. Don't they have a list of Platinum guests? Why did it take 10 mins to find a room in Building 5 and why did my keys not work? I would expect more from this hotel that gets high ratings for service. I shouldn't expect much from a place that costs half of what I paid for parking at the W Hollywood.

If you need to stay in east bay, this is all SPG has and is the best of the two Sheratons. Great for solo travelers. I may go to 4 stars if they respond to my question for SPG Platinum travelers.

thanks!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Pleasanton3, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I agree that we are the best Starwood property in Pleasanton, and I think you suggestions on room placement for our SPG guests are timely. I would like to share your feedback in our Guest Service staff meetings, so that our associates can better understand the value we place on all SPG and especially our elete status guests. Sometimes hearing directly from the guest how we can make their stay better really makes a difference. Thanks again for your comments and I hope you will again choose the "Best Starwood Property" in Pleasanton. Nancy Blong

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton

Reviewed 3 June 2010

We arrived inthe middle of the night and we were sopleased when we awoke and looked out on the beautiful gardens and pool, with our own little patio. What a pleasant place to sit and enjoy the view.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I paid for 8 adults for "mothers day" brunch. It cost $355! The "carving station" was tri-tip...TRI-TIP! ...the cheapest hunk of meat one can buy. No prime rib...no custom omelete station. breads..pastries utterly unmentionable..no sneeze guards...deserts totally cheap, small, dry ...fruit poorly presented. They added 20% gratuity for a buffet! Then taxed at 10% on top of that! No flowers on the table..no flowers for the ladies....This was one step above a rolling tomale stand. I felt like I had been burglarized when I walked out...you know..dirty, ripped off, and stupid. NEVER go to this place for mothers day!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dcINrose
Coastmorgan100, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience in our Faz Restaurant and please accept our sincere apology that your dining experience fell below your expectations. Our Faz Restaurant and Lounge also has a large, local following so we are especially grateful for your feedback and want to assure you that your concerns have been heard and addressed. Thank you again and we hope to see you back when you return to Pleasanton.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

Although the entire property is now non-smoking, one or two wings were formerly smoking and the residue still lingers. If you are sensitive to smoke, request a room in a wing that has always been non-smoking. Other than that, great value, beautiful property and location is perfect. And the on-property restaurant (Faz) has outstanding food with lots of healthy selections, soothing decor and service that's attentive without being intrusive.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CabFranc

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thanks for posting your positive feedback and advice on our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the beauty and convenience of the Four Points. And we are especially pleased to learn that, as a health-conscious traveler, you enjoyed our menu selections and found the restaurant soothing and service attentive. Many of our health minded guests also enjoy walks or runs through the adjoining business park which features exercise stations spread throughout the park. Thanks again for posting your comments.

Reviewed 17 January 2010

Stayed here last night. I can't speak to the gardens or the pool, as I didn't use them, but the room was pretty good. Check-in was fast and easy, and the free chips and salsa from the hotel restaurant were REALLY TASTY. Everything was clean, except the bathtub had 2 inches of water in it upon our arrival. Kinda gross having water backed up into your tub. I called the front desk and they got maintenance up there within a couple of minutes to fix it. I was impressed he fixed it so fast, but I was hoping they would clean the tub up a little with some bleach or something before he left, just because there was standing water in it from who knows who or how long. Ok, they fixed it, no biggie.

The bed. Wow, very firm, not my favorite by a long shot.

This last part may not be the hotels fault, but I am rating the overall experience. I was next to room 2-69, and around 12 am we started hearing our neighbors, and several of their friends a little later, doing what people do in hotels. I didn't pay to hear that kind of business, and I think really nice hotels probably have more sound insulation between walls. It wasn't paper thin, but it wasn't sound proof either.

I don't know how much of the hotel was booked, but I would have slept better without the noise.

Overall, a decent deal, nothing to get excited about, everything else was clean and orderly.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2009

My husband and i stayed here a week over christmas. The movies, phone and phone were to expensive. The hotel stujnk and there were silver fish in our bath. Iwas handycapped and they playced us as far away frrom the front as possible. both Marriotts were much better. .

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I stayed here for five nights; the accommodations were outstanding, and the staff was great. The location is convenient to the freeways, but sufficiently far away that noise is not a problem. The beds are very comfortable, and the rooms are quiet and nicely decorated. There is a beautiful courtyard in the middle of the complex. My only caution is to be sure and check the cost of telephone calls (even local calls) and laundry services before use.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo