“Good bang for your bucks”

Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel was clean, well appointed and offered a continental breakfast. Location was great. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby. Although it is situated near the highway I heard no noise! Not even any rattling of the heater/AC! The whole complex was neat and the personell, expecially Nateli, were friendly and helpful. A good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DWiedmann

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked this Best Western property at the last minute on a business trip in Pleasanton. I typically stay at another property but it was completely full. I lowered my expectations upon driving up and seeing that it was a 'motor' style inn with exterior doors instead of hallways. Then, checking in as I was given a ground level room and was expecting noise from cars pulling up and the highway. The property is tucked behind a boat/marine shop that is off of the highway. Upon opening the door I was pleasantly surprised by the updated furnishings, nice television and overall comfort. I never was bothered by any road noise at all. The internet connection was strong and I was able to get several hours of work done before heading to a tradeshow. The breakfast is nicely stocked with pleasant staff keeping it picked up and clean. I'm strangely addicted to the waffles at these breakfast places so that is always a plus for me. There is a small shopping area next door with a coffee shop and a few other places within walking distance.

I'd certainly stay here again without any hesitation. Friendly staff, good breakfast and nice rooms. It exceeded my preconceived perceptions.

Room Tip: On exterior door hotels/inns I prefer not to have a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ExpeditionMan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We found the hotel to be clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good and actually better than some other hotels where you would expect more. We really have no complaints. The fact that the hotel is within walking distance of the BART station, Hertz, and many restaurants and fast food places was a real perk for us. We could have stayed at the Livermore Best Western for a cheaper room rate but I'm so glad I chose Pleasanton Inn. Turned out to be the best experience for our needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Loretta H
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Mine was a quick trip, the first of many, to see a terminally ill relative. I needed no amenities, only an inexpensive and convenient place to sleep. I booked a ground floor room near parking. The freeway was close enough to see yet the room was very quiet. The expanded breakfast was fine. The room rate was better than the Motel 6. I will be staying here regularly. The staff were exceedingly kind to me when they learned why I'd be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've stayed here many times while on business in Pleasanton. The staff is competent, the room is comfortable, and the location convenient. Recent upgrades have cut the noise level from the freeway, which I've seen mentioned as an issue. I appreciate the comfortable beds, with adequate blankets and double-cased pillows. The décor has had a facelift, and new furnishings have a more modern look without sacrificing comfort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SoCalBagLady
Reviewed 14 April 2014

It seemed alot of the guests were headed to the Giants game in Oakland. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is good. An employee is at your service at the breakfast area. Very convenient for those attending the Giants or A's games.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a fine "motor inn" but we were a little surprised to find the rooms all have exterior doors rather than internal hallways, which is what we've come to expect from most Best Westerns. Maybe the "Plus" is an indication of that, I don't know.

That being said, the local is very convenient and the staff were nice, especially the breakfast attendant. The free breakfast is not much to shout about, but then again, it is free breakfast so no complaints.

The rooms were a little dingy and out-dated, but the room had good wi-fi and was clean. We did not have a chance to try the pool or spa. All in all, the price was right and it was very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family