“Average Hotel - Worn Furnishings and Average Breakfast”

Residence Inn Pleasanton
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip in April 2012. As a Marriott Platinum member I have come to expect a high level of service and always being given the best room a hotel has to offer. Upon check in I went to my first room where the furniture was very worn and not clean. I went back to the front desk to which they moved me from a 1 bedroom suite to a studio suite. While the studio suite was definately much cleaner the furniture was still worn and very used. The leather on the arm of the chair had definately seen its better days.

I did not find the breakfast to be very appealing and therefore elected to go elsewhere for breakfast. Having stayed at the full service Marriott in San Ramon that will definately be my pick the next time I visit the area. I would only recommend this hotel if you have a need for a lot of space, traveling with pets or looking for an average free breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ddmullis
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Mr. Mullis,

Thank you for the candid feedback you provided regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay, and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams, and are working towards improvement in our breakfast offerings and room maintenance.

We appreciate your business and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

If you've ever stayed at a Marriott RI, you know what to expect - and the Pleasanton RI delivers. Convenient to I580 & I680. You'll need a car to eat (unless you use the adjacent full-service Marriott), get a newspaper, or anything more to eat than the daily breakfast of (overpriced) snacks available in the lobby.

If you're staying for more than overnight, the kitchen is convenient. Separate bed and living spaces can avoid arguments (one can watch TV in the living room while, with the door closed, another can sleep soundly in the adjacent bedroom).

Room Tip: Standardized - it's only a matter of determining how many bedrooms you need. Parking spaces to...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Jim M,

Thank you for your comments and being our guest. I'm glad you found our location convenient to the Pleasanton area businesses and facilities. Although we don't have a restaurant on site, we are very close to several restaurants, the West Dublin Pleasanton BART station and grocery stores, all a complimentary shuttle ride away. We also offer a complimentary grocery shopping service here at Residence Inn Pleasanton, just drop off the shopping list at the front desk in the morning and we will purchase the items and deliver them to the kitchen in your suite with no additional service charge. I'm pleased you enjoyed our spacious suites with room to spread out and make yourself at home.

We hope you consider our hotel for any future visits and thank you again!

Debbie Gudmundson, General Manager Residence Inn by Marriott-Pleasanton, Ca

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We spend several nights a year on the road and Rashid Noorani and his staff are the most helpful and professional! No matter what our needs are they always exceed our expectations. I love the fact that they call us by name and ask about our families.

Tami Brown

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tami B
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Ms. Brown,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your team on your recent stay, and for your kind words regarding our staff. Our team takes pride in delivering great service to all of our guests and are thrilled to read your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Debbie Gudmundson
Residence Inn by Marriott - Pleasanton, Ca

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We spent 2 nights on a weekend here and really enjoyed our stay. At first, the desk clerk kept us waiting for about an hour to check in - because we booked the room through booking.com and he was not familiar with the process, however a fully equiped studio, with everything you need, with such an unbelievably low rate made our experience unforgettable!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Omidoo
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback and we will review our training for Booking.com reservations. We appreciate your business and are thrilled you enjoyed our spacious studio suite equipped with a kitchen and room to spread out.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Nice hotel, very good location, clean, service is good. Stayed there many times when visiting Bay Area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Pleasanton. We certainly appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back again for a future stay to enjoy our convenient location near the Stoneridge Mall, the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART train station and many other wonderful points of interest in the Pleasanton area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I rent the hotel because there is no hot water in my house. What is the point that I get a hotel room? There is no hot water in the hotel room!!!!!! I wonder why I cannot take a shower at the hotel at night time with hot water in winter. I call the front desk, but they just telling me that the water heater is working, and there is nothing else they can do. I tell them I just want to take a shower, and they say that I can take a shower, but without hot water. I cannot believe they say this!!! OMG!!! They don't even find some one to come here to check. Their attitude is so rude. Nothing you can do is not the way to solve the problem.
What should I do now? Get another hotel room? I really want to take a shower.

Room Tip: This is a perfect hotel for family or business travel. Good enviroment and quiet place. You should g...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It is extremely unfortunate that you encountered problems with your recent stay with us. We encourage our guests to share any issues during their stay, so that they may be addressed immediately. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We arrived on Thanksgiving day to be told that a "VIP" had asked for a 3pm checkout then the room had to be cleaned. So we left and came back. Our Thanksgiving dinner plans were delayed because of the late check-in. The room did not appear to be clean. Sheets were changed, but the bathrooms were not clean (urine on the toilet, soap scum everywhere, counters not wiped), and the carpet was not only very soiled, but not vacuumed. They should replace the carpet especially in the front of the living area where there is a big round brown spot on light colored carpet. Found someone's flash drive on the floor. Bedrooms are small, no place to put stuff. No luggage racks either. Toilet backed up one day. It was fixed, but the bathroom had greasy black spots where it wasn't cleaned afterwards. We originally requested a quiet room. Our room faced the freeway and although the windows are triple pane, the noise in the morning is very noticeable. Not the standards we were expecting for a Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard rather than the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank R S

Dear Guest,

We consider all of our guests VIP's!! We sincerely regret any problems you encountered during your stay. Our Housekeeping Manager has been notified of your comments so that our cleanliness standards are reemphasized with our staff. Please accept our apologies for the frustration and inconvenience you experienced. We are hopeful that you will allow us another opportunity to service your needs and meet the expectations you’ve come to enjoy from Residence Inn by Marriott. Thank you for your feedback.