“Under construction but still a good place to rest our heads”

Residence Inn Pleasanton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Granite Bay, CA
“Under construction but still a good place to rest our heads”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We went to the Pleasanton Residence Inn while attending a marching band competition. The room was well appointed with more than enough glasses, silverware, plates and small appliances. There was a welcome basket with coffee, tea, and some small snacks. That was very nice. The staff was lovely, and although they were going through some remodeling it didn't interfere with our stay at all. The breakfast was really nice, and I think this RI represents the brand well. i'd stay here again.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the sports court if you are disturbed by noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mommyclaire
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear mommyclaire,

Thank you for your kind praise of our hotel during your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed our spacious suites and kitchen amenities including the welcome kit. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast with your family. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you choose our hotel in the future should your plans bring you back to the Pleasanton area.

Residence Inn Pleasanton, Ca
d.gudmundson@pleasantonri.com email

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 March 2013

As expected at any Marriott, this Residence Inn had terrific customer service. They supplied us with an extra blanket at a moment's notice, and were quick to make sure that everything was up to satisfaction. I didn't swim in the outdoor pool because it was chilly outside, but I saw a group of people out there at night, so it must have been heated to a pretty significant temperature. No hot tub. Breakfast was good, with about the same variety as any Residence Inn/Hampton Inn. No complaints, just a happy stay. Mall is very close, so there are a number of places to eat here. The location is right off the freeway, so easy to find. Although this was a bit out of my way, I stayed here solely because of the excellent rate. It was worth it and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kelly B,
I am thrilled that you had a pleasant stay with us and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast during your trip. You may have missed it, but we do indeed have an outdoor hot tub next to our pool, which is heated and open year round. Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future if your plans bring you back to the Pleasanton area.
Residence Inn Pleasanton, Ca
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Tonight is the fifth night i stayed here. Im on business trip and the hotel given us shuttle ride to my destination. And the location is very strategic, just 10 minutes from stoneridge. The staff really helpful. Love it!

• Stayed February 2013
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear candrilee,

Thank you very much for your repeat visits and positive feedback on our hotel! We appreciate your business and I will share your praise with our team.

Best regards,

Residence Inn by Marriott-Pleasanton, Ca
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place! Comfortable beds! Upgraded decor! Mall is across street! Great restaurants within walking distance! Would stay here again! Highly recommended! Spacious rooms! Kitchen furnished. Close to several airports. Convenient parking.

• Stayed January 2013
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear MavisJarvis,

Thank you your praise and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider us again if your travel brings you back to the Pleasanton area in the future.

Debbie Gudmundson, General Manager Residence Inn Pleasanton, Ca
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I have been traveling extensively lately and have stayed in quite a few longer-stay hotels, including 4-points by Sheraton and Residence Inns elsewhere. While the rooms, seemed ok and the size of the rooms were very adequate the furniture was a bit worn and the shared areas of the hotel (i.e. the lobby and eating area) seems a bit out of sorts. They perpetually seemed dirty and unkept. I could have tolerated it, had the service been what I have come to expect from Marriott, but it was really bad....scratch that, exceptionally bad. Bad to the point where I would seriously consider even staying at a Marriott again. The Night desk manager, who looked like he had just rolled out of bed at 6pm when I arrived, was terse and even downright rude. When I questioned him about his attitude, he just about snapped and rather than upping his chance for a heart attack, I decided to keep further questions to myself. Notwithstanding the night manager experience, other staff seemed agreeable. If you stay here and check in after 6pm, be prepared to dual with an untidy manager in an untidy hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey H
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear jtcadv,
I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and I do apologize for the problems you encountered. I will share your comments with our front office and housekeeping teams to make sure they do not happen again in the future. If you have any additional details you would like to share, please contact me directly.

Residence Inn by Marriott-Pleasanton, Ca
California
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few Residence Inn's and have always had great stays. This time was not so good. The staff was very friendly & helpful, however the room was worn/dirty. The furniture is looking pretty worn and the bathtub was disgusting. There were rust stains all over the bottom of the bathtub. It is beyond me how someone could see a tub like that and not do anything to clean it before putting another guest in the room. About the only positive is it's proximity to Stoneridge mall.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank mamason
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear mamason,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased our staff provided you with good service during your time with us. I apologize that the bathtub and other furnishings were showing wear and that impacted your stay. We do have maintenance/renovation plans for our bathtubs and for some of the furniture in our suites scheduled for the first part of 2013. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future and enjoy the improvements that are coming soon to our hotel. If you have further feedback, please feel free to contact me directly.

925-227-0500 ext 535 phone
los angeles
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This is a very pleasant hotel and very clean. At first, we thought the regular Marriott was the hotel and parked there, but soon realized that we were booked into the one next door, which is owned by the same company. It has a suite-type layout so I guess people stay there for longer periods. We only stayed one night and the staff was very kind and the room was clean and comfortable. There was a little noise from the highway, but it wasn't too bad.
The kitchenette had everything one might need. The breakfast in the morning was quite crowded, so we took plates back to our room and made coffee there and it was nice.
They have a little basketball court that we saw and also we saw people barbequeing in the area for that.
It was a very good price for the area so we would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
GM_Residence_Inn, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasanton, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear hanlgt,

Thank you for your compliments and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our suites and complimentary breakfast. I will be sure to share your praise with our team here. We value you as a guest and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards,