“Stay here only if you can't get anything else!”

Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr.
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here one night because everything else around was booked. Not a good experience at all.

The rooms are stuffy and smelly. Some of the lights and appliances don't work. And in the morning we discovered that the toilet flush doesn't work either. An overflowing toilet on the day you have to check out! Tried to use the toilet in the lobby downstairs but that didn't even have toilet paper. In one word - terrible.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Meera S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Meera - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will be working closely with our maintenance engineer to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact us directly, at pls@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Not Good. Boogers wiped on the walls, crusty stains on the desk chair...(ya), and the mattress was bowed into a massive synclinorium. Free wifi is frustratingly slow but you can pay for a "faster" connection. Other than that it was ok. My advice is to choose from one of the other hotels on the block, or find a boogerless park bench to sleep on.

Room Tip: boogers in room 320
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank seanner1
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As I wasn't spending much time indoors I opted for cheap accommodation. I spent 7 nights here and must say I was happy with my stay. This hotel is clean, affordable and the staff were quite helpful and friendly. The room was tidy and the linen and everything provided in the room was fine. My experience was good and would recommend this as an option if you just need a clean place to sleep whilst traveling through.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent 8 days here. The rooms are clean and appear to have been recently painted. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is in a convenient location for business people. The free computer connection is adequate for e-mail though not for significant downloading. Many small things and one big thing were wrong. The big thing was that our room smelled musty and the reason became evident when it was flooded by a leak from another area.

The small things were prevalent in both the original room and the replacement one. The TV stand/dresser had misaligned doors in the first room and a missing drawer pull in the second. In the first room, the dishwasher was difficult to close, in the second it leaked. The windows in the second room were covered with spray residue from the sprinklers. The rooms are somewhat dark as are the hallways. The exercycle in the fitness center did not operate smoothly.

The staff is personable and handled the room flood very well. However, they seem beaten down by the niggling maintenance issues. The continual response was that management had just changed and the problems would be addressed in the future. Meanwhile, I had to perform gymnastics to close drawers in the dresser.

Had I checked TripAdvisor before I booked, I would have gone to the Hyatt House which is next door to the Extended Stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the interior have nice views. There is an outdoor pool and a BBQ area under a wist...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Julia C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. As well, I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced in regards to the flooding of your room and the maintenance issues you encountered. I will be working with our staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I love the location of this hotel, near to banks, restaurants, coffee shops and juice fountain. Walking distance to grocery store. Wonderful staff. Rooms reasonably clean but could use some maintenance. Average value for the rate.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasanton - Chabot Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. I have stayed at many, many Residence Inns - but all the Marriott and Hilton properties were booked for my last minute stay and this had vacancies. I see why. While this hotel touts that it is 'newly remodeled' - and it did have new furnishings, room fittings, etc, the lack of maintenance and housekeeping is beginning to show. Case in point, the hotel lobby is odd in that you have to push (or should I say, struggle with your suitcases - the doors are not automatic) through two single glass doors to get to the lobby - and the floor and walls of that entry were worn and dirty. I get that it has a lot of traffic - but so does every other hotel and they manage to keep their entryways clean. So, the first impression of this hotel is not good.

The room was cleaner, but the door security bolt that you flip over to ensure no one can come in was half missing. Why wouldn't they notice that, have maintenance repair it, before they rent out the room? Poor maintenance management. The rooms are starting to look worn, as well. Also, if you are expecting them to furnish shampoo/conditioner - bring your own - they don't supply it. I always bring my own, but one of my traveling companions was surprised by that. They have hair dryers, but they are the really weak ones many hotels have, unfortunately. The beds are pretty hard, not all that comfortable.

There is no night time happy hour or food, like at the Residence Inns - they had a 'grab and go' breakfast which basically consisted of coffee, packaged muffins or granola bars and packaged oatmeal. At least it was better than nothing.

They repaired the security latch before I came back the second night. Also, they do not provide maid service during your stay - unless you stay a week or longer - again unlike Residence Inns who provide daily maid service.

So, was this cheaper than a Residence Inn, you ask? To make up for the lack of quality/service? Nope. $120 a night. I paid less than that at a Residence Inn. So, this will (hopefully, if I don't have any last minute trips here again) be the last time I stay at this hotel.

The staff was very pleasant though - have to recognize them for that. And the location was very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TKD1BB
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A very nice, clean room in a good location. The front desk was helpful and polite. We got in late and all the local restaurants were closed. I was directed to the local grocery store where I got the makings of a quick meal, and my room had everything I needed to fix it, eat and relax. The perfect end to a long day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business