“La Vite”

Ranked #179 of 270 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Valley Ave.
Description: La Vite established in 1997 in Pleasanton is an elegant and artistically designed Italian restaurant with a large selection of creative dishes from southern and northern Italy. Rated A by Contra Costa Times food critic, featured in the Bay Area Back Roads and has been chosen the best Italian restaurant in Pleasanton by the readers poll of Pleasanton Weekly Newspaper for 3 consecutive years.
Pleasanton, California
“La Vite”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is my go to Italian restaurant in town----Have been here probably 50 times.

The meals are very nicely priced and include a salad or soup--nice

Have always had good meals here and you can get in w/o a reservation almost always

We usually go mid-week and like that it is very quiet unless of course you get unlucky with the party next to you

• Visited November 2013

Oregon
“Had Good Time”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

It was Sunday evening and we were getting hungry. But knowing they open at 5pm, we tried to kill sometime in downtown Pleasanton. We eventually ran out of things to do, so we drove back and arrived at La Vite at 4:50ish. Unexpectedly, we saw a couple already seated in the dining room so we walked into the restaurant. We were welcomed and seated right away. Right at 5pm, the phone started to ring for people placing to-go orders and reservations. By 6pm the restaurant was busy with couples and families and a steady stream of to-go picker-uppers.
I ordered Seafood Risotto and my husband ordered Pomodoro Basilica (with angel hair pasta). The dishes took longer than we had anticipated to arrive but to be fair, we were let in before their official start time so the kitchen staff might have been scrambling. Both dishes tasted great but both my risotto and my husband’s pasta were bit over cooked for my likeness. My husband absolutely loved his Pomodoro Basilica and I am not surprised if he orders it again next time.
We didn’t order dessert mainly because we didn’t see anything we liked in the show case. There were Red Velvet Cake, Brownies, Lemon Cake and later they added Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie. Sadly, they all looked very familiar to me; if I had to guess, they came from Costco.
We had good time and we will go back again.

• Visited November 2012
Hadera, Israel
“Just run of the mill Italian”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The menu cover claims the restaurant to be "The Best Italian Restaurant in Pleasanton." It isn;t.The decor is nice enough but the food is at best average. I had the sea bass special and it came looking as if it had been barely cooked yet when I put a fork to it it fell apart, being well overcooked. My wife's dish earned a wrinkled nose, a sure sign we would not be returning. Service was friendly but not quite organized even though it was early in the evening and the restaurant was almost empty.

• Visited June 2012