“Second Visit, Wines Improved”
Review of Andis Wines

Andis Wines
Ranked #11 of 42 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in November of 2010, Andis Wines is a modern boutique winery located in historic Amador County in the heart of California's beautiful Sierra Foothills. Our focus: seeking out the best vineyards in the Sierra Foothills to craft delicious wines with balance, character and complexity. All of our fruit is hand sorted and fermented in small lots to promote diversity of style and varietal correctness. Using both traditional and innovative winemaking approaches, Andis Wines have quickly garnered 90+ point scores in Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast, glowing reviews in print and online media, and placements in some of the finest restaurants in Northern California and Hawaii.Our building: a state-of-the-art winemaking facility built with a "green" design. The spacious tasting room offers picturesque vineyard views of surrounding Amador wine country with comfortable picnic areas to spend time with family and friends. Our contemporary design, gracious staff, and commitment to making superior wines make Andis a must-stop on your Amador wine tasting adventure. Open daily, 11am-4:30pm.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Four for tasting and we had been there before, it seems the wines were better and we all purchased something. It is a unusual very modern metal structure but staff was friendly and we were glad we stopped again. We would recommed it to our friends. If you purchase wine the tasting fee is waived.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This winery has a great sparkling wine. Start with a sampling of the whites then buy a bottle of the sparkling wine and go sit under the umbrellas and enjoy! After finishing the sparkling go back in and finish with the reds...all their wines are great!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We almost drove past this winery since we'd already been to a few others, but my husband and I were so intrigued by the building we decided to give it a shot and see what this place was all about. I am so glad we did and now we are fans of several varieties of their wine. We even joined the wine club - HA! Super friendly people and everyone was very happy!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

The builidng is very modern and unique compared to the more rustic settings in the foothill wineries. It's eco-friendly and worth a visit just to see it. The property and views are great. We had a pleasant tasting experience, and were particularly impressed with the sauvignon blanc, which was favorably rated in Wine Enthusiast.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I decided to check out Andis during this most recent trip to one of my favorite wine tasting areas. The winery was very promising, providing an excellent view and a fresh look. Andis wine was on par with wine from other wineries. Unfortunately, Andis lacked the attentive staff that continue to draw me back to other wineries.
We were served the first wine of the flight shortly after arriving... then we ceased to exist (though the winery was relatively empty. We stood there for quite a while, making eye contact and acknowledging the two staff, yet nothing. I was very surprised as most wineries that I experience in Pymouth are warm and welcoming.
I wouldn't vote this winery out completely, but it is certainly not on my current revisit list.