“Wines are very dry-pizza was soggy- This place is all show and no go.”
Review of Villa Toscano

Villa Toscano
Ranked #6 of 42 things to do in Plymouth
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Spent the day driving up the Shenandoah Road and stopped in at the Villa Toscano as we were getting hungery and the sign on the road said it has a bistro. They charge $5.00 per person for wine tasting so we paid not only the $10 but then they charge tax as well.?!.. another 80 cents. This was a first. NEVER have we ever had to pay a tax for wine tasting... NEVER in Napa, Sonoma, Livermore Valley-- anywhere. So we used our credit to buy a bottle of wine-- the only good one was a sweeter white but then they only credited us $5.00 whith the logic being one bottle for one person I guess.

Most of the wines were very dry and not to our liking but we bought one to go with the pizza we order. The Chicken pizza had little if any chicken on it and way too much cheese and was soggy. We will not be back.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Villa Toscano is supposed to be a classy winery - the grounds are beautiful and it used to be a great experience for my friends and I.

But recently the winery started charging a fee to taste their wines which I think is tacky. I believe it discourages individuals who are not members to stop going to that winery. Their wines are expensive to begin with and if a non-member wishes to purchase a bottle, it can run $20 - $30. So why charge non-members to taste? Besides how much can one person taste - maybe all together a glassful?

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I will NEVER go here again! My husband and I were devoted fans of this winery until we attended the wine tasting last Saturday. The barrel wine room associate, Andre, was the BIGGEST jerk! I've never met a "wine snob" until I met him. I paid $5 to taste their wine and was treated like a complete idiot. I am so disappointed in the customer service we received. We will put our money and loyalty elsewhere.

1  Thank laceyn r
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I really love going to Villa Toscano because it's such a beautiful place. It is always a lovely experience but, well, the wines leave a lot to be desired. They are not horrible, just not really very good. Many other wineries in the area have wines that are so much better. In this competitive arena, it is a good thing that the owners have a beautiful venue. This is the real attraction.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We have visited Villa Toscano numerous times over the years and it is always enjoyable and relaxing, epecially when the weather is nice and we can enjoy the terrace and their wine club buffet lunches. The wine club entitles you to free buffet lunches almost every weekend, plus discounts on wines (which are great) and should you prefer to order your lunch, they have excellent pizzas, salads and sandwiches in their bistro - not coincidentally, their food pairs well with their wine.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, the wine tasting is free, but you'll probably end up buying some to take home with you!

The Plymouth/Shenandoah Valley wine area is becoming more well known and new mom & pop wineries are springing up all over.

If anyone wants to have a special event (wedding, family reunion, etc) Villa Toscano has a sister winery, Bella Piazza, just about a mile away that has a separate building for weddings and catered events.