“Save your time and money!”
Review of Villa Toscano

Villa Toscano
Ranked #7 of 42 things to do in Plymouth
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful place, but after that your not missing much--excepts the your money and a bunch of rude people. They get their wine tasting fee up front, something you experience in Napa. The wines are small pours and way over priced. Do yourself a favor and go to any of the other wineries in the area. . . I love to be ignored!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Villa Toscano is located in the heart of the Amador wine country. One of the more touristy wineries in this area, it is an attractive cluster of two buildings separated by a pretty outdoor patio and garden. The patio has umbrella tables where you can enjoy some wine or lunch purchased at the on-site bistro. The bistro specialty is several varieties of pizza, large enough for two or three people, and also offers sandwiches, salads, and soft drinks. You order at the counter and take your food outside to to a table. We had the chicken toscano pizza, which we thought was delicious. The tasting room has a $5 per person fee, waived if you purchase a bottle, along with a limited selection of gift items.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Spent the day driving up the Shenandoah Road and stopped in at the Villa Toscano as we were getting hungery and the sign on the road said it has a bistro. They charge $5.00 per person for wine tasting so we paid not only the $10 but then they charge tax as well.?!.. another 80 cents. This was a first. NEVER have we ever had to pay a tax for wine tasting... NEVER in Napa, Sonoma, Livermore Valley-- anywhere. So we used our credit to buy a bottle of wine-- the only good one was a sweeter white but then they only credited us $5.00 whith the logic being one bottle for one person I guess.

Most of the wines were very dry and not to our liking but we bought one to go with the pizza we order. The Chicken pizza had little if any chicken on it and way too much cheese and was soggy. We will not be back.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Villa Toscano is supposed to be a classy winery - the grounds are beautiful and it used to be a great experience for my friends and I.

But recently the winery started charging a fee to taste their wines which I think is tacky. I believe it discourages individuals who are not members to stop going to that winery. Their wines are expensive to begin with and if a non-member wishes to purchase a bottle, it can run $20 - $30. So why charge non-members to taste? Besides how much can one person taste - maybe all together a glassful?

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I will NEVER go here again! My husband and I were devoted fans of this winery until we attended the wine tasting last Saturday. The barrel wine room associate, Andre, was the BIGGEST jerk! I've never met a "wine snob" until I met him. I paid $5 to taste their wine and was treated like a complete idiot. I am so disappointed in the customer service we received. We will put our money and loyalty elsewhere.

1  Thank laceyn r