“Sporadic service”

Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Point Arena
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Groups, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Leandro, California
“Sporadic service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Good food, great beer selection, amazing location and views of the ocean.

While the food was good, the server we had when we had lunch in the bar was, well, awful. She was distracted, inattentive and not a people person. Being a server is clearly not her calling.

By contrast, we went back with friends the next day and the owner waited on us...the service was amazing, even the others filling in toward the end of our meal were amazing. Very nice, attentive, personable.

I will go again, but I won't eat in the bar!

Visited May 2014

San Jose, California
“Great food mediocre service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

First off I really loved the food, don't get me wrong. I loved loved loved my food as did everyone at my table. That isn't enough to give it an excellent though only because the service was poor. My glass of water was empty for most of the meal and our server didn't check on us at all. I had to ask the hostess for our check. I feel we could have just got up and left. We sat out on the deck and watched birds attack the plates left by others and the wait staff hadn't cleaned up. The food is also rather pricy, more than I usually pay but it was very delicious. I had the captains platter which let me sample a few things. You get more fries than food, just a warning. There is a very nice view and they did have a musician that was going to be playing that night. No dogs.

• Visited May 2014
Sacramento, California
“Good food, nice view”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The food & service was good. The location was nice. Good place for the family to relax after a stroll along the pier.

• Visited April 2014
Cobb, California
“One bad visit out of three.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have come here a couple of times prior to today and had good food and service. Today we had the combination of an inexperienced waiter, he tried I'll give him that, and a not so good cook. The calamari was under cooked and the soup was luke warm. We'll probably go back our next visit to the area as this was hopefully a one time issue.

Visited April 2014
Chico, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Ate at the restaurant while we stayed at the Wharfmaster's Inn. The food and service were great! Not a fancy place, but nice, right on the water, and very close to the hotel. Especially enjoyed sitting out on the deck and eating on a sunny evening!

Visited April 2014