“Vegas Style Gambling and Great Chowder!”

Garcia River Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Garcia River Casino features great dining and entertainment, plus hundreds of your favorite slot machines! Take Riverside Drive in Point Arena then first left on Windy Hollow Road. Drive 1.8 Miles to the Casino.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've visited this Vegas style casino three times since camping at the KOA in nearby Manchester State Beach. Employees are friendly and there are certain slots that will provide you with decent play.

While there this Columbus Day weekend, the casino was empty but that's a good thing as well if you like to enjoy various slot machines. There was a lady that had managed to win "five" jackpots on a quarter slot (4-aces) which produced about $300 a piece; one she had hit was a $800 win. I personally won twice on the Dueces wild and managed to win a Royal Flush: How I love bringing home some casino cash!

I discovered the clam chowder to be great and the the chef salad was enough for two people to share! My spouse enjoyed the patty melt which was very enjoyable.

We really do enjoy our time at this small Indian casino and I have read various reviews on the gambling with mixed results. It's all about the gambling "strategy" that you bring to any casino.

Garcia Casino keep up the great work!

1  Thank EdUrias

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This place is a very small casino and when we were there (Tuesday afternoon) it was almost empty. It has a small grill for food.

What we found annoying was the fact that the bartender doubled as the cashier...thus, when one is ready to cash in (or get change) one has to wait for the bartender to leave his post and get to the cashier cage. In our case it was a ten-minute wait.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I don't know if Indian casino odds are regulated, but I have been here now four times since they opened and after an hour or so at the slots I have not once come out ahead. I do know when to quit when I'm ahead, even by a little, but I am always playing catch up here. Don't think I will go back! On the positive side, the atmosphere is good, the place is modern and clean, and it allows smoking, which, while I don't smoke, I actually appreciate for old times sake. There are unfortunately no table games, just a variety of slots. The food here is quintessential fast food, diner style, mostly fried.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

While visiting Point Arena, we decided to visit the Garcia River Casino. Our inn offered vouchers for free gambling money and a discount at their restaurant. It is very small (quaint), but if you enjoy slot machines, you will enjoy your visit.

It is a bit difficult to find, as you must drive quite a ways down a road from town. Upon arrival we checked in at the cashier booth and obtained our gaming cards and free player bucks. The staff was extremely pleasant and wanted to serve the customers.

We gambled for a bit, ate lunch, and returned to gambling. We only stayed about 1.5 hours, but had a great time. I will be reviewing the restaurant in another review, but highly recommend it.

If you are looking to enjoy some slots, check out this place.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Staying at Wharf Masters Inn. Review to follow. Front desk recommended for dinner. Tues is pasta nite . Ravioli alfredo with half grilled chicken breast and garlic bread comes with an amazing fresh mixed green salad. Enough food for 2 for less than a fast food place. Not easy to get to but well worth the drive. Staff friendly and helpful. Casino slots only but fun very clean. restrooms very clean. Recommend for food and fun.