I stayed at this place twice, in two different rooms, and I enjoyed each visit thoroughly! Each room I stayed at (#5 and #6) had guest books that were filled with praise, from 1998 to the present so I'm really confused at why there are only 4 reviews (some of which are lukewarm)...so, I hope my review can at least show one person's happy experiences for people who might be on the fence about this place!
Here are my impressions by topic:
1) Location: It is less than a 2 minute drive from the main town of Point Reyes station, so you can't ask for much more. I suppose if you want a water view, this would not be your place as it is tucked off the main road with a more woodsy feel. I loved the location!
2) Price: Can't be beat for the location and the niceness of the facilities.
3) Availability: It should be noted that this place lets you book on a weekend night for just one night during the summer season, which very few (if any) other B&Bs do in this location and price range - that was
essential for me each time as I only wanted to stay a night.
4) Cleanliness/general decor: Everything was clean and functional. The decorations included lots of really cool vintage items such as old wooden dressers and cool lamps. The bathrooms in both rooms were small, but we didn't mind. Room #6 is sweet because you don't have any neighbors there and so noise isn't a problem. Room #5 is great bc it has a private balcony. The bathrooms are small but functional.
5) Food: I loved the breakfast - the first time, Tom made it and the second time a woman made it. Both times, the orange juice seemed freshly squeezed, there was an egg/cheese dish that was delicious, in addition to fruit, a roll, and sausage (and coffee/tea). Breakfast is served in a beautiful living room with cool old vintage musical instruments on the walls and some antiques around to make things feel more special.
6) Misc: I loved that the keychains come with flashlights so you can find your way back to your room :-) I also like that it has free wifi! Of course, it also has amenities for horses but I can't comment on those as I don't have a horse.
Overall, it was great - the only minor problem was that in room #5 we could really hear other people coming up and down the stairs and our neighbors, but otherwise I really can't imagine a better value for your money given this location!
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Point Reyes Station
- Point Reyes Station Country Inn