We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Point Reyes Country Inn and Stables, Cottages on the Bay, Groom's Quarters
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at this place twice, in two different rooms, and I enjoyed each visit thoroughly! Each room I stayed at (#5 and #6) had guest books that were filled with praise, from 1998 to the present so I'm really confused at why there are only 4 reviews (some of which are lukewarm)...so, I hope my review can at least show one person's happy experiences for people who might be on the fence about this place!

Here are my impressions by topic:
1) Location: It is less than a 2 minute drive from the main town of Point Reyes station, so you can't ask for much more. I suppose if you want a water view, this would not be your place as it is tucked off the main road with a more woodsy feel. I loved the location!

2) Price: Can't be beat for the location and the niceness of the facilities.

3) Availability: It should be noted that this place lets you book on a weekend night for just one night during the summer season, which very few (if any) other B&Bs do in this location and price range - that was
essential for me each time as I only wanted to stay a night.

4) Cleanliness/general decor: Everything was clean and functional. The decorations included lots of really cool vintage items such as old wooden dressers and cool lamps. The bathrooms in both rooms were small, but we didn't mind. Room #6 is sweet because you don't have any neighbors there and so noise isn't a problem. Room #5 is great bc it has a private balcony. The bathrooms are small but functional.

5) Food: I loved the breakfast - the first time, Tom made it and the second time a woman made it. Both times, the orange juice seemed freshly squeezed, there was an egg/cheese dish that was delicious, in addition to fruit, a roll, and sausage (and coffee/tea). Breakfast is served in a beautiful living room with cool old vintage musical instruments on the walls and some antiques around to make things feel more special.

6) Misc: I loved that the keychains come with flashlights so you can find your way back to your room :-) I also like that it has free wifi! Of course, it also has amenities for horses but I can't comment on those as I don't have a horse.

Overall, it was great - the only minor problem was that in room #5 we could really hear other people coming up and down the stairs and our neighbors, but otherwise I really can't imagine a better value for your money given this location!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cherylmay11

Reviewed 25 August 2011

i did not stay at this hotel and will not stay in the future. one of their guests was stranded in a beach parking lot with her horse with no cell phone and no keys to the truck and in shock. she asked me to call the inn for help. we drove to the nearest signal point and i left a message on the message machine. the inn called back and told me in a most short tempered way "what do you want me to do" and their suggestion was "she needs to call the AAA". i hung up with such a poor response. the front desk or whoever is answering the phone needs to consider this alternative response: we are very sorry to hear this about our guest. thank you for calling and we will try to think of a solution to help her out.

i would not stay at such a place. it is better to be stranded in a beach parking lot with a horse, no cell phone and no keys to the car.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sushiskynyc
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Having travelled all day from England via San Francisco, we arrived at about 8.00pm. A note on the hall table gave us instructions for our room and general notes. The prescribed breakfast (no choice)was at 9.00 put at our table by a lady who may or may not have been the owner or a relative. There was no conversation/welcome/greeting and subsequent breakfasts were similar . Other guests with whom we shared tables were good fun and interesting, although not everyone may wish to breakfast with strangers.
The room was fine with a balcony with distant views. The bed was comfortable and there was no noise at night so we slept very well. The bathroom facilities were excellent with a good shower and quality toiletries. The sitting room had a bottle of port/glassesand a bowl of fruit but we were not sure if these were for guest consumption or not.
On our last morning I enquired about checkout and was told not to worry as it was all sorted (but I received no paperwork) . I asked a man in the kitchen if he was Tom (the owner) he said he was so I introduced myself as one of his guests! Odd to have someone staying in your property and not bother to say "Hi" during their 3 day stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Islandblue1946
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I agree with the reviewer who said that it's like staying at an in-laws - the rooms are small and close together, so you can hear folks in the other rooms as you might be able to in a house. It's definitely not super private. However, our room was cozy and comfortable, and I imagine this hotel is a great find for people traveling with horses. It is also a good value compared to others in the area in Pt. Reyes, Olema, and Inverness. The property is also quiet and pretty, out on the edges of the small town of Pt. Reyes Station. However, I have heard from others that there are sometimes people checking in very late who have to unload horses, which can be noisy. We did not experience that at all.

The one experience that was really poor was with the staff. I had contact with Tom, the manager, over the phone and he was great. However, the woman who was preparing breakfast in the morning was quite sour with us, and definitely made me feel like I was imposing on her time by eating the included breakfast. She kept sighing while she was serving as if she didn't want to be there, and she was also very dismissive of me when i asked what she would like me to do to check out. Maybe it was a bad day, but I felt very unwelcome in the morning.

It is also a bit strange that breakfast is not until 9am and is only at 9am. I would have much preferred a more continental breakfast with less required prep that allowed us to get a start on the day a little earlier - even grab and go out of the kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MexTraveler76
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I have stayed here twice with a group of friends and plan to go back again this year. We are horse people and there isn't a better place in California to travel with your horse. We have booked the big room above the stables each time. The horses are either stabled directly below you or in the paddock outside. Horse accomodations are safe and secure with stall/paddock combos, stalls only and larger paddocks.

The Stable Room is so much fun. There are three rooms that can house 8 people, two bathrooms, two kitchens and an area in the front room that became the bar. My first trip was a girl's weekend with the horses and we had such a nice time. The place is certainly big enough and laid out well enough that housing 8 gals was no issue.

My only complaint was that on the second night someone staying in the Inn had a noisy horse that was freaking out below us. We kindly asked them to move it to an outside paddock so we could sleep, but they refused. Eventually the horse calmed down but the lack of sleep and attitudes of the horse owner put a little damper on an otherwise perfect weekend.

With that said I will be booking again! Breakfast does not come with the price of the Stable Room...just for those staying inside the Inn. But you have TWO kitchens so it is super easy to make your own gourmet breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Sebastocole
Reviewed 23 September 2008

We've twice stayed at this B&B. It's an amazing serene setting, the rooms are simple and tasteful, breakfast was tasty and the innkeepers couldn't be friendlier.

I think I had the best nap of my life here, the beds are very comfortable with high quality sheets, feather comforters, etc. The cool air coming in through the windows and the quiet countryside led to a very relaxing and comfortable stay.

I had a slight reservation about the cleanliness, but to be honest, considering the positives, it was a minor flaw.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I don't regularly stay in B&B's, but that is the way to go in the Point Reyes vicinity. The room was clean, quiet and very spacious. The room had a very large bathroom and queen size bed. Beautiful antiques were also displayed. There is a balcony off the deck, on which you can enjoy your wine and cheese.

I was travelling solo and I found the other guests to be very friendly. We usually relayed our "day before" stories over the great breakfast.Most were repeat guests that have stayed there before. The innkeeper ,Tom , is very friendly and not intrusive at all, but if you need anything he is there to help.

If you are there to relax and tour the park , this is great place to stay. From the inn, you can take many great day trips in the park-hiking, swimming, touring, shopping etc. and yet at night it is quiet and yet close to the main attractions of Point Reyes Station, Olema, Inverness and Tomales Bay.

The natural beauty of the area is great and the mix of people touring is very eclectic- bikers, horse people, hikers, surfers, families and singles, from all over

I was very pleased with my stay and time spent at the Inn

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Ten Inverness Way
Ten Inverness Way
#3 of 10 in Inverness
Bay Hill Mansion Bed and Breakfast

Been to Point Reyes Country Inn and Stables, Cottages on the Bay, Groom's Quarters? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Point Reyes Country Inn and Stables, Cottages on the Bay, Groom's Quarters

Address: 12050 Calif. Highway One, P.O. Box 501, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956