“Excellent Food, Friendly Caretakers”
Review of Lingonberry Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Lingonberry Farm
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here in 2012 and had a lovely time. Here are a few pros and cons to help decide if it's for you:

Pros:

A very pleasant, but not too talkative couple owns the farm and let us help feed the Alpacas. They were shy, had long eyelashes and were adorable.

The rooms are big and airy with comfortable bedding and a small patio.

Cleanliness is a virtue. Guests were encouraged to remove their shoes when entering the B&B, and I was all for it. You could eat off those floors.

The number one draw for us is that this is a Swedish themed B&B and the food was really good. That means wonderful local cheese, crisp breads, and fresh fruit. On weekends you get a specially prepared breakfast with chicken sausage, Swedish pancakes and lingonberries. The food was unexpectedly good and not your usual fare.

Cons:

You can hear a pin drop in this place day or night. It was unfortunate that the room next to us was occupied by a young family with two extremely fussy toddlers. They did not want to sleep, and that meant nobody slept. Not us in the next room, not those upstairs or anywhere in the B&B.

You will not have any privacy at this location. The walls are just too thin. We are sympathetic parents ourselves, but this was our anniversary trip. We left the kids at home (or so we thought.) I would really suggest the owners discourage young children from staying here as harsh as that sounds. I'm not a snob, I just really like my privacy and sleep while I'm on vacation.

Although the beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean and spacious there were no comfortable chairs or furniture. If we wanted to hang out and read in our room, there was really no place to do so comfortably. The furniture was mostly metal I think, and did not encourage a leisurely room experience.

Cats are great at B&B's, but should be kept outside. I'm highly allergic, and do not want them anywhere inside the facility. I did have allergy issues while I was there.

All and all a lovely stay at a beautiful B&B with great food. Privacy and reading comfort were the only things that would keep me from staying again. I'm sure the owners could remedy this if they made a few small changes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank AfterDinner

Reviewed 22 August 2013

A friend and I stayed at Lingonberry Farm for a long weekend of hiking in Point Reyes. We wanted someplace quiet and a bit out of the way, that would supply us with a good breakfast since we would be carrying out lunches with us out into the world. Lingonberry farm was perfect for us. The room was quiet, bright, and very clean. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. And most importantly the bed was very comfortable. The owner was cheerful and very obliging when I called to ask about arriving well before check in time to drop off our bags since we intended to spend the full day on a hike and would rather they not stay in the car. She even brought them up to our room after she'd finished tidying it for our stay and gave us our key to carry with us so we would be all set when we got back. All in all I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again!

Also, although no one else seems to have mentioned it, there are sheep and alpaca on the farm, and a small fiber shop where you can purchase roving and yarn made from the local critters which I found a charming addition to my stay.

Room Tip: The Skane room has the balcony and the view towards the bay - other rooms open out onto the garden p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WanderingPainter
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This b&b is something straight out of Europe. It is extremely clean and well kept. Easy access to Point Reyes Station (little town), hiking trails down the road, and kayaking in Tomales Bay. The breakfast was the highlight: morning #1= egg souflet, chicken apple sausage, Swedish pancakes, fresh fruit, local jam, coffee and fresh squeezed oj.

The only downside is there is a two night stay minimum. Not cheap, but worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sunnytrails23
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The reviews are accurate - it is a pleasant setting. Be aware of a few things, however. First, if you are going on a romantic getaway, you might think twice about intimacy. The beds are noisy and squeak. Additionally, the house is otherwise very quite, which will make you feel self-conscious, especially given the thin walls. The hostess is distant and is not interested in small talk or where you are from, so don't bother preparing an introduction. She has a cat - if you have allergies, be prepared to suffer. Also, when you are ready for check-out, you must ring a bell, but be prepared to wait a while if the hostess is predisposed or does not hear it. As you wait, go grab another Swedish pancake and lather it in Nutella.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Henrik23
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Pasture and farm but modern facility. 6 minutes to Point Reyes even with traffic. Amazingly comfortable beds. No toiletries. There really are alpacas! Lovely common area overlooking gardens, meadows, sheep and horses.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Lingonberry Farm in early April. We were supposed to stay 2 nights but only stayed one--more on that later.
The good:
*The garden in front of the B&B is beautiful and the fields surrounding it are bucolic and peaceful.
*It was really clean. The floors, bathroom, etc. were spotless. Guests take their shoes off outside the front door which really helps. That said, I did see dead bugs in the overhead light in the bathroom.
*The owner gave us a map to the Point Reyes National Seashore which was really handy to have without having to go to the visitor center. She has menus from nearby restaurants (although when I asked for a recommendation she didn't want to give one).
* We stayed in the Skane room upstairs which was very pretty. The website sort of leads you to believe you'll have a view of Tomales Bay, but it is waaaaay in the distance if you look out of the corner of the sliding door.
The bad:
*This B&B felt really impersonal. The owner is pleasant, but won't make eye contact with you and doesn't make any attempt to make conversation with you. If you like staying at B&Bs because of the personal interaction that you get to have with the hosts, you'll probably be disappointed here.
*I guess because there are no carpets/rugs, the B&B is eerily silent. There's no background music or anything playing. If the owner is on the phone, you can hear every word of her conversation even upstairs. It is so silent that if you pee in the upstairs bathroom (inside the bedroom), you're pretty sure anyone sitting downstairs can hear it. We felt like we had to whisper. The B&B part of the house was open to the owners' part of the house the whole time we were there.
* They only serve a cooked breakfast on weekends, and I thought the weekday breakfast was a little lacking.
*On the morning after our first night there, we found out that my father-in-law had had a stroke, and we sadly had to abandon our trip and made plans to fly back to the east coast later that day. I let the owner know around 9:30 am that we were going to have to leave early, and we left by 10am. While I do understand having to pay for the second night since we were cancelling it on such short notice, I didn't think she was very sensitive or accommodating about it. I felt like she couldn't wait to get my money and get me out of there. I had to ask her if she could try rerenting the room and possibly issuing a credit if it worked out (which she agreed to, but I don't know what happened, but I didn't get a credit). I just felt like she could have been more accommodating, since she no longer had to shop for our breakfast which they upcharge $20 for on weekends (and I had heard her on the phone saying that she was going shopping that day to buy stuff for the next morning's B&B breakfast). I was charged the full room rate plus tax.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trvlwith3kids
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This is one of the best B&Bs we have stayed at: very pleasant welcome by the owners,silent nights, great breakfast with local goat cheeses and good cereals, as well as fabulous home- made pastries. As we visited the area in January, the outside night temperatures went below freezing, but the bedroom and bathroom were very well heated, and a nice fire was lit when we came down for breakfast.

Room Tip: The Sakne room is very comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Bodega Bay
Point Reyes Vineyard Inn
Point Reyes Vineyard Inn
#5 of 15 in Point Reyes Station

Been to Lingonberry Farm? Share your experiences!