“Lighthouse lovers dream come true”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Richmond
East Brother Light Station
Louisiana
“Lighthouse lovers dream come true”
Reviewed 20 March 2006

I have a passion for light houses & I have driven many miles, sometimes on substandard road ways, & walked through water & mud, to get to lighthouses. At the East Brother Light Station you are picked up at the Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor, which is very quaint. The directions to the Yacht Harbor on the East Brother Light Station web site are on the money. The captain that picked us up was very punctual. After a short but exciting boat ride we arrived at the Light Station. It is on a island of rock in the middle of the San Rafael Bay. We had a little free time to walk around the island, soak up the view of the San Francisco bridge & skyline in the distance & play an old fashioned game of horse shoes. Later we were treated to a cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres hour followed by a lovely dinner with local flair. Our rooms were very clean & appointed with lovely antiques. In the morning we had a delicious & beautiful (presentation is everything) breakfast. After breakfast we were given a very informative tour which included a blast of the old fog horn. I hated to board the boat back for the main land. I closed my eyes & listened to the crashing waves, sea gulls squawking & the ringing of the channel markers and thought, as light house lovers go this was a dream come true. If you are a fellow light house lover, East Brother Light Station B&B is a must see & worth every penny!!!

3 Thank gee2u

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Moreno Valley
Reviewed 21 March 2005

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday the first weekend in Feb 2005. I found EBLS by accident while doing a search for lighthouses and was exited to find a lighthouse that you could stay in overnight. We flew into Oakland and rented a car and drove to Point Richmond. From there we took the boat over to the island. The hosts are very friendly and full of information and stories. We stayed in the Marin room which was very roomy and comfortable. We chose this room because we wanted a private bathroom (although you can't use the shower unless you are staying more than 1 night). After getting settled we were served champaign and appetizers, then a delicious dinner with plenty of wine. Sleeping was difficult with the fog horn blowing about every 30 seconds. I brought ear plugs but it didnt really help. Since we were only there 1 night, it was ok. If I were to go again, I would go at a different time of the year because the fog horns only operate during the winter. In the morning we were served a wonderful breakfast and given a tour of the island and learned alot about the history. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitly go back again.

• Stayed February 2005
6 Thank santrvl1
Reno, NV
Reviewed 11 March 2005

As a birthday surprise, my wife whisked me off to this tiny little wonderland. Every moment of the experience was unique and memorable - starting and ending with a quick fun boat ride out to the island from a marina which seems to have tumbled out of the pages of a Steinbeck novel. The meals were excellent, including afternoon snacks with champagne, dinner with some lovely wines, and a liesurely breakfast. The "make-yourself-at-home" feeling permeates the whole place, inviting you to poke around all the nooks and crannies of this tiny island. The island is so small and tidal waters move past so quickly it almost feels like being on a boat, complete with bow wave and wake. An adjacent island hosts hundreds of seabirds, ships of all types and sizes pass constantly, and in fine weather San Francisco juts above the horizon beyond the Richmond Bridge. It would be difficult to visualize a more picturesque setting. Our hosts were charming, competent people who are interesting in their own right. This is still a working lighthouse, with a flashing beacon and small horn. At night my last thought was "Is that horn going to keep me awake?", followed by waking to the smell of fresh-brewed coffee outside our door. The place seems to bring out the best in everyone. We spent two nights with a full house (5 couples in the 5 bedrooms); dinners were full of chatter and laughter, then we would all drift off to our own little corners to experience the place privately. One caution: Bring some of your own wine along. If you have as delightful dinner partners as we did, you will be scurrying back to your room to add it to the pile of bottles that littered our after dinner table. Most highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2005
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon
The Alise - A Staypineapple Hotel

Been to East Brother Light Station? Share your experiences!