“It would be a fine one night stay if the room was prewarmed”
Review of Westhaven Inn

Westhaven Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pollock Pines
Sunnyvale, California
“It would be a fine one night stay if the room was prewarmed”
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We stayed here for one night during a short weekend ski trip. We expected it will be very basic accomondation. It would be a fine stay if the room temperature was not below 50 when walked into the room.

The room we stayed is well kept up. The room is much bigger than most hotel rooms, it has two Q beds, a table, a desk and chairs, frig, microwave and coffee maker, these will be useful for extended stay. We only stayed ther for one night so we can go ski early next morning, we encountered one problem: the room is below 50 degree when we checked in at 8:00pm, it took two hours to warm up to 63 degree, made the stay very uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank GoingPlaces49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I have never seen such great customer service from an Inn before. The owners were very easy to talk to and understood my needs. The rates are very reasonable for stay in this area. The room was clean and towels were stacked nicely. The hotel has high speed internet access for customers for free! I was able to do my reports without having to connect my laptop to my phone for access. Over all I had a great experience at Westhaven Inn. It will defiantly be on my list for future stays on my trips to Tahoe.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank robbyjoe1
Camino, California
Reviewed 19 August 2008

We arived at the hotel @ 8 PM the room was a mess, dirty bed and bathroom. The sheets had shoe prints on them and lots of hair we changed rooms 2 times the same dirty room's. so we checked out and he would no refund our money so we left and lost our $110.00.
BUT WE DID NOT STAY. LOOK AT THE ROOM BEFOR YOU PAY!!!!! THIS PLACE MAKES MOTEL 6 LOOK LIKE A GRAND HYATT.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty crapy room
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fire4me2

Travellers are raving about these Pollock Pines hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We attempted to drive to Tahoe late at night so that our 2 year old daugher would sleep through the 4 hour drive. Unfortunately, we became too tired to drive through the mountains and stayed in Pollock Pines at the West Haven Inn. Our room smelled like smoke (even though a non-smoking room was requested) and the floor was icky. We didn't sleep in the bed but covered the bed with a personal sheet and that smelled like smoke the next day. Not the most terrible place to stay but hopefully we won't have to stay there in the future.

• Liked — Spacious room.
  • Disliked — Smelly room.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank lilmb3
Merced, CA
Reviewed 27 June 2007

The rooms were clean, the bathtub was plugged so when we took a shower the water didn't drain for quite awhile after getting out. There is no pool or hot tub here. The water pipes make a lot of noise when you turn them on and you can hear other people using theirs as well. The shower was powerful though and did get hot quickly. The internet service didn't work at all and I have a new laptop with the latest technology. The alarms all went off at about 5:00 in the morning like there was a fire but it just went off somehow by accident. The staff was helpful but for the money pass right through Pollock Pines and go to South Lake Tahoe(45 minutes). All of Pollock Pines motels are expensive for what you get. The quantity of places in Tahoe gives better rates.

Stayed June 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2005

I used to live in Pollock Pines and made the mistake of moving away from there a few years ago. While we lived there, it was absolutely the best place that I could have raised my kids. I would not have changed one single thing!! My kids experienced things that most kids only see about on their tv sets because the parents are too busy to expose them to what nature has to offer. For those of you that dont like small town atmospheres and the incredible beauty that nature has to offer in the mountains.....then this is not a place for you to stop. If you do enjoy the quiet and serene feeling of complete nature, then this IS the place to stay. You have to have a easy and relaxed attitude to be able to appreciate what this town has to offer. If you are like most people from the city and are always in a hurry to fly through life without enjoying true nature, then keep on going, please do not stop here and ruin it for those that can appreciate it.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2004

I live in Pollock Pines but work in Folsom CA. A couple of years ago my parents came to visit my wife and I and our 5 children. Frankly my wife and I moved to Pollock Pines to escape the smog (and uptight neighbors). My parents stayed a week in the Westhaven Inn. They enjoyed their stay, the room was clean and quite. In the morning my parents would open the siding door to their porch and watch the humming birds feed on some local foliage. As for Pollock Pines being a Hellhole, I hope that people who feel that way just simply "stay away". We who live here, live here out of choice because of it's beauty and tranquility.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines
North Canyon Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Westhaven Inn? Share your experiences!