“Pollock Pines BW is worth it”

Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pollock Pines
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Most excellent stay, would stay again, owners are wonderful people. Went out of way to mail my letters. Thanks for remembering our group from a few years back. Quite surprised you are still using our form.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Stagecoach Inn

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This motel is attractive in a woodsy Tahoe way, nestled in the trees far enough from the freeway to eliminate noise. Our standard room was improved by a nice little patio. The experience would have been good but I must downgrade it for its lack of accessibility. The breakfast room is up a 15 stair staircase! When I expressed surprise the manager said (nicely) that my husband could bring me breakfast. I left my knee walker in the room and used crutches to get up to the breakfast--and found there were only three tables there, and the food was mediocre at best. (And there were no trays if my husband had wanted to bring me some food.) I am disappointed that a Best Western would fail to serve the disabled community this way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JC-OMCA
Gilbert C, Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Stagecoach Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service we pride ourselves in. We appreciate you patronage and hope you will stay at Best Western.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for a family member funeral service in the area. STarted with bait & switch for room rate on internet, stated $89 and when booked was charged $99. Upon checkin, I waited 10min at checkin, clerical error put a hold on my credit card, aggresive night manager when asked about no internet/tv programming at night. Will not stay there again nor will I recommend to other family friends heading to area.

3  Thank Debra T
Gilbert C, Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again that we can have another chance to provide with a superior experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place is very nice, clean and friendly. You wouldn't go wrong staying here. This was our second stay in six months and it was just as nice the second time. This hotel is located conveniently just off Hwy 50. It is about a 10 minute ride from Placerville. Has a beautiful view of the pine trees from the patio for rooms facing south. Our stay was very nice.

1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great value and perfect place to stay if you want to spend a day skiing, but don't want to drive all the way into Tahoe. I drive in from the Bay Area. It takes about 3 hours. I wake up in the morning then drive to Sierra At Tahoe...only about a 40 minute drive.

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel was clean and looked OK from outside. Rooms were average, beds were not very comfortable. Breakfast was more of a grab and go ... couple of danishes and muffins. Felt more like an upscale motel 6. It was quite though. If we would have paid $50 instead of $150 it would have been a better option.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cody S
Gilbert C, General Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very important and We value it which we can improve and offer our services to our guests in the future. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

If you are looking for a great place to rest and relax this is it. Located in the pines 10 minutes from Placerville and about 30 from Sierra at Tahoe. Rooms are quite spacious with a balcony overlooking an open field with the trees and mountains in the background. Bathrooms are very large. It is nice having two vanities. One inside the bath and one outside. The TV is huge and has a ton of channels. Breakfast was nice but limited- toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, OJ, Hot chocolate. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Mother Lode Motel
Mother Lode Motel
#4 of 5 in Placerville
The Historic American River Inn

Been to Best Western Stagecoach Inn? Share your experiences!