“Best little Thai cafe, period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sanamluang Cafe

Sanamluang Cafe
Ranked #3 of 204 Restaurants in Pomona
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups
San Antonio
“Best little Thai cafe, period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have had lunch here for many years. I have also eaten in many Thai cafes. This one is by far the best. My favorite dish, garlic pork spare rib. no one does this dish better. Spicy Catfish is hot & spicy. Unlike many other spicy dishes, this one has so many wonderful flavors that are not masked by the heat. Even a simple stir fried mixed vegetable dish is full of somokey flavor. You can see and smell the steam and smoke when they drop the veggies in the really hot wok in the kitchen. Since they are taken out right away the veggies maintain their crunch and freshness.Saute'd Chinese Broccoli with deep fried pork belly is another simple dish that no one does better. Fried bananas and fried taro are very good. I have tried majority of the menu over a period of years. Not been disappointed yet. Food preparation & freshness has been so consistent over the years. When in SoCal, I find some way to eat lunch here when I can.

• Visited April 2013

Los Angeles, California
“As Thai as Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

My employment forces me to travel and eat out on average 4 days a week, every meal, for the past decade or so. If there is a Thai restaurant around, I will usually make my way in to check it out. I have been to Thailand more than 20 times for business and along with a few others I have tried west of the Mississippi, Sanam Luang is similar in flavor to what you get at the good restaurants or on the street in Thailand, i.e. a place where Thai people eat and NOT the places catering to foreign tourists. That said, I have been to Sanam Luang about a dozen times and every time, with whatever we get, I and whoever I am with have left happy and full.

• Visited April 2013
Helendale, California
“Used to be one of the best. Now, eh, okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Sanam Luang Cafe used to be one of the best Thai restaurants in the area. Prices were a bit higher than the other places, but the quality was well worth it. Today's visit was very disappointing. We had 4 dishes, and none of them were up to our expectations. Most seemed to be on the dry side and a bit over cooked. Service was still good and quick, and the portions were a nice size.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GreggL14
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Reminds me of Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I really enjoy this restaurant because it reminds me of eating in Thailand. Different courses arrive in random order. You have to be prepared to relax and be flexible. Meals are about spending time with friends not rushing off to the next activity.

The orange plastic plates make me smile. I just ordered take out earlier this week and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is not gourmet Thai food. It's inexpensive and tasty.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JamaicanExplorer
california
“Best Thai food around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

I love this place. The atmosphere and service is a bit less than awesome but the food is so good you won't even care. The appetizers, soup, noodles, and drinks are good. I especially love the duck. I haven't had dessert there because there is never any room.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank stefunnie77

Been to Sanamluang Cafe? Share your experiences!