DoubleTree By Hilton Pomona
Pomona Lodge(Pomona)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2012

the stay was horrible. get their and their is no air condition due to one of the generators is broke. so im just sweating perfusely. the room looked like a cheap motel not like the pictures, ice maker wasnt working on or floor, and their was no sign at the pool so we were told that we had to get out. it was not up to my standards after paying $152. for the night and a $100 deposit that i didnt know about.

Room Tip: rooms have very poor A/C.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Pomona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear brenda c,
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences expressed in your review and we would like you to know that this hotel, prior to your stay, changed ownership and is now operated by a new Owner/Franchisee. Shilo Management Corporation will continue to hold the few independent franchisees that we do have, to the high Shilo standards of hospitality & service that each of our many Shilo company owned properties must adhere to. We will immediately share your comments with these new franchisees and ask them to take immediate corrective action to assure future Shilo Inns’ hospitality is given to each of our valued guests.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Where do I begin, it was so bad! I guess at the beginning. We were in town for a wedding, and we experienced the same incidences in all four rooms I went into, as the entire bridal party was booked at the "hotel". Here goes...

At check in there was a $100 deposit on top of our $98 room. The hotel is run down and very 80s. The wallpaper is peeling, the bed skirts were stained. The ceiling in the rooms on the top floor was stained from possible roof damage. The girl at check in was snotty. She did not have a name tag, but was very condescending to us. Our name was incorrect on our reservation, as were several names in the wedding party, and it took a very long time to get checked it anyway. I had to get ready for the wedding in a hot room. It took FOREVER to cool down the room. The bride and groom had to sleep in a hot room though; their room NEVER cooled down. Thank goodness it cooled down by the time we returned from the wedding, but then the ice was gone. The ice makers were all broken, except for the one on the second floor. The hotel was completely booked and the ice ran out early with 129 rooms.

Went to the pool through the workout room. Air conditioning is a problem throughout. The door to the workout room was open so the 100 degree heat was where you would work out. Not pleasant. The pool was refreshing, but needs a new coat of plaster badly, as spots were peeling, and there was a black moldy looking stain on one wall. Scary. The spa had black spots all over it, and the plaster was peeling. There was no shade, no umbrellas, NO TOWELS ! I had to find housekeeping for pool towels. I wanted a shower very badly after swimming with the black spot.

If you wanted to use the tub, you are out of luck since there is no switch to move the water to come our of the faucet. The shower head was clogged and barely spit out water. There was a rusty piece of metal where you would connect the clothesline in the shower.

When calling to the front desk, or other rooms, there is a constant ringing/busy signal in the background of the phone. The TV has a high pitched tone on all channels above 30.

There was no room service menu, so I assume no room service? The continental breakfast was literally blueberry muffins, cereal, and bagels WITH NO CREAM CHEESE! Really?!

I see on Yelp that the Hyatt bought this property after it went bankrupt. I would not return unless I saw a Hyatt sign on the front. No way!

Room Tip: Where is Hotel Impossible when I need it? This place was scary!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear twinboysmommy,

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Checked in on Friday afternoon. Rebecca was really helpful and very friendly. I should have been concerned when someone was checking out early, when we were checking in.
Stayed here rather than a different hotel that offered a manager's reception, but I chose the cook to order breakfast at the Shiloh Inn instead. In the morning Rebecaa told us that there cook called in sick, so we had to go to the sister property across the street. Breakfast consisted of cold pancakes, runny oatmeal, toast, bagels. When I asked about a cooked to order breakfast, I was told I could order and pay off the menu.
I asked about the breakfast when we returned to our Hotel and was told that they do not offer cooked to order breakfasts. It is a continental breakfast since they are under new ownership.
When trying to take a shower, could not get the shower to start. Had to have 2 housekeeping people come in and figure out how to do it. Then had to pull on a metal piece (missing a knob) until the water come at from the showerhead. Once we figured out this part, tried to adjust the water and could not. We ended up taking cold showers.

Never will we stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Shilo I, VP of Operations at DoubleTree By Hilton Pomona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear megsmom4865,

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Thank you to Fabiola and the rest of the staff for making all of our family who was there for the wedding feel at home. The rooms were clean and nice!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were disappointed that the restaurant was closed when we were there, because they were just bought by Hyatt. But the service was exceptional! The response was very quick and friendly when we asked for extra towels, asked them to fix the internet which dropped out once, and especially when we had to check out unexpectedly early. Fabiola at the front desk explained we booked through a third party, but then she called for us and made sure we would not be charged for the two nights we didn't end up staying - Thank you so much! The location was convenient to Cal Poly, the beds were very comfortable, and the A/C worked well - it was hot outside! But the breakfast was minimal, the spa jets didn't operate, and the internet was very slow. I enjoyed the rabbits on the grounds and would stay here again after it gets some updating.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family