“Great Ribs”

Tehachapi, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,354 helpful votes
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Excellent ribs and brisket. Enjoyed the fries and beans as well. The atmosphere is the real winner here. The servers are very friendly and helpful with suggestions from the menu. Try their home made chips, AMAZING. The place is large and can get crowded but the food still comes out quickly and tastes great.

• Visited August 2013
14 Thank melsdad2002

Laguna Niguel, California
“Pleasant Place in Pomona”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've been to another Joey's in the IE, but this one has more character -- it's in one of the old buildings in the Pomona antique/arts district. It's a large place and we've never had trouble getting a booth -- which is just fine with me. I'm not a big meat lover, but the chicken is good, the bbq sauce is spicy and savory, and the sides are what really make this place worth a visit. I love the sweet potato/yam, which comes with marshmallow. Coleslaw and baked beans are good too, as is corn on the cob.Kids will also be happy, as there's a variety of dishes from which to choose. You'll need that moist towelette at the end of your meal -- if you made a mess, it means you had a good time!

• Visited October 2012
7 Thank Lisa H
Cerritos
“Barf!!! Stay Away!!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Will never step foot in this dump again! I'm an avid BBQ lover and this place is far from BBQ. I never thought I would say this but this was the first time my party and I didn't finish our BBQ. We had their BBQ sampler special and were pretty excited to get out hands on it. Let's start with the beans, if I didn't know any better I think they cooked them in iron rich water, just horrible! The pork ribs tasted old and burnt! The BBQ sauce was Blah! No flavor, no tangy not spicy, not sweet, speechless to describe the plain taste. The only thing edible was the bread and fries.
Note to ownership.... A secret shoppers or someone in your organization needs to stop by at this location and fix all the issues. All the food tasted like last weeks left overs ... Old!!! Don't know how much longer you'll be in business. Another set of guests also at your location had the same feeling regarding the food. If it helps we went in at 12, so maybe we got stuck with yesterday's food! Nonetheless you guys have a lot of serious concerns that need to be addressed!

5 Thank adrianlperalta13
June Lake, California
“Died and Gone to BBQ Heaven”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The brisket is to die for!! Order it you won't be disappointed. Beef ribs are delectible (meat falls off bone). Everything I've tried there is superb.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Debbie S
Pomona, California
“Bar B Quue”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Nice restaurant, plent of Que, and nice people too! Plenty of parking in back (the north side).

6 Thank Boone5269