“The Coco Palm Restaurant, Pomona, CA”
Review of Coco Palm

Coco Palm
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 209 Restaurants in Pomona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Interstate 10 freeway
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We went for a birthday celebration and enjoyed the all you can eat champange brunch. The food was delicious and the service was great. All the food that they offer: shrimps, crab legs, oysters, prime rib, salmon, paellas, pasta, and on and on. Don't forget the salad bar which was great in itself. The Cuban and Spanish cuisine was such a change from the norm. I can't forget the panoramic view of the Pomona Valley from there. It's a great place to dine. I will be dinning there again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Three of us went to the brunch lunch to celebrate our birthdays. We had a beautiful view and great food. The buffet had a lot of choices. They brought us out a piece of cheese cake with a candle and happy birthday on the plate. Very nice

1  Thank dashdashdashdash
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Yes, this cuban restaurant is delicious! Not only was the service great, the views are spectacular. We started off with some empanadas and croquetas, and I have to admit I wanted another empanada. Our salad was next and I asked for the mango salad. If I had known how good it was going to be I would have just ordered that and would have been happy for the rest of the night. For the main entree I had the beef filet with a side of rice, veggies and my favorite - fried bananas. Topped it all off with a Moscato and you can't ask for more. It was all very delicious, the beef was tender and moist. I also tried a little bit of salmon and let me tell you, it's like a party in your mouth. So good! I didn't have room for desert but I know I'll be coming back just to try it!

1  Thank Susie C
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Good place for a lunch buffet for the office. Nice selection of food and the price was reasonable. Wish the drinks came with the price.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Sunday Brunch Buffet, $28.99

If you are coming here on a Sunday, make a reservation and try to come before noon if possible (the churchgoers are still in service). Brunch starts at 10:00am.
Our reservation through Open Table was for 11:15am. There was no valet parking, we were able to self-park and there were plenty of parking spaces. It was already busy inside, but not crowded. Service was on point at this time.

DRESSCODE: They say to wear Business Casual and you'll probably be safe with that. It's not really the ideal place to be wearing a tank top, shorts, and flip flops. At a minimum (for guys) jeans, and a nice shirt is fine.

BUFFET ITEMS
=============================
SEAFOOD (salmon, shrimp, fish ceviche, crab legs, oysters, paella with shrimp & mussels, fried fish)
MEAT (prime rib, lechon, ox tail, chicken, Ropa Vieja...)
BREAKFAST (waffles, croissants, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, omelets)
OTHER: Sweet plantains, salad and fruit
DESERT: Flan, chocolate/cinnamon cake, cheese cake, bread pudding

Getting around the meat station (where the ox tail etc is) is hard because the aisle is so narrow. You basically stand there until people move, before you can pass them.
Once it hit around 11:45-noon, that place is absolutely packed and even trying to flag our server down for the bill was a task on its own. It gets loud inside and hard to make conversation without raising your voice.

On our way out around 12:15pm, I overheard the hostess tell newcomers the wait was 45 minutes. There was also people waiting outside.

OVERALL - beautiful view, nice entrance to the restaurant, great variety of food.
+Favorite dishes = Ropa Vieja, Fish Ceviche, Ox Tail, Plantains
-Not so great = Prime Rib, Chicken, Paella (dry & bland)

1  Thank Charlene C

Been to Coco Palm? Share your experiences!