“I Stay Here Every Chance I Get”

Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pomona
Phoenix, AZ
“I Stay Here Every Chance I Get”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

I love staying at this hotel. I will go out of my way to stay here if I need to stay anywhere remotely close to Pomona. As previously noted, the property is always immaculate, the rooms are large and comfortable, the pool area is very relaxing and always well kept.

Most of all, the staff is very accomodating. Special thanks to Mary Ellen at the front desk this last visit. We had a unique challenge with our reservation and she went out of her way to meet our expectation.

Contact me if you want to know more. I am a fan of this hotel

Stayed June 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ridgecrest, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

I was pleasantly suprised that the hotel was an easy off the freeway and tucked away in the park! Plenty of parking and the grounds were very well maintained. The staff were all super friendly and aimed to please. Check in was efficient and quick. My 'suite' was great! Really enjoyed having the extra pampering by having a separate room to sleep in. Sitting room with TV, large mirror, couch, coffee table, chair, standing lamp, end table with lamp also a very ample desk with phone, lamp and chair. Wet bar with coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and sink. Long sink area for all those pesky cosmetics and appliances...enough room for 2 to use the mirror and have elbow room! There was a hairdryer on the counter. The closet had mirrored doors and with a mirror that swings from the wall you can check out your backside, too! The other side is close up! The toilet and shower/tub are in a separate room, also! Bedroom area has it's own TV and phone, bedside tables and lamps. The bed was extremely comfortable. The closet had an iron and ironing board. Only one negative...the closet was very small. Two sliding mirrored doors, but hard to access. Couldn't store much in there. There were nice hardwood hangers. I took the luggage rack out and set up my suitcase in the bedroom. There is lots of room to run around and not crash into anything and lots of storage if you stayed for any time. There is no door or way to separate the rooms, though. I think the couch might have folded out, didn't check, but there's a full sized chest of drawers in each room, plus the end table drawers. Modern, clean design. Very pleasant and I was in the single king bed suite! The work out room and pool area were accessed by room key and was very up to date. The pool was outside and there was a bar with attendant. There is a restaurant on site, but didn't have time to eat there. The I-10 freeway is 2 short blocks and East is Inland Empire, West is Santa Monica/LA. Just west running North-South is the 57 Freeway to I-5 junction at approximately Anaheim. Perfect access for Orange County. I had activities in both OC West and South, then West LA/Hollywood, then Disneyland, so my commutes were direct and easy to maneuver! The property is next to the LA Fairplex, a huge park and Raging Waters. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly and efficient staff
  • Disliked — Small closet
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

What a nice place. I was traveling alone with my small dog and feeling a little conspicuous in my casual traveling clothes because there was a large formal holiday party going on with people arriving at the same time I was. Doggie held it together and heeled with me nicely up to the desk. The receptionist was exceptionally friendly to me and my dog. We checked in and went up to our room and it was really very nice.

The rooms are large and well-appointed. Some areas of carpet were a bit worn but nothing serious. Both of us were able to curl up on the high bed and relax and enjoy our stay there. I ended up having to walk her twice during the night. The grounds were for the most part well lit and felt secure. The doormen greeted us each time and all of the staff were friendly without being intrusive.

We will stay there again if we travel to Pomona. This hotel had it all together!

• Liked — Large, well appointed rooms
  • Disliked — Having to take an elevator to walk the dog
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2008

Stayed just one night on a quick trip to look at the Claremont Colleges. Booked a suite for just $75 through Hotwire.com and when we saw the hotel lobby and room it was evident what a great deal that was. Large suite, new and tasteful decor, two TVs, very comfortable beds. Ask for a room with a view--ours had large windows looking out at the beautiful mountains. I especially liked the amenities--large magnifying mirror at the right height for make-up, good quality toiletries , lots of towels, coffee/wetbar, large comfy sofa, large desk and easy internet access. A lightbulb was burned out next to the bed and the courteous staff had it changed in ten minutes. Easy check in and out, courteous and efficient restaraunt. It deserves at least three stars.

• Liked — size and decor of rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2008

We booked this hotel as part of a package that included tickets to the water park and were very pleased.

Positives: We thought the style and decor of the hotel and its rooms were very attractive. The suite-style of rooms with the separate bedroom made it very nice traveling with kids and the room was very spacious. The front desk personnel were friendly and very accomodating when asked about area maps etc... The gift shop was small but very adequate and the restaurant was nice as well.

Negatives: Our room faced out on to the roof of the meeting hall (very ugly) and it was all we could see. Not a big deal since we were gone all day at the water park but still not very attractive.

We would definitely stay here again if in the area, but would request a room that has a different view.

• Liked — Suite style of rooms, decor, and front desk staff
  • Disliked — View of the roof
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2007

I am a corporate traveler, and expect staff at Starwood Preferred properties to be beyond that of a chain or more modest property.

The Sheraton Fairplex had multiple small issues on a recent stay, and when coupled with the inexperience of several staffers, the cumulative effect was distinctly unpleasant.

To wit:
* a front-desk staffer who could not comfortably talk on the phone. When asked to help with a broken telephone in the room, he stuttered and finally said "I ... I don't know what to do." ('send engineering up to the room right away' would be the right answer).

* room service delivered a burger (I thought it would be the easiest) that was horribly, horribly overcooked and burned. They seemed to think they were being kind by saying I wouldn't have to pay for this -- oh? Do you usually insist that guests PAY for horribly burned food?

* internet service in the room was problematic -- also, they have yet to finish wiring the hotel.

It's a lovely setting, and the room layout is terrific. Also, a couple of the staffers (notably asst. manager Paulo) were very kind in trying to address problems - but the bottom line is they have a cook who can't prepare a cheeseburger, and a front desk person who can't comfortably talk on the telephone.

Wow.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Danhedonia
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2007

This hotel is clean and very well executed. I stayed there last night. I've lived in a few different hotels over the years all over the country. I found this room to be clean and well decorated.

Water pressure is excellent and the hotel staff is very professional. The room was much larger than I expected and the parking was plentiful.

The shampoo they provide is Panteen and the coffee in the room is maxwell house.

The exterior of the building looks a bit dated but don't let that fool you.

• Liked — decore and water pressure
  • Disliked — exterior
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
Hotel Casa 425
Hotel Casa 425
#2 of 5 in Claremont
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas

Been to Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!