“Splendid Stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pomona
San Francisco
“Splendid Stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2008

This hotel rates a 10 out of 10 for friendliness and service. Everyone here is smiling, courteous, and genuinely interested in making your stay wonderful.

The suite had adequate space, the king bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and was very clean. There was ample free parking. The only extra charge was $10 for internet access.

The waitress, Jessica, at breakfast was extremely accommodating. The food was OK.

This was a very, very pleasant stay. Congratulations to a staff that understands what the word hospitality means.

• Liked — friendliness
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I checked in on a Thursday 1 day before I had to attend a wedding in the area. My first impression was the hotel was clean and quiet. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and gave great service. She even gave me two postcards just in case I wanted to send them out. I was given a room on the 5th floor. When I walked into my room I was pleased. The room was a standered room that was spacious. It had a little kitchen, large bathroom. The beds were also great along with the pillows. The room was clean. Friday came around and I used the gym in the hotel. Cardio machines were great with a big screen TV on the wall but no weights. Ordered room service which food was great. The bar closes at 11pm on a friday night which was a downfall. You cannot order room service after 11pm dur to everything in the hotel closes. That was the only down fall but the rest was great.

• Liked — The hotels beds
  • Disliked — Hotel bar closes at 11pm on a friday night.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I love staying at this hotel. I will go out of my way to stay here if I need to stay anywhere remotely close to Pomona. As previously noted, the property is always immaculate, the rooms are large and comfortable, the pool area is very relaxing and always well kept.

Most of all, the staff is very accomodating. Special thanks to Mary Ellen at the front desk this last visit. We had a unique challenge with our reservation and she went out of her way to meet our expectation.

Contact me if you want to know more. I am a fan of this hotel

Stayed June 2008
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I was pleasantly suprised that the hotel was an easy off the freeway and tucked away in the park! Plenty of parking and the grounds were very well maintained. The staff were all super friendly and aimed to please. Check in was efficient and quick. My 'suite' was great! Really enjoyed having the extra pampering by having a separate room to sleep in. Sitting room with TV, large mirror, couch, coffee table, chair, standing lamp, end table with lamp also a very ample desk with phone, lamp and chair. Wet bar with coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and sink. Long sink area for all those pesky cosmetics and appliances...enough room for 2 to use the mirror and have elbow room! There was a hairdryer on the counter. The closet had mirrored doors and with a mirror that swings from the wall you can check out your backside, too! The other side is close up! The toilet and shower/tub are in a separate room, also! Bedroom area has it's own TV and phone, bedside tables and lamps. The bed was extremely comfortable. The closet had an iron and ironing board. Only one negative...the closet was very small. Two sliding mirrored doors, but hard to access. Couldn't store much in there. There were nice hardwood hangers. I took the luggage rack out and set up my suitcase in the bedroom. There is lots of room to run around and not crash into anything and lots of storage if you stayed for any time. There is no door or way to separate the rooms, though. I think the couch might have folded out, didn't check, but there's a full sized chest of drawers in each room, plus the end table drawers. Modern, clean design. Very pleasant and I was in the single king bed suite! The work out room and pool area were accessed by room key and was very up to date. The pool was outside and there was a bar with attendant. There is a restaurant on site, but didn't have time to eat there. The I-10 freeway is 2 short blocks and East is Inland Empire, West is Santa Monica/LA. Just west running North-South is the 57 Freeway to I-5 junction at approximately Anaheim. Perfect access for Orange County. I had activities in both OC West and South, then West LA/Hollywood, then Disneyland, so my commutes were direct and easy to maneuver! The property is next to the LA Fairplex, a huge park and Raging Waters. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly and efficient staff
  • Disliked — Small closet
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
Fresno, California
Reviewed 29 February 2008

What a nice place. I was traveling alone with my small dog and feeling a little conspicuous in my casual traveling clothes because there was a large formal holiday party going on with people arriving at the same time I was. Doggie held it together and heeled with me nicely up to the desk. The receptionist was exceptionally friendly to me and my dog. We checked in and went up to our room and it was really very nice.

The rooms are large and well-appointed. Some areas of carpet were a bit worn but nothing serious. Both of us were able to curl up on the high bed and relax and enjoy our stay there. I ended up having to walk her twice during the night. The grounds were for the most part well lit and felt secure. The doormen greeted us each time and all of the staff were friendly without being intrusive.

We will stay there again if we travel to Pomona. This hotel had it all together!

• Liked — Large, well appointed rooms
  • Disliked — Having to take an elevator to walk the dog
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 18 January 2008

Stayed just one night on a quick trip to look at the Claremont Colleges. Booked a suite for just $75 through Hotwire.com and when we saw the hotel lobby and room it was evident what a great deal that was. Large suite, new and tasteful decor, two TVs, very comfortable beds. Ask for a room with a view--ours had large windows looking out at the beautiful mountains. I especially liked the amenities--large magnifying mirror at the right height for make-up, good quality toiletries , lots of towels, coffee/wetbar, large comfy sofa, large desk and easy internet access. A lightbulb was burned out next to the bed and the courteous staff had it changed in ten minutes. Easy check in and out, courteous and efficient restaraunt. It deserves at least three stars.

• Liked — size and decor of rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 14 January 2008

We booked this hotel as part of a package that included tickets to the water park and were very pleased.

Positives: We thought the style and decor of the hotel and its rooms were very attractive. The suite-style of rooms with the separate bedroom made it very nice traveling with kids and the room was very spacious. The front desk personnel were friendly and very accomodating when asked about area maps etc... The gift shop was small but very adequate and the restaurant was nice as well.

Negatives: Our room faced out on to the roof of the meeting hall (very ugly) and it was all we could see. Not a big deal since we were gone all day at the water park but still not very attractive.

We would definitely stay here again if in the area, but would request a room that has a different view.

• Liked — Suite style of rooms, decor, and front desk staff
  • Disliked — View of the roof
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
Hotel Casa 425
Hotel Casa 425
#2 of 5 in Claremont
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas

Been to Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!