“A home away from home.”

American Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pomona
“A home away from home.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place is like staying or being at home away from home with their short stay or extended stay because the rooms offers full kitchenette with stove and refrigerator, couch, work table, daily room service, wireless internet service, laundry room, and clean swimming pool. Spacious rooms, there's even rooms that have a 2nd private bedroom, and pull out sofa bed for extra people. The rooms are clean. The facility, including the parking areas, walk ways, & pool were maintained and cleaned on a regular basis, and very well lighted at night throughout. Any spills or trash were immediately cleaned up and picked up. They even provided quick service! When freezer broke down and light bulbs went out in bathroom and refrig, they sent the maintenance guy to fix it the same day even though it was late into the evening time! That's a Wow! The manager and the staffs were available at all times, were very understanding, & treated us with kindness, care, and very helpful. Keep up the good service!

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious, maintained, and clean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dina C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel has everything you need to enjoy your vacation. It is within walking distance to several shops and restaurants. the pool is beautiful. The Staff was extremely helpful with all our questions. We have already recommended to our friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paul n
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Location was convenient, there were no bed bugs or fires, the kitchenette looked decent, and the mattress was comfortable, and the police drove through without finding a reason to stop. Otherwise it was horrible, from open tubes of mayonnaise under the bed to abandoned cars to kids running rampant at all hours. The clientele is poor and many appear to have no other option. The manager was kind enough to not insist we pay for the nights we booked but did not use.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RRossP

Travellers are raving about these Pomona hotels

Yuba City, California
Reviewed 20 June 2013

You're better of sleeping in your vehicle and showering at a gym. I was given a voucher to stay there by a social services program during some tough times. When I arrived there was candlewax melt and ash nearly everywhere. I had to use all the towels to clean it up. When I requested towels it would take hours. The wifi was so slow it was useless.

And worst of all, one night I accidentally locked myself out of room late. It was around 1am and I stepped out to use the vending machine. I was in flip flops and shorts. After realizing I was locked out, I went to the attendant window. Because it was late and I did not see anybody I rang the bell a few times. Then the attendant came up to the window all offensive lecturing me not to ring the bell so many times. I told the guy, "Dude, it's freezing and am out here in shorts and flip flops. Let me get the key" and he then told me I could not get in. This is illegal and immoral.

Because the attendant choose to have a petty power trip, I was kicked out in the cold. I told them I would call 9-11 for theft and the guy shrugged me off. I had to borrow a cell phone from someone outside (luck me there was someone outside that late) and I called 9/11. The cop was a jerk but he let me get my stuff out. I then told off the rude attendant and slept in my SUV.

I hope they go out of business and the social service agency Pacific Clinics needs to stop referring people here.

Room Tip: Find another place.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeff J
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Have you been hankerin’ for good batch of meth just like Mom used to make? They have plenty of kitchenettes where you can have a week-long cook off. No one will even notice.
Always wanted to open a “home-grown” pharmacy? Discretion is middle name of all staff members and you have a built-in clientele wandering the parking lots and staircases all hours of the day.
Need to get rid of that car and want to cash in on the insurance? You don’t even need to check in, just park it out back, it’ll be gone in the morning.
Woman hasn’t been bringing in that money that you know she can make in a night and you need a place to “smack yo’ bi___ down”? Wow, have you got the right place.
Maybe you’re just curious. Go on in, maybe you’ll find someone’s discarded t-shirt like I did, (guess that bathroom didn’t really get cleaned too well), or maybe you’ll be lucky and open the fridge and find a severed human head. Lucky you!
I just have one more question… What was that brown streak on the wall by the toilet?

Room Tip: Perhaps another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Willy T R
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 June 2011

On the outside this place didn't seem that bad because the neighborhood looks okay. As soon as I walked on the property I saw what people here meant. The place has long timers and they look like crack addicts with their crack addicted babies. I have been here one hour and while sitting in my room I already heard screaming and the F word dropped a lot. Low income housing special apparently. I am staying here one night due to a friend's wedding and this motel is 5 minutes away from where she is having it. Hopefully someone doesn't come into my room to take my stuff either and that my car later on doesn't get broken into!

I wouldn't go into the swimming pool out of fear of disease.

The only nice things that I can say is that there are plenty places to eat nearby, it was less than $50 for the night, and the room itself is okay (if you like hunter green carpeting). I am getting the hell out of here as early as I can tomorrow morning! Honestly, if there were other hotels within 10 minutes of my friend I would have stayed there even if it was paying much more. I am a 26 year old solo female and this place is sketchyyyyyyyyyy. I feel like I could be in a Jay Z video.

Oh and the Wifi is slow and I am right next to their office....

Room Tip: I went to AAA and it was the cheapest there.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank gafiltafish
Riverside CA
Reviewed 5 August 2008

As a student, I have stayed here 20 times in the last year to save money. The rooms were always clean, but sometimes towels were missing or soap was missing. The staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. The wireless Internet is fast and free. It appears that some people live at this motel. People sometimes hang around their open doors, and it can be noisy. There are often old cars parked there. On the other hand, there are a lot of typical tourists there as well. Parking is not convenient to the door because many spaces are reserved for handicapped parking near the office. The lot is well lighted. Overall, it was an acceptable place to stay if your main goal is cutting expenses.

• Liked — inexpensive and clean with wireless internet
  • Disliked — some scruffy looking folks who may live there permanently
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gradstudent99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to American Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!