“Not a Great Experience”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pomona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not a Great Experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Checked in on Friday afternoon. Rebecca was really helpful and very friendly. I should have been concerned when someone was checking out early, when we were checking in.
Stayed here rather than a different hotel that offered a manager's reception, but I chose the cook to order breakfast at the Shiloh Inn instead. In the morning Rebecaa told us that there cook called in sick, so we had to go to the sister property across the street. Breakfast consisted of cold pancakes, runny oatmeal, toast, bagels. When I asked about a cooked to order breakfast, I was told I could order and pay off the menu.
I asked about the breakfast when we returned to our Hotel and was told that they do not offer cooked to order breakfasts. It is a continental breakfast since they are under new ownership.
When trying to take a shower, could not get the shower to start. Had to have 2 housekeeping people come in and figure out how to do it. Then had to pull on a metal piece (missing a knob) until the water come at from the showerhead. Once we figured out this part, tried to adjust the water and could not. We ended up taking cold showers.

Never will we stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Shilo I, VP of Operations at Hilltop Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear megsmom4865,
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences expressed in your review and we would like you to know that this hotel, prior to your stay, changed ownership and is now operated by a new Owner/Franchisee. Shilo Management Corporation will continue to hold the few independent franchisees that we do have, to the high Shilo standards of hospitality & service that each of our many Shilo company owned properties must adhere to. We will immediately share your comments with these new franchisees and ask them to take immediate corrective action to assure future Shilo Inns’ hospitality is given to each of our valued guests.
We hope that you will give Shilo Inns another opportunity, to be of service.

Leon Standbridge
VP, Shilo Management Corporation
503-641-6565

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Thank you to Fabiola and the rest of the staff for making all of our family who was there for the wedding feel at home. The rooms were clean and nice!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Union City, California
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were disappointed that the restaurant was closed when we were there, because they were just bought by Hyatt. But the service was exceptional! The response was very quick and friendly when we asked for extra towels, asked them to fix the internet which dropped out once, and especially when we had to check out unexpectedly early. Fabiola at the front desk explained we booked through a third party, but then she called for us and made sure we would not be charged for the two nights we didn't end up staying - Thank you so much! The location was convenient to Cal Poly, the beds were very comfortable, and the A/C worked well - it was hot outside! But the breakfast was minimal, the spa jets didn't operate, and the internet was very slow. I enjoyed the rabbits on the grounds and would stay here again after it gets some updating.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The carpet and decor are dirty and out-dated! They need to update EVERYTHING! When trying to dial out on my room phone for room service, there was a constant ringing in the background which made it difficult to place my order. One of the lights was out in the hallway which gave me a creepy feeling. It reminded me of the shining. Not a nice hotel at all!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jen m

Travellers are raving about these Pomona hotels

Palmdale, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

As another reviewer mentioned, we also got dinged with a 100 dollar deposit that we were not told about.
The furnishings were in relatively decent condition, but they were a complete flashback to the 80's. The room was large, and the bed was comfortable, but there was just an overall creepy feeling for both my husband and myself. I didn't want to go around barefoot on the carpet. The wallpaper was peeling and the showerhead was clogged in the bathroom. It took our airconditioner five hours to drop the room three degrees. We slept okay, and the breakfast the next morning was amazing. It was a full, hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, and sausage in addition to muffins, bagels and cereal. That was nice.

But, until they remodel, we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were placed on the 3rd floor overlooking the roof in the back. It was...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hek1122
Riverside, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was on an over night stay at your establishment and I was very tired after a long week, however when I entered in and this most gracious host Fabilo greeted me with a smile and began to assist me the day seemed to look brighter.. Service is key!!! I travel a great deal personally and professionally I will occupy this hotel everytime I'm in the area as long as you have (Fabilo) and others like her working there.. Great human being!!!

Room Tip: Great Service!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tammy B
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I checked in at 7pm that evening and was told I had to leave a $100 security deposit which Expedia haven't told me about.So that kind of didn't set correct with me, also they make you sign a document that if you smoke in the room that it would be a $350 fine, which is fine and all since I don't smoke, but the hallways smell like Heavy smoke. The room was clean but has a funny smell to it which kind of bothered me and my guest. The hotel also told me that their was security on site at all times, which made me feel more comfortable. But when at check out the next morning putting my things away in the car I noticed my car had been broken into the early hours of the morning. Which they broke thru the driver's side door so they damaged the door stole my sunglasses and also took my 3rd seat of my Chevy Suburban LTZ. I told the person at check out what happened and she was not even helpful at all, I had to call the Pomona police myself and wait for them to write up a report. Also i asked if I could speak to a manger on site which there wasn't one their cause it was his or her day off. Overall I wasn't happy from the beginining of my arrival I also left a message to the manager and still haven't recieved a call back as of yet. I have never in my life been treated this way and I am a very UNHAPPY customer.I wouldn't stay at that hotel ever again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Hilltop Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!