My husband and I have lived just down the block from this hotel for 3 1/2 yrs. We've had friends stay there and they were very pleased with the Hotel. Our Election Voting Poll is located in one of the meeting rooms so we've been inside many times and it is a very nicely decorated, clean, classy hotel. Our friends said they were very impressed with the breakfast; that it was delicious and plentiful. Port Hueneme is a quiet, attractive beach community; we have always felt quite safe walking around the beach and the neighborhoods, day or night. We've also watched the progress of the renovation and quite frankly been blown away that everything is being replaced, even tho it looked pretty good the way it was to us!! The absolute best thing about Port Hueneme is that it is so peaceful and the beach is not crowded. We're a little off the beaten path-- and we like it that way-- but it's only 5 minutes to Oxnard Marina with restaurants and shops, 10 minutes to downtown Oxnard, and 10-15 minutes to downtown Ventura. We are also only a mile from the huge Ventura Navy Base which houses the U.S. Seabee Museum and about 6 miles from Ventura Harbor and the National Park Visitors' Center for the Channel Islands, which are visible from the beaches. We feel sure, from what we've seen, this Hotel will be even better than it has been when they fully re-open as Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express, Port Hueneme, California. Port Hueneme, the "Jewel of the California Coast" is situated between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara and is within walking distance to the beautiful, pristine beaches of Port Hueneme. Our spacious, newly renovated guest rooms feature refrigerators and microwaves in every room and a complimentary Express Start breakfast served each morning. For exploring the area, the Holiday Inn Express is unmatched among hotels in Port Hueneme. Stay with us and you're just a short stroll from beautiful beaches, great shopping, excellent restaurants, fun attractions and local nightlife with Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles under an hour away. Time your visit just right and you can join us for exciting annual events such as the Point Mugu Quiksilver Surf Competition, Port Hueneme Beach Festival, Ventura County Fair, Point Mugu Air Show, California Strawberry Festival, Banana Festival or Salsa Festival. Our government or business travelers will enjoy our close proximity to the main entrance of Naval Base Ventura County, the Port of Hueneme and many major businesses. The 24-hour Business Center and complimentary wired and wireless HSIA offer convenience, and our spacious meeting room is perfect for hosting meetings or events. This Port Hueneme hotel is also located just a few blocks from the new U. S. Seabee Museum and three miles from the Ventura County Maritime Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme Hotel Port Hueneme
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme
- Country Inn Port Hueneme
- Port Hueneme Country Inn