Very few negatives to say about this place. I will do them first. The neighborhood is not the best in the area but I did not feel uncomfortable outside the hotel. Not many places to eat in walking distance. The exterior is dated but matches the other buildings in the neighborhood. One of the treadmills were broken (I have not figure out how to run or walk on two at the same time, plus you're in CA go outside).
Good- The staff was great! Unlike many of the other remodelled hotels around the country they actually did a great job. Room smelled clean. WIFI was strong in the room, lobby and fitness area. Workout room has 2 treadmills and 2 bike (still waiting of weights at Holiday inn one set of changable weight dumbells is all that is needed). Free Arrowhead bottled water in the fitness room and dysinfectant wipes. 2 blocks from the beach I had a great run even though it was raining. Rate was best in the area and much better accomidations than many.
I will stay here over Crown Plaza in Ventura and Holiday Inn Camarillo everytime this one is a winner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express, Port Hueneme, California. Port Hueneme, the "Jewel of the California Coast" is situated between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara and is within walking distance to the beautiful, pristine beaches of Port Hueneme. Our spacious, newly renovated guest rooms feature refrigerators and microwaves in every room and a complimentary Express Start breakfast served each morning. For exploring the area, the Holiday Inn Express is unmatched among hotels in Port Hueneme. Stay with us and you're just a short stroll from beautiful beaches, great shopping, excellent restaurants, fun attractions and local nightlife with Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles under an hour away. Time your visit just right and you can join us for exciting annual events such as the Point Mugu Quiksilver Surf Competition, Port Hueneme Beach Festival, Ventura County Fair, Point Mugu Air Show, California Strawberry Festival, Banana Festival or Salsa Festival. Our government or business travelers will enjoy our close proximity to the main entrance of Naval Base Ventura County, the Port of Hueneme and many major businesses. The 24-hour Business Center and complimentary wired and wireless HSIA offer convenience, and our spacious meeting room is perfect for hosting meetings or events. This Port Hueneme hotel is also located just a few blocks from the new U. S. Seabee Museum and three miles from the Ventura County Maritime Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme Hotel Port Hueneme
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme
- Country Inn Port Hueneme
- Port Hueneme Country Inn